ADVERTISEMENT

Our Gotham opponent has to be one of the following teams

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
By process of elimination per the Blogging the Bracket site, the following teams from the Top 11 conferences have yet to publicly announce an exempt tournament:

Big 10
Rutgers

Big 12
Baylor

Big East
Providence

SEC
Arkansas

Pac 12
Stanford
Cal
Oregon
Oregon State

A10
Davidson
Fordham
St. Bonaventure
Saint Louis
Richmond
LaSalle

American
East Carolina
UCF
Houston
Tulane

MWC
Colorado State
Air Force
Wyoming
Nevada
Utah State

WCC
St. Mary's (Gonzaga and BYU are booked, didnt look at the other teams because they suck)

MVC
Loyola (Chicago)

FWIW, Pitt, Lou, and GT are the only ACC teams that aren't listed on that site. The only reason I know Pitt is in the Gotham Classic is because Jamie said so at his opening season press conference.

Its very possible, though, that Pitt will play a game at MSG as "part" of the Gotham Classic but not technically be "in" the Gotham Classic in terms of the exempt status it brings. WVU/NCSU were in other tournaments but played as the feature game of a doubleheader which included Richmond/Pepperdine.

In short, our options are very limited if the Gotham is our 2015 exempt event. I'd bet on Rutgers or Providence. However, if its not our exempt event and we just play there as a non-exempt game, we'd have to find another exempt tournament to play in and since all the good ones are booked, we'd probably create one like we've done in the past.
This post was edited on 3/25 12:49 PM by Sean Miller Fan

As I have stated before.....we are playing Cal in NYC. Straight from Dixon to me.

Please try to keep up.

We are in Japan and in Gotham

Nm

This post was edited on 3/25 9:58 PM by Bethlehemjohn

I think the "please try and keep up" comment was a bit unnecessary. People missed it, big deal.

Originally posted by Las Panteras:
As I have stated before.....we are playing Cal in NYC. Straight from Dixon to me.

Please try to keep up.
Not a bad game but it always seems Pitt gets the 2nd tier kind of teams in these types of events.

Our 5 game losing streak probably cost us a couple slots in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge so we may be looking at a game with somebody like Iowa, Minnesota, Purdue, etc.

Gonzaga is a good game, obviously, but a probable loss.

I hope we can add at least 1 more high-level game.

Why was the comment excessive chadpapp. This smf is the biggest troll and phony around.He spews out BS daily starts rumors making Pitt look bad daily, acts like he is the center of college sports universe. The comment if anything was mild. And why do you need to post with a second nameacting as if someone is your lap dog fraud.

What exactly have we done lately to prove that we are more than a 2nd tier level team ourselves? The answer? Nothing. These events are also made for TV and they don't want to put together match-ups that will result in a 40 point blowout. Cal could very well be asking themselves the very same question.

The Gonzaga game will be interesting. If Jamie's boys get back to their true physical defense and make you work hard style, they will keep it close. If the two teams were to play right now, Pitt loses by 25-30. Of course they are a top 10 team, so Pitt would probably find a way to win it by 5 or so after blowing a 26 point lead.

Originally posted by Sean Miller Fan:
Originally posted by Las Panteras:

Please try to keep up.
Not a bad game but it always seems Pitt gets the 2nd tier kind of teams in these types of events.

Our 5 game losing streak probably cost us a couple slots in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge so we may be looking at a game with somebody like Iowa, Minnesota, Purdue, etc.

Gonzaga is a good game, obviously, but a probable loss.

I hope we can add at least 1 more high-level game.
If you are suggesting that Iowa, Minnesota Purdue is a bit of a dissapointment i would submit to you that Iowa and Purdue made the tournament....and Either of these teams coming here next December would be a tremendous upgrade from the crap Dixon brings in here EVERY December. Not to mention the real possibility of coming out of the Pete with a W.

As for the possibility of playing Cal, this guy Cuonzo Martin is tearing down Cal basketball and rebuilding a far better program. Pitt will have their hands full....on a neutral floor....against Cal.

Are the details for Japan on the calendar and locked in? Thanks in advance for any information. Hail to Pitt!

Have to get the air and hotel first;) Japan is one of the few countries in Asia that I have yet to visit...so may as well cross it off the bucket list and see a sneak peak at the 2015-16 Panthers. Hail to Pitt!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT