ADVERTISEMENT

PA Recruiting News

68d12y.jpg

The unsigned senior I would be interested in is Connor pierce. Also would love to know if coaches are on Scott Johnson as well
cuerbo in Ohio won his first round match

Reactions: Silkky1982
I like how Laffey looks like he's dribbling a pretend basketball in his neutral stance! Haha
He does seem to have some serious bottom issues though. Weird exchange to start the third: KL started the third on top up 1-0, got reversed into criteria but not for two seconds, then reversed his opp back, then opp escape. I have that score as 3-3 but he lost 4-2; not sure what I missed.

Priest and Keslar advance to the finals!

I watched Stouts loss. He got caught rolling around and ended up in some goofy tilt. Took Sasso down twice in the first period. I think he gassed a little too.

Last edited:
Did any Pitt commits finish 1st? Thanks for all of the updates.

Never saw that coming, little pletcher came all the way through to the 3-4 place match
I was impressed with what I saw. He gave the #1 seed all he could handle in his second match then straight up beat the #3 seed in the blood round that Laffey squeaked by in the quarters.

He looks and wrestles a ton like Luke, but appears to be less experienced. I saw him looking to his coaches a lot during matches and taking their coaching well.

If he is as inexperienced as he appears, his upside could be huge.

Did you guys see Kasak get decked in the semis with 22 seconds left? Manville threw a hail mary and it worked. UNBELIEVABLE

Reactions: DevilDog42
Pitzer is such a beast. 44-0 with 43 pins this season. How is he only ranked #6 in the nation?

What's the plan for him at Pitt? Is he going to redshirt? I have to think that he will be a threat at HWT in college from day 1

Good question about his ranking, how??? Can’t wait to get him on campus too, turn him loose and let him compete!

Reactions: persp
I like how Laffey looks like he's dribbling a pretend basketball in his neutral stance! Haha
He does seem to have some serious bottom issues though. Weird exchange to start the third: KL started the third on top up 1-0, got reversed into criteria but not for two seconds, then reversed his opp back, then opp escape. I have that score as 3-3 but he lost 4-2; not sure what I missed.

Priest and Keslar advance to the finals!
Pitzer is such a beast. 44-0 with 43 pins this season. How is he only ranked #6 in the nation?

What's the plan for him at Pitt? Is he going to redshirt? I have to think that he will be a threat at HWT in college from day 1
Wow. First time I saw him wrestle and didn’t get to see much. Bam. Don’t think anyone took him to the second period in the entire state tourney. Don’t know what his true weight is. If he’s close to 215 and could put on 25-30 lbs between now and November he may have a shot. Be hard to keep that talent on the bench.

Wow. First time I saw him wrestle and didn’t get to see much. Bam. Don’t think anyone took him to the second period in the entire state tourney. Don’t know what his true weight is. If he’s close to 215 and could put on 25-30 lbs between now and November he may have a shot. Be hard to keep that talent on the bench.
He had two matches that went beyond the first period all year.

Reactions: singregardless
At his height, he is definitely cutting to get to 215. I wouldnt even be surprised if he walked around at 225-230.

Just seeing alot of these college heavies wrestle makes me think he would pin the majority of them too. Ain't no dopey HWT gonna stop Pitzer from flattening them out and slapping on that crossface cradle. No way in Hades. He'll pin Slinger every time they roll. Every time.

I just don't see how he doesn't start day 1 with the skills he has. He has to be Pitt's best recruit in a very long time

Reactions: Chaos
At his height, he is definitely cutting to get to 215. I wouldnt even be surprised if he walked around at 225-230.

Just seeing alot of these college heavies wrestle makes me think he would pin the majority of them too. Ain't no dopey HWT gonna stop Pitzer from flattening them out and slapping on that crossface cradle. No way in Hades. He'll pin Slinger every time they roll. Every time.

I just don't see how he doesn't start day 1 with the skills he has. He has to be Pitt's best recruit in a very long time
Agreed, I too think he is the best overall recruit we have had coming in. Can’t wait to see this kid for Pitt. Good things in the future!

Wtf, how does Kilkeary have a full beard as a junior in high school 🤯

I’m getting excited for the future of the program. Trying to think how the lineup could look like in a few years

22-23
125- Poulin? Camacho if not, Cuerbo RS
133-Philippi Priest RS
141- Matthews
149- McMillen
157-Badgett, Laffey, Pletcher RS
165- Does Keslar go right away?
174- Augustine
184-Kernan, Lledo, transfer
197- Nino, Stout RS
Heavy- Slinger, Pitzer RS

23-24
Poulin? Camacho, Cuerbo
Priest, Chappel RS
Matthews
McMillen
Badgett, Laffey, Pletcher
Keslar
Augustine
McCay goes right away?
Stout
Pitzer

24-25
Poulin, Camacho, Cuerbo
Chappell
Priest
McMillen
Badgett, Laffey, Pletcher
Keslar
Augustine
McCay
Stout
Pitzer

Don’t see any holes in these lineups as long as everyone sticks.

Not sure exactly, he seems he has a little longer frame to potentially get up to 184. Just a junior wrestling 160, so still growing. Though I figured he would have gotten bigger after wrestling 152 his freshman year.

Could probably switch him and Luca around.

Not sure exactly, he seems he has a little longer frame to potentially get up to 184. Just a junior wrestling 160, so still growing. Though I figured he would have gotten bigger after wrestling 152 his freshman year.

Could probably switch him and Luca around.
I didn't realize he had another still. Makes more sense with that in mind

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT