ADVERTISEMENT

Pat Narduzzi Still Getting Pub for Michigan State

There's no way in hell MSU would hire Narduzzi. Word gets around and so does 3-8.
No so fast,. If you know the landscape Pitt has been tough on anyone trying to get to 7-8 wins a season for a long time. MSU is a better job, Paul Chryst, Mr. 6-6 with "0" charisma, is a good example, he had a successful run once he left Pitt 19-19 vs 67-26.

No so fast,. If you know the landscape Pitt has been tough on anyone trying to get to 7-8 wins a season for a long time. MSU is a better job, Paul Chryst, Mr. 6-6 with "0" charisma, is a good example, he had a successful run once he left Pitt 19-19 vs 67-26.
And then got canned at wisky, right ?

Remember MSU hired Mel Tucker from Colorado after a 5-7 record. So who knows what MSU might do...3-9/4-8 record might look good to them....

Reactions: Parkview57
Man, I think my dream scenario is Narduzzi to MSU this year, then next year USC fires Riley and Franklin takes that job... and then Mike Tomlin is hired at Penn State.

Reactions: Dan1911
With out knowing who is on Heather Lykes' shortlist of replacement candidates that are deemed realistically obtainable; I have a hard time getting excited about the prospect of Narduzzi leaving after a season like this.

Because Narduzzi seems to be very well liked by current players and recruits, it's likely that the coach best suited for cleaning up Narduzzi's own mess and avoiding mass defections from the program is Narduzzi himself.

But if you show me the list of top candidates for replacements and there is a splash hire somewhere on there, I could be very easily disassociated from that opinion.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
With out knowing who is on Heather Lykes' shortlist of replacement candidates that are deemed realistically obtainable; I have a hard time getting excited about the prospect of Narduzzi leaving after a season like this.

Because Narduzzi seems to be very well liked by current players and recruits, it's likely that the coach best suited for cleaning up Narduzzi's own mess and avoiding mass defections from the program is Narduzzi himself.

But if you show me the list of top candidates for replacements and there is a splash hire somewhere on there, I could be very easily disassociated from that opinion.

He is a 7-5 coach besides the extreme luck of Kenny + Addison + Covid. There's a ton of coaches who can go 7-5 coach. Even Chryst and Graham managed 6-6. Narduzzi is a horrendous recruiter and maybe no one would recruit well but you might as well try. The ceiling for Narduzzi is very low.

I just saw an article claiming MSU reached out to Dave Doeren. Who knows if it's true, or being spread by Doeren's camp, but he's no different than Narduzzi.

He is a 7-5 coach besides the extreme luck of Kenny + Addison + Covid. There's a ton of coaches who can go 7-5 coach. Even Chryst and Graham managed 6-6. Narduzzi is a horrendous recruiter and maybe no one would recruit well but you might as well try. The ceiling for Narduzzi is very low.

I watch a lot of college football podcasts, and one of the things they always bring up in these coaching searches is to not overvalue what a guy did with his best QB, because that's usually an outlier.

I tend to think that should be contingent on just how much of a role the HC had in developing said QB. Nevertheless, I don't think Michigan State would be dumb enough to do something like this. He's a little worse than a 7-5 coach, actually. That's just not all that impressive when you've played in the ACC Coastal.

And from a Pitt perspective, I think we'll be back to guys making bowling gestures when we win a one-point game in Syracuse in November. It was fun while it lasted, but the absolvency of the Coastal couple with the current state of NIL... yeah, we're screwed.

I watch a lot of college football podcasts, and one of the things they always bring up in these coaching searches is to not overvalue what a guy did with his best QB, because that's usually an outlier.

I tend to think that should be contingent on just how much of a role the HC had in developing said QB. Nevertheless, I don't think Michigan State would be dumb enough to do something like this. He's a little worse than a 7-5 coach, actually. That's just not all that impressive when you've played in the ACC Coastal.

And from a Pitt perspective, I think we'll be back to guys making bowling gestures when we win a one-point game in Syracuse in November. It was fun while it lasted, but the absolvency of the Coastal couple with the current state of NIL... yeah, we're screwed.

That's a great point. When looking at coaches, you need to take a deep dive. The QB is the most important position in all of sports. In extreme circumstances, it could be worth 6-7 wins in a given year. Unless the coach has a proven track record of developing QBs, I dont think you can evaluate him based off of his best (or worst QB). Narduzzi isnt 11-2. And he's not 3-9. He's 7-5 Pat and we love him for that. We cant do any better than 7-5.

If Narduzzi cans Cignetti and brings in a real offense/OC, then I’m fine with him. He pulls this Cigs is our guy crap, can his a$$

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT