ADVERTISEMENT

PA Recruiting News

Sat with the Pitzer family last night. he is a man child out wrestling. His preparation will be taken to the next level in college. His mother and other family were in johnstown because his brother in 8th grade is tearing it up also. Already a big kid.

Lot of interesting young talent in the state -- quite a few freshmen sitting with records like 33-1, 32-2.
Yes there is. Something I have noticed over the years, you see a great deal of freshman at the lower weights who haven’t hit puberty and then they jump 2-3 weight classes the next two years. Theyre built a little different. There is also a strong trend to hold backs, 1 and even 2 year hold backs. With the PIAA rule being that you can’t turn 19 prior to July 1 of your Senior year, we are seeing a bunch of families holding back to get the most out of their high school career. Saw some matches last year between seniors and sophomores who were less than six months apart age wise.

Last edited:
Sat with the Pitzer family last night. he is a man child out wrestling. His preparation will be taken to the next level in college. His mother and other family were in johnstown because his brother in 8th grade is tearing it up also. Already a big kid.
He’s a good kid too. Very polite and he has a frame that can be built on. He will be a very athletic heavy weight, in my opinion

Reactions: persp
Pretty solid class coming in. We have some nice you g pieces and if we somehow add Poulin to that group we should be in a good spot for the future
Heard a rumor from a WVU wrestlers parent yesterday at WP’s that he is leaning WVU. Just a rumor, but coming from a WVU recruits parent it has some smoke to it.

• Sad
Reactions: Chaos
Watching some first-round matches from yesterday! I believe all commits are still front side except Pletcher who won his prelim and lost 4-2 to Evans who split matches with Laffey. Laffey WBF and could see Evans for a rubber match in the finals. Pletcher is still taking a fair amount of Ls but there's good potential for him to improve a lot on campus. Anyone think he could be a college 149? I've always thought he looked short & thick at 152.

Tebo used two reversals to win 4-2 in R16. Looks like he has a big, strong frame for 113. His opponent had decent height advantage so TC was not able to do much from neutral. Keslar won R16 12-3, he has a possible semifinal against Morlacci who he's split two matches with this year. Briar Priest WBF. We haven't heard a ton from him this year. He got a nice draw, with Kasak and Manville both on the top side.

Mac is very likely to have a semifinal tomorrow morning I think? Against undefeated Sonny Sasso, buncha folks were up in arms about them being on the same side of the brackets. In AA Pitzer and MacKay will prob cruise to the finals and then have more competitive matches there.

Cuerbo kicking off Ohio states today, he's a top 1 or 2 seed at 113 and there's a 44-0 guy on the other side so maybe we'll see that.

Unconfirmed siblings, etc
Jack Lledo (Sr.) from Lower Merion qualified at 160 taking third at the SE regional, he lost R16 and won his first consi match. Mason Kernan (So.) went 0-2 with two very close losses. I think he'll find a lot more success next year without Kilkeary in his district tbh.

Looking forward to going in and watching the replays of our guys since I haven't been able to catch anything live so far thanks for the update

Yeah all of our guys are looking very tough. we also have Kesler at 160. his toughest match I believe will be this one coming up here in a couple hours vs. Colajezzi, if he gets through that I think he is on his way to a title.

Pitzer with a pin to move into semis. Mackay won easily 6-1. AAA will start a little later

Reactions: lucac
We got some tough kids coming up, can’t wait till they get to Pitt. I’m still amazed with Pitzer, he literally doesn’t go a full period, his next match that goes longer will probably be the wrestling classic.

We got some tough kids coming up, can’t wait till they get to Pitt. I’m still amazed with Pitzer, he literally doesn’t go a full period, his next match that goes longer will probably be the wrestling classic.
Yep, and likely a rematch against TJ Stewart

Yep, and likely a rematch against TJ Stewart
Think so? Stewart went up a weight for their first matchup. Kind of seemed like a one-time thing to me but idk.

Laffey's QF was pretty nuts. Not why the his opponent was so averse to going on bottom even for the 30s rideouts.

Jack Pletcher then clinched his first state placement by defeating the same poor fella.

I was very confused with Laffeys opponent choice as well. I thought I might have missed something because it was so strange

Heard a rumor from a WVU wrestlers parent yesterday at WP’s that he is leaning WVU. Just a rumor, but coming from a WVU recruits parent it has some smoke to it.
He told us he didn’t like WVU after his visit. So there’s that.

i should add I think he’s waiting to see if any of the blue blood programs show interest, but I don’t us losing him to WVU.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT