ADVERTISEMENT

P5 Commissioners: won't play without fans

He's already made up his mind about what's going to happen based on his deep experience on the subject matter. Why argue?

It’s apparent that people are mesmerized by the words of wisdom coming from lifetime politicians and the simpletons from the media without an ounce of skepticism.

Some people don't have a clue when it comes to separating fact and speculation. Here are facts as we know them:

1. The economy will get worse the longer this prolongs. How much, we don't know.

2. Every single model that has been provided by the so-called experts, have been wrong. FACT. We have empty hospital beds and not nearly as many deaths that have been projcted.

3. In the U.S., if a person dies that has the coronavirus, it is counted as death by the coronavirus, even though they may have other serious medical issues such as; cancer, heart disease, diabetes, etc.… That skews the data and makes it worse than it appears. FACT

4. We have no idea how many people have already had the coronavirus and have recovered. FACT

Everything else is speculation / opinion
4 isn’t fact -
Unless their death was related to disease

Really? Can you give me a percentage of how many people have actually practiced social distancing?

Yes. The influential model the WH uses (UW) factored in 50% social distancing compliance. They say it has been 90% which I agree with. I would say 9/10 people have been following the guidelines. I

I saw something interesting on twitter that said the odds for someone "young & healthy" to die from this is like .1%. They said to think of it this way. Tell someone to lineup at the goal line of a football field and to run a 100 yard straight line sprint to the other goal line. Somewhere on that field is a 3 inch square covering a land mine that if you step on it you die instantly. How much would you have to pay someone to accept that risk?

Me personally, I'm not accepting that. Would you?

That’s not really an applicable analogy. People will accept risk in their everyday lives in order to do the things they need to do and the things they enjoy. I will accept a level of risk to go to restaurants, sporting events, vacations, etc. I’m not going to accept risk to run across a football field

Yes. The influential model the WH uses (UW) factored in 50% social distancing compliance. They say it has been 90% which I agree with. I would say 9/10 people have been following the guidelines. I

So because the WH uses a "model" means that it's accurate? Like all the other models? How gullible....

Do you believe in anything/anyone or is everything just one big conspiracy or a bunch of misinformation for some nefarious purpose?

That probably comes across as wise ass/snarky but I’m actually serious.

Yes. But they have to have a track record for accuracy. Is being right once too much to ask? Right now, it's like listening to the weatherman...

Yes. But they have to have a track record for accuracy. Is being right once too much to ask? Right now, it's like listening to the weatherman...

Fair enough. But like I said earlier models for anything - not just covid - can be fluid.

I can’t say 240k is or was accurate. But I’m sure social distancing and other mitigation reduces the numbers.

Fair enough. But like I said earlier models for anything - not just covid - can be fluid.

I can’t say 240k is or was accurate. But I’m sure social distancing and other mitigation reduces the numbers.

No doubt that it has some effect. However, the number of fatalities has been overstated as well.

It was also message control from politicians
So if “only “ 80-100k die- look how great we did!

I have no doubt. I maintain a healthy dose of skepticism at most times so I’m certainly not critical of others who are skeptical. But sometimes skepticism leads to total kooks like QAnon. And I’m not suggesting anyone here was going that route FTR.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT