ADVERTISEMENT

PA Recruiting News

Wow. First time I saw him wrestle and didn’t get to see much. Bam. Don’t think anyone took him to the second period in the entire state tourney. Don’t know what his true weight is. If he’s close to 215 and could put on 25-30 lbs between now and November he may have a shot. Be hard to keep that talent on the bench.
walking around in the 190's

Cuerbo ends up getting 3rd. Great tournament from him. Heart breaker in the semis led the whole match and literally got taken down with 1 second against the #9 ranked kid in the nation (college review might have saved him) then avenged a loss from earlier in the season in a pretty dominant fashion to earn 3rd place

Reactions: Silkky1982
I think Kernan graduated. He walked on senior day apparently
I'm sure it was a wild year for HK where his future plans changed several years throughout the season. Going into the year he prob expected to start senior night and that was it; then he goes on a big winning streak and gets ranked, then drops a last second loss that puts him on a long losing streak. Then looking respectable at the end of the year.

That's a huge and sudden rollercoaster and there would be different times in all of that ^ where I thought I knew what I wanted next year. Wasn't he Nino's training partner at Bethel Park? Would make sense for them to go out together. Kernan was a sophomore by eligibility this year.

165 is a problem for 22-23, even if Kernan stays so I could really see it depending on whether or not we get a transfer there. The Ivy League canceled their 20 season and will not let athletes use eligibility postgrad so lots of talented Ivies on the move. Neil Antrassian from Bedford is a guy we could pick up for 184 as a stopgap like Cleary. However, he lost convincingly to Harvey this year so it's not quite an upgrade.

Cuerbo ends up getting 3rd. Great tournament from him. Heart breaker in the semis led the whole match and literally got taken down with 1 second against the #9 ranked kid in the nation (college review might have saved him) then avenged a loss from earlier in the season in a pretty dominant fashion to earn 3rd place
Agh poor guy, he wrestled so well. I just watched three straight matches where I think he entered as a slight dog and scored a takedown in the first :20. Aside from the last-second loss to #1, Cuerbo was out there drilling on dudes. It looks like he has a pretty big reach advantage over Chappell which obv makes offense a lot easier to come by. I believe TC went 3-2 at PIAAs without recording a takedown which says a lot about how advanced the rest of his game is. Watch out when the neutral offense catches up!

Thanks for all the support, it was a frustrating end to the season for Tebo. It was all mental and we are already working on it. His brother went through same issue in HS and we are better prepared to get Tebo back to himself. Going to NHSCA in two weeks and hitting the Freestyle circuit hard this year. He injured his hand last year and it kept him out of Freestyle which is where you really get to work on your neutral game.

Really frustrating for me was he beat a few state champs at different weights from this year earlier in the season and I believe, 10 state placers between 113 and 120 in AA and AAA. At 120 AA he beat the top 2 placers earlier this year and at 113 he beat the 3 and 4 wrestlers earlier also. He was also an Ultimate Tie Breaker loss against Wagner from wrestling for 3rd place.

From my years of experience, there is much more motivation in falling short of your goal than reaching it and I saw it immediately following his UTB loss. Tebo will be back and he will be better. Have another year to prove it.

Pitt did have a good showing overall, and talking to Headley at States, they really feel they are bringing in a good group over next couple years and have a good thing going. I am confident they are on the right track.

I’m getting excited for the future of the program. Trying to think how the lineup could look like in a few years

22-23
125- Poulin? Camacho if not, Cuerbo RS
133-Philippi Priest RS
141- Matthews
149- McMillen
157-Badgett, Laffey, Pletcher RS
165- Does Keslar go right away?
174- Augustine
184-Kernan, Lledo, transfer
197- Nino, Stout RS
Heavy- Slinger, Pitzer RS

23-24
Poulin? Camacho, Cuerbo
Priest, Chappel RS
Matthews
McMillen
Badgett, Laffey, Pletcher
Keslar
Augustine
McCay goes right away?
Stout
Pitzer

24-25
Poulin, Camacho, Cuerbo
Chappell
Priest
McMillen
Badgett, Laffey, Pletcher
Keslar
Augustine
McCay
Stout
Pitzer

Don’t see any holes in these lineups as long as everyone sticks.
Dont believe Camacho will see 25 again and Priest at 33 will be very difficult also. I see them at 33 and 41. Pitzer has the frame to put on a lot of muscle and will most likely grow some more. His hands are gigantic and his dad is 6'-5 I believe.

Reactions: Chaos and lucac
Awesome news! Reece was a 174 this year and went 12-4 as a sophomore redshirt wrestling unattached. He got pinned by Kernan at the Clarion open then beat him 5-1 at the matmen. He also beat #21 Pasiuk from Army and #29 Nijenhuis from Purdue.

He is a good athlete with solid fundamentals and plenty of upside left.

I like this pickup a lot.

Who has some info on Holden?

Edit:. Holden has an even better match history this year. He wrestled quite a few top 30 guys and was in the match in every one of them, including a 5-2 loss to Wentzel at the Matmen. I'm going to look that match up and check it out.

I think these are out 165 and 174 guys for next year. Luca could certainly beat out Heller for 174 though. These are definitely very good additions.

Awesome news! Reece was a 174 this year and went 12-4 as a sophomore redshirt wrestling unattached. He got pinned by Kernan at the Clarion open then beat him 5-1 at the matmen. He also beat #21 Pasiuk from Army and #29 Nijenhuis from Purdue.

He is a good athlete with solid fundamentals and plenty of upside left.

I like this pickup a lot.

Who has some info on Holden?

Edit:. Holden has an even better match history this year. He wrestled quite a few top 30 guys and was in the match in every one of them, including a 5-2 loss to Wentzel at the Matmen. I'm going to look that match up and check it out.

I think these are out 165 and 174 guys for next year. Luca could certainly beat out Heller for 174 though. These are definitely very good additions.

Wow that is huge! Takes care of 165 and 184. If Micky and Nino come back I believe we have a quality starter at every spot.

Thanks do you know if Gavin is pursuing?
I watched a lot of that bracket (since two Pitt guys) and I saw very little separation between most of the placers. Seemed like so many matches ended up in rideouts. Evans, Laffey, Pletcher, Gonzalez, the other finalist K Smith, Condomitti, and a couple others all could have either not placed or won the whole bracket imo.

Haven't seen it mentioned here yet that Backside Warrior Jack P is dropping to 145 to wrestle Jesse Mendez (!!) at the PWC. It would make sense for 149 to be the early plan for him, I think. JP is not tall

Evans had a great summer placing at Fargo and Super 32. Seems like when the lights are the brightest he steps up his game. I’m very confident they are pursuing just don’t know where we stand from his standpoint though. Listened to a couple interviews after winning the state title and I was very impressed by the kid btw

Reactions: _DBHoops
I’m also curious about Watters from West A if he is on our radar. Though I’m not sure he is much of a need with a lot of recent recruits around his weight.

Reactions: DevilDog42
Evans had a great summer placing at Fargo and Super 32. Seems like when the lights are the brightest he steps up his game. I’m very confident they are pursuing just don’t know where we stand from his standpoint though. Listened to a couple interviews after winning the state title and I was very impressed by the kid btw
Thanks for the reply

Really enjoyed the way they ran it in Detroit. Had a great time with my older boy. Fun watching him observe and all he had to say was I will be here as a competitor.

Pitt had a rough blood round, so close to having multiple placers. Future still looks bright.

Does anyone think it’s possible that Mac Stout can make 184? I’m just asking with nino and phillipi back, if we can somehow get Poulin at 125 and maybe a transfer for 165, our team could make a run at the ACC or am I dreaming?

Does anyone think it’s possible that Mac Stout can make 184? I’m just asking with nino and phillipi back, if we can somehow get Poulin at 125 and maybe a transfer for 165, our team could make a run at the ACC or am I dreaming?

Mac probably can’t make it, but we’ll have some other options coming in at 165 and 184 like we had this year with Cleary and Curry. Some news should come out soon.

What are the chances Pitzer cracks our lineup day one? Kid is a beast, he is going to be a lot of fun to watch the next couple years.

Mac probably can’t make it, but we’ll have some other options coming in at 165 and 184 like we had this year with Cleary and Curry. Some news should come out soon.

This is good news

So let's speculate! Who could be transferring at 184 that could really give the lineup a boost? Does PSU have a stud stuck behind Brooks?

Reactions: Chaos
Mason Manville, however his entire family uprooted to state college so I doubt he is leaving, even with really no way of cracking the lineup.

Reactions: lucac
Maybe stefanik from Princeton? He beat nino in the state finals, I’m hearing nothing just going off what was just said with the ivy leagues.

Reactions: lucac
Heard lots of little rumors at NCAA's but reluctant to post them. One would be a 197 possibly not happy where he is with Pitt ties and the other was a 165 who completed his time at his school with 1 year of eligibility remaining. Both NCAA qualifiers.
I’ll guess Woodley and Hartman based off that. Those would be great pickups.

I’ll guess Woodley and Hartman based off that. Those would be great pickups.
Heard lots of little rumors at NCAA's but reluctant to post them. One would be a 197 possibly not happy where he is with Pitt ties and the other was a 165 who completed his time at his school with 1 year of eligibility remaining. Both NCAA qualifiers.
How about bringing AHR back home from Oklahoma?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT