ADVERTISEMENT

Paul Zeise in his mailbag thinks Stallings is gone after the season

Carr - has all-ACC potential, worst-case is a good ACC player

Stewart - Cam Johnson-like potential, worst-case Sterling Smith

Davis - Antonio Graves potential. Worst-case: Chris Jones

Brown - best case: Gary McGhee, worst case: Terrell Brown with no improvement

Stevenson - tougher one to figure out. Could see him developing into a really good player or just being a 5th starter/bench guy
You are way over selling each of their potential.

They are getting 20+ minutes a game.
This is their potential

Stevenson - tougher one to figure out. Could see him developing into a really good player or just being a 5th starter/bench guy
You are way over selling each of their potential.

They are getting 20+ minutes a game.
This is their potential

Freshmen don't improve?

Reactions: gary2

I agree with souf, you are being way too kind. Carr I like a lot, Stevenson has grown on me big time. Parker Stewart is a poor man's Ronald ramon and I love, LOVE Wilson-Frame.

Luther we'll keep out now due to injury, I like him too though. not another player on that roster do I see doing anything at this level.. to the point where i'll say flat out, they don't even deserve to be on the court in an ACC game. Watching our bigs play defense is sickening, vomit inducing to see how soft we are down low. These bigs we have now make guys like Morris and McGee look like Hall of fame players.

I agree with souf, you are being way too kind. Carr I like a lot, Stevenson has grown on me big time. Parker Stewart is a poor man's Ronald ramon and I love, LOVE Wilson-Frame.

Luther we'll keep out now due to injury, I like him too though. not another player on that roster do I see doing anything at this level.. to the point where i'll say flat out, they don't even deserve to be on the court in an ACC game. Watching our bigs play defense is sickening, vomit inducing to see how soft we are down low.

Brown could develop into one of Pitt's better bigs. He came in with a reputation as a shooter, even a 3 point shooter. That has to still be in there. He has a number of dunks. He has a number of blocks. Some games he gets 5 to 7 rebounds. He is a freshman that needs to get stronger and gain experience. I do wish he moved a little better and was less robotic.

Davis is a freshman too. He can play defense, rebound and hit open shots. He likely is not a starter, but should be a solid rotation guy.

Freshmen don't improve?
Some strengthening and conditioning may improve .

Perhaps Carr will improve is awareness and pass, instead of being a dribble addict.

Stewart’s athleticism won’t.

Perhaps Stevenson and Davis can add to their games.

But- their potential is limited-
I’d say your worse case is more likely their best case and worse case is present state.

Reactions: DiehardPanther

Perhaps Carr will improve is awareness and pass, instead of being a dribble addict.

I’d say your worse case is more likely their best case and worse case is present state.
oh man, you don't see a lot in Carr? I like him. You got to consider the fact not only is he a true freshman but he's surrounded by garbage too. I mean it's not like our past point guards who had reliable players to rely on. if anything, I want Carr to be more aggressive, mainly because there isn't too much else..

Stewart is a 3 point streaky shooter, every team has one, or needs one. Stevenson I see as a good player too. Gritty guy that needs to just do what he can do, and not try to do what he cant doo.

no one else on that roster is worth even talking about. they'll be gone sooner than later. being in the ACC is not the place for them now or later. they'll be replaced soon enough.

Athleticism did not cause Stewart to miss his shots last night. It was not like he was not open, sometimes wide open. This was not a case of a poor athlete being so closely guarded he had to force bad shots.

All of the freshmen are finding there way.

Athleticism did not cause Stewart to miss his shots last night. It was not like he was not open, sometimes wide open. This was not a case of a poor athlete being so closely guarded he had to force bad shots.

All of the freshmen are finding there way.
he cant create his shots at all, that is due to athleticism. he will never be able to create his own shot and he is not getting the looks now that he did earlier because we are playing ACC teams. I think he's ok, you get him open, he can hit a few 3s. like I said, a player that every team has, or needs.

These types look a lot better if you have any inside threat that the de crashes down on. We don't have that so there is no need for the defense to double (or even cover at all) our post player so he wont get too many good looks..

he cant create his shots at all, that is due to athleticism. he will never be able to create his own shot and he is not getting the looks now that he did earlier because we are playing ACC teams. I think he's ok, you get him open, he can hit a few 3s. like I said, a player that every team has, or needs.

These types look a lot better if you have any inside threat that the de crashes down on. We don't have that so there is no need for the defense to double (or even cover at all) our post player so he wont get too many good looks..
Stewart had 5 or 6 shots that when you saw where he got the ball and how much space he had, you had to believe were going in. He had open shots (that he did not have to create), they just weren't converted.

In a way. If it brings action from the administration sure that's great. But it certainly hasn't helped at all in football when nobody will come to a game the week after Pitt beats #2 on the road and only show up when Pitt is a 10+ win team. Somewhere there's a fine line between loyal and blind loyalty.
35000-45000 fans is a lot of people.

any sports channel where I can watch pitt on an HD channel, I like. Anything where I don't have to stream something online for my sports content, I like. ESPN sticks with sports, they will be ok. they start pushing the anti white male, social justice liberal snowflake garbage, that's when they get in trouble.
That's on a lot of those weekday talk shows. I hate all that crap. Hate Jamelle whatshername! She turns every sport into BLM. LOL! Never noticed during games. But if they defended the kneelers or attacked them, I don't care either way, because to me it's JUST A TV SHOW. I hate the left.... AND the right!

That's on a lot of those weekday talk shows. I hate all that crap. Hate Jamelle whatshername! She turns every sport into BLM. LOL! Never noticed during games. But if they defended the kneelers or attacked them, I don't care either way, because to me it's JUST A TV SHOW. I hate the left.... AND the right!
That’s what I like about you 79. You don’t waste words or dance around a point. You get right to it.

oh man, you don't see a lot in Carr? I like him. You got to consider the fact not only is he a true freshman but he's surrounded by garbage too. I mean it's not like our past point guards who had reliable players to rely on. if anything, I want Carr to be more aggressive, mainly because there isn't too much else..

Stewart is a 3 point streaky shooter, every team has one, or needs one. Stevenson I see as a good player too. Gritty guy that needs to just do what he can do, and not try to do what he cant doo.

no one else on that roster is worth even talking about. they'll be gone sooner than later. being in the ACC is not the place for them now or later. they'll be replaced soon enough.
He’s a nice combo guard.
He’d be first sub on a good team.
Do i see all- conference?
He’s been flat bad in 8 of 10 acc games- so, no.

He’s a nice combo guard.
He’d be first sub on a good team.
Do i see all- conference?
He’s been flat bad in 8 of 10 acc games- so, no.

So, when Carr is a senior, you see him as a 6th man on a 5 or 6 seed type of NCAAT team?

I think depending on depth, he could fill that role right now.

Showing my age.....he reminds me of the videogame, "Frogger". He is always dribbling, and dribbling and dribbling and he he never gets a clear path to the hoop, most times he is impeded and has to alter, sometimes he gets squashed, more times than I would wish he loses the ball and we have to start over with the next Frogger.

Showing my age.....he reminds me of the videogame, "Frogger". He is always dribbling, and dribbling and dribbling and he he never gets a clear path to the hoop, most times he is impeded and has to alter, sometimes he gets squashed, more times than I would wish he loses the ball and we have to start over with the next Frogger.

guys, look at his team around him. seriously, 1/2 this team sits 23' from the hoop and when they get the ball, they don't even look at the hoop, they just play "hot potato" with it.

he's a legit ACC player surrounded by guys that couldn't score a double-double up at Trees on a wed night against college students.

Marcus Carr will be an all conference caliber player, I’ll guarantee that

Yea and even Brown, I can see growing into his body, becoming more fluid and less robotic and becoming a legitimate major D1 center. Most big guys take time.

I think 5/7 freshmen are pieces of the puzzle, I really do. But you have another lesser-ranked frosh coming in behind them who wont be an instant help. You'd really need to hit it big with the next class

Do I believe your source heard that Enfield told Pitt that? Absolutely.

Do I believe that Enfield was coming if Pitt offered to do that? Absolutely not.

I totally understand this belief.

And really, what does it matter? He's not here now.

I guess they only reason I posted it was to suggest there may be some decent candidates ready to come here at the right price. Or at least there may have been 2 years ago.

I would be very pleased with Davis if he ends up as good as Chris Jones.

Hey that Davis-Graves-Jones comparison was the one that caught me when I first read SMF’s post. I personally like Davis and easily see him being as good as and more likely better than Jones by the time he’s a Jr or Sr. Right now he’s similar to Jones in that he doesn’t look to shoot much. He’s got a good shot when he does take it and also good athleticism.

But the thing that got me was the inference of Graves being decidedly better than Jones. I know Jones was trashed a good bit here but was Graves really markedly better than him. I think of them as similar although the memory of Graves is obviously more distant so maybe not as accurate.

Hey that Davis-Graves-Jones comparison was the one that caught me when I first read SMF’s post. I personally like Davis and easily see him being as good as and more likely better than Jones by the time he’s a Jr or Sr. Right now he’s similar to Jones in that he doesn’t look to shoot much. He’s got a good shot when he does take it and also good athleticism.

But the thing that got me was the inference of Graves being decidedly better than Jones. I know Jones was trashed a good bit here but was Graves really markedly better than him. I think of them as similar although the memory of Graves is obviously more distant so maybe not as accurate.
graves was a terrible player. if graves is markedly better than anyone on this roster, that person needs to transfer down one or two levels immediately.

graves was a terrible player. if graves is markedly better than anyone on this roster, that person needs to transfer down one or two levels immediately.
Graves was a decent player, and is markedly better than the large majority of players on this roster.

Graves was much better than Jones. He's actually had one of the more successful pro careers of H-D era players. He was not a star but an above average shooter, good in transition, and a very good defender.

There's a reason Graves was a 3 year starter and 4 year contributor for some really good teams

Graves would be by far the best player on this roster. And to tell you the truth, I am not sure if ANY of these guys will be as good as Graves. Graves was far from terrible. Far.

Graves would be by far the best player on this roster. And to tell you the truth, I am not sure if ANY of these guys will be as good as Graves. Graves was far from terrible. Far.

Yea there is no doubt. He is still playing professionally albeit at a lower level now having played in some good leagues when he was younger

I think the empty Pete is the biggest thing. 0-18 would be awful, but most ADs would not freak out that badly in the middle of a rebuild. The attendance though in a once intimidating arena is just horrendous. I wouldn't underestimate the crowd at the nc state game maybe being the final nail in the coffin.

Can't really argue against that.

I like going for a couple of reasons, it's Pitt and I support the team because it is my school and I like getting the hell out of the house in winter. But not too many people have agreed with my way of thinking this season.

Reactions: Pittx9
I have gone to two 76ers games and may go to a Cavs game (two or three more NBA games than I go to in most years) because I can't at all get into this team. I actually like watching bad teams rebuild, it can be surprisingly fun. But this team isn't rebuilding yet, it's declining. So blame me partially.

I have gone to two 76ers games and may go to a Cavs game (two or three more NBA games than I go to in most years) because I can't at all get into this team. I actually like watching bad teams rebuild, it can be surprisingly fun. But this team isn't rebuilding yet, it's declining. So blame me partially.

I'm not blaming anyone. I do think the boys deserve a bit more fan support though.

If my memory is correct, I seem to remember Graves being a more confident player than Jones.

I believe Davis might ultimately be as good as Graves and better than Jones.

If my memory is correct, I seem to remember Graves being a more confident player than Jones.

graves was over confident. he took two last possession game winner shots and missed his freshman year when he had no right being on the court. One was against seton hall. probably why I still til to this day, dislike him.

Kham Davis will not be as good as Antonio Graves no way. Jones....doubtful. But I think Davis ultimately either leaves after the coaching change, or is recruited over. Even if he's here next season, Ellison will eat into a lot of his minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT