ADVERTISEMENT

PA Recruiting News

Roselli staying then? Rumors from mid season where he was going to get let go. I think he is a great coach so I would personally give him another season

Reactions: lucac
Woodley would be somewhat strange considering Nino is back next year

The problem there is that would only work if Mac could make 184, cause Luke definitely isn’t.
[/QUOTE]

How about Nino again at 184? I only ask because I thought he didn't look like he weighed as much as many of his opponents. I wondered over the weekend what his actual wrestling weight was.

Reactions: Somerset Panther
How about Nino again at 184? I only ask because I thought he didn't look like he weighed as much as many of his opponents. I wondered over the weekend what his actual wrestling weight was.

I've wondered that too, I think someone stated here last year that Nino and Gregg would not be going back down, they seemed pretty confident in that at the time.

@Silky right there with you, you know I've been thinking the same thing ever since TC committed haha. Too bad

I think we would all love to get Luke but I don't see it, where does he wrestle? It's not like he's one of the Ivy grad transfers, he was a freshman this year--we have Nino next year at 197 then presumably four years of Mac.

Could the 197 that Cranberry mentioned be Lou DePrez? He only moved up to 197 this year so a 184 return might be possible for him.

Reactions: persp and Chaos
I've wondered that too, I think someone stated here last year that Nino and Gregg would not be going back down, they seemed pretty confident in that at the time.

@Silky right there with you, you know I've been thinking the same thing ever since TC committed haha. Too bad

I think we would all love to get Luke but I don't see it, where does he wrestle? It's not like he's one of the Ivy grad transfers, he was a freshman this year--we have Nino next year at 197 then presumably four years of Mac.

Could the 197 that Cranberry mentioned be Lou DePrez? He only moved up to 197 this year so a 184 return might be possible for him.
Deprez has been Nino kryptonite historically. Would be a good pickup but not sure he is still an 84 at heart.

Nino's biggest issue at 184 was the guys with good athleticism. They could handle Nino's pace and take advantage of sloppy shots. The 197 guys aren't as good with that, even the top guys.

I think Nino's biggest issue right now is himself. When his game is working, he looks damn near unbeatable. But when guys can tie him up and keep him from finishing like Trumble and Hoffman did, it seems that Nino gets a bit frustrated and starts pressing. That's what happened in the Hoffman match. He looked good to start, then Hoffman jammed up him finishes and then Nino started taking these poorly set up shots from distance. Unfortunately, he really didn't get back to usual self for the rest of the tournament.

The problem there is that would only work if Mac could make 184, cause Luke definitely isn’t.

[/QUOTE]
I agree. Can’t recall anytime he looked to be the bigger of two wrestlers at 197.

I agree. Can’t recall anytime he looked to be the bigger of two wrestlers at 197.
[/QUOTE]
Nino weighed more than Cooley did at the start of last season, he may not look it, but I doubt he can make 184

Reactions: _DBHoops and persp
Watching the PWC. Is Laffey known for his top game, or is his opponent just not great? I remember guys choosing neutral against him in Hershey.

Wow Keslar just stole the show in the undercard. Showed off a lot of funk early in the match and then threw his opp (Mizzou commit) to his back while down one with 30 seconds left. Great stuff, hope some of ya'll are in the building!
Is this being streamed anywhere?

How are the Pitt commits doing? I assume that Pitzer lost based on the last post? Thanks.

I'm not reading too much into that matchup since those two will be wrestling in weight classes 100lb apart in college. I don't think many heavyweights will have a quickness edge like that on Dayton Pitzer in a couple years.
Keep in mind that Stewart was highly motivated for this rematch. As soon as I saw he was on the team, I knew he would face Pitzer. I even posted it somewhere. He wrestled 220 at Powerade just to face Pitzer. Being that kind of competitor, he was always going to be hunting a rematch

Stewart wrestled 220 all year. He was at that weight at Ironman and Beast too, not just Powerade.
Mac stout looked great. That was a high level match. Rogers ranked #2 in the nation and heading to Michigan. Stout got three nice takedowns and controlled the match.

Reactions: persp and Ryno53
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT