ADVERTISEMENT

Overall Assessment

TheSpecialSauce

Chancellor
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2019
I try to put a positive spin on Pitt sports, but here is the reality. PN is an average HC. If we had a great staff around him, then we could maybe hit the 10 win mark during a typical season. Our offensive staff is hot garbage. You better either bring good recruiting or good coaching to the table as an assistant coach. Ideally you want both, and Partridge is the only assistant that brings both good recruiting and coaching. If money was no object, then I’d be fine with going after a good, young head coach. If PN is the coach, then he needs to revamp his staff. That is essentially his last opportunity at success IMO.

Reactions: chirurgo
We’ve worn ourselves out over the years watching dropped passes, false starts, personal fouls, pass interference, roughing the passer, bad play calls, etc... We continue to kill ourselves...,

I try to put a positive spin on Pitt sports, but here is the reality. PN is an average HC. If we had a great staff around him, then we could maybe hit the 10 win mark during a typical season. Our offensive staff is hot garbage. You better either bring good recruiting or good coaching to the table as an assistant coach. Ideally you want both, and Partridge is the only assistant that brings both good recruiting and coaching. If money was no object, then I’d be fine with going after a good, young head coach. If PN is the coach, then he needs to revamp his staff. That is essentially his last opportunity at success IMO.
Can’t keep revamping the staff. It’s been 6 years. It’s starts at the top. Period. Narduzzi does not have the winning touch. Some guys have it and some guys don’t. The similarities to Foge are eerie. There was a reason Narduzzi was a long time assistant. I’d be surprised if we win 5. If you have to keep firing and hiring staff, you got a big problem.

Reactions: cashisking884
Can’t keep revamping the staff. It’s been 6 years. It’s starts at the top. Period. Narduzzi does not have the winning touch. Some guys have it and some guys don’t. The similarities to Foge are eerie. There was a reason Narduzzi was a long time assistant. I’d be surprised if we win 5. If you have to keep firing and hiring staff, you got a big problem.
You apparently didn’t read the last 3 sentences.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT