ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Zeise in his mailbag thinks Stallings is gone after the season

graves was over confident. he took two last possession game winner shots and missed his freshman year when he had no right being on the court. One was against seton hall. probably why I still til to this day, dislike him.

Uconn was the other one. It was our first loss after starting 18-0 I think. Graves was still a really good player, and even the freshman version of Graves would be the best player on this roster, easily.

Kham Davis will not be as good as Antonio Graves no way. Jones....doubtful. But I think Davis ultimately either leaves after the coaching change, or is recruited over. Even if he's here next season, Ellison will eat into a lot of his minutes.
Antonio Graves career stats at Pitt:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/antonio-graves-1.html

I think Davis can match those. Davis will play next season no matter who is one team. he might not play 30 minutes but he will sure be around 20.

Uconn was the other one. It was our first loss after starting 18-0 I think. Graves was still a really good player, and even the freshman version of Graves would be the best player on this roster, easily.
good memory. being the best person on this roster isn't all that much of a ringing endorsement.

I kid you not though, I actually am still mad at graves, hence I say he sucks, because of those two plays his freshman year. I need mental help.

If my memory is correct, I seem to remember Graves being a more confident player than Jones.

I believe Davis might ultimately be as good as Graves and better than Jones.
graves was over confident. he took two last possession game winner shots and missed his freshman year when he had no right being on the court. One was against seton hall. probably why I still til to this day, dislike him.

I remember that but the point is he was on the court for a Top 5 team as a true frosh

No way. Carr is significantly better than Freshman Graves

Reactions: Swervin27
If my memory is correct, I seem to remember Graves being a more confident player than Jones.

I believe Davis might ultimately be as good as Graves and better than Jones.

Kham Davis will not be as good as Antonio Graves no way. Jones....doubtful. But I think Davis ultimately either leaves after the coaching change, or is recruited over. Even if he's here next season, Ellison will eat into a lot of his minutes.

Jones played too much. Jones should have gotten 10-15 MPG on a good team but we were so short on talent at the 2 that we had to start Wright, Sterling Smith, and Jones for half a decade

Reactions: gary2
I think Kam will prove you wrong. Purely based on stats he’s already matching what Graves did over his career in almost the same amount of minutes per game. And I think Kam will be better than Graves as well.

Antonio Graves career stats at Pitt:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/antonio-graves-1.html

I think Davis can match those. Davis will play next season no matter who is one team. he might not play 30 minutes but he will sure be around 20.

If Antonio Graves played 35 mpg on this team, what would his stats be? You can't just simply line up stats, that's insane. Who is the better player? If Kham was on Pitt during the years Graves was here, he wouldn't have played any minutes. Cmon, you know that.

Like SMF said, Graves has had one of the best pro/euro careers of any of the Dixon players, I doubt Kham will.

How is Davis going to play 20 mpg next year? I would assume Carr/Stewart/Ellison/Frame average around 30 min each between the 1 and 3. There are 120 minutes for those 3 spots, not a lot left for Kham.

But, again, with the coaching change who knows.

If Antonio Graves played 35 mpg on this team, what would his stats be? You can't just simply line up stats, that's insane. Who is the better player? If Kham was on Pitt during the years Graves was here, he wouldn't have played any minutes. Cmon, you know that.

Like SMF said, Graves has had one of the best pro/euro careers of any of the Dixon players, I doubt Kham will.

How is Davis going to play 20 mpg next year? I would assume Carr/Stewart/Ellison/Frame average around 30 min each between the 1 and 3. There are 120 minutes for those 3 spots, not a lot left for Kham.

But, again, with the coaching change who knows.
The Euro career is not in this discussion. Graves on this team versus Davis on the other is not in this discussion.

I am saying when everything is said and done, I expect Davis career at Pitt to look much the same as Graves career at Pitt. Not a star but a contributor. (Jones was a place holder)

The Euro career is not in this discussion. Graves on this team versus Davis on the other is not in this discussion.

I am saying when everything is said and done, I expect Davis career at Pitt to look much the same as Graves career at Pitt. Not a star but a contributor. (Jones was a place holder)

I will agree with you there. The big difference of course is that Kham will be a contributor on bad teams, Graves was a contributor on 4 NCAA teams. There's a big difference.

Reactions: rockypanther
I will agree with you there. The big difference of course is that Kham will be a contributor on bad teams, Graves was a contributor on 4 NCAA teams. There's a big difference.
You are very likely correct. (At least for his first 2 seasons)

How do you know Nate Oats or Earl Grant are better at coaching/recruiting than Stallings? Stallings was once them and at least proved to be mediocre at the major level
How about you answer this for the million stupid posts of yours that are written as fact when in actual fact they are only your fantasies.

Yea and even Brown, I can see growing into his body, becoming more fluid and less robotic and becoming a legitimate major D1 center. Most big guys take time.

I think 5/7 freshmen are pieces of the puzzle, I really do. But you have another lesser-ranked frosh coming in behind them who wont be an instant help. You'd really need to hit it big with the next class
Lol

Reactions: Pittnerski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT