ADVERTISEMENT

Pegula and Rooney

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
2 AFC owners separated by a few hours. 1 donated $100 million so his alma mater can have a hockey team. The other needs to step it up.

2 AFC owners separated by a few hours. 1 donated $100 million so his alma mater can have a hockey team. The other needs to step it up.
I actually had to look up that AR2 went to Pitt. I honestly didn't know that, which perhaps speaks to your point.

That said, there is no comparison between Pegula's net worth and that of the Rooney family. Pegula is worth more than $5 billion at this point.

Does anyone really have to wonder why Pegula has a lot of money to donate to whatever he wants?

"Pegula eventually sold the Pennsylvania, New York, and Rocky Mountain assets of the company to Royal Dutch Shell for approximately $4.7 billion. He sold the Ohio and West Virginia assets of the company to American Energy Partners for $1.75 billion in 2014."

Reactions: Jeffburgh
The OP has a good point....as well as you.

Perhaps when AR2 takes the Stillers north or south to new digs.....he can help Pitt transition to turning the HF plant into an entity of the University.

Another Joe Paterno moral clone, Dr Timothy Considine of PSU, , produced a research study (funded by the Marcellus Shale Coalition) of Marcellus Gas future benefits and the ramifications of its extraction. This '"research study" was subsequently used by the PA legislature and the federal government to structure legislation covering drilling and regulation. The study was a complete fraud for which the Dean of PSU's Earth and Mineral Sciences School was later required to apologize. This was only after the horse was out of the barn and the Marcellus Coalition members had reaped obscene profits from the sale of their assets.

As has been stated above; Pegula received billions from the sale of his assets and awarded Penn State with the bonus of a $90,000,000 hockey arena for their unethical behavior
Penn State doubled down on its wholesale betrayal of principle and the people of Pennsylvania by accepting the Coalitions financing of a new school within the Earth and Sciences College, The Center for Outreach and Research, staffed by the Coalition's members and functioning as their psuedoscientific apologists.

The University as an academic institution is as much a contemptible disgrace to it's alumni and supporters as is it's athletic department.

Ruiney is a fraud Art2 is a Pitt grad look for ruiney on the donor list. middling donor at best. I love the steelers but believe they milk Pitt. nerdy sold us down the river.
I'd love to hear your ideas of how the Rooneys "milk" pitt..

Remember when discussion centered on the need to build a new stadium for the Pirates or they were likely leaving town. The Rooney's also demanded a new stadium funded by the state, county and the selling of seat licenses.

The Rooney's leverage was greatly enhanced with PITT agreeing to move it's home games to the new facility. They owe us.

Remember when discussion centered on the need to build a new stadium for the Pirates or they were likely leaving town. The Rooney's also demanded a new stadium funded by the state, county and the selling of seat licenses.

The Rooney's leverage was greatly enhanced with PITT agreeing to move it's home games to the new facility. They owe us.
you think pitt football is what tipped the scale huh?

Pitt pays almost nothing to play at Heinz. Temple was paying as much per game as Pitt does for the whole year

Where did you find that number. I have been trying to find out what Pitt pays to rent. I have never seen that amount. Could you please provide a link that shows that amount

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Goadie he is making that up. Pitt pays rent. And Ruiney who paid nothing for that stadium and the gift development rights between the stadiums does nothing financially for Pitt.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
Again resort to personal attack when the substantive facts are contrary to your belief system. ( i.e ) .Ruiney is a god

I don't understand why you spell it 'Ruiney'. What has he ruined? Why not just spell it correctly?

And why is Pitt entitled to donations from wealthy alum? What if nobody in the administration has ever given him a good enough reason to donate? I don't think anyone here knows what Pitt pays to play at Heinz compared to what other schools pay, so what if they pay a fraction of what other schools do because of the Rooneys?

Goadie he is making that up. Pitt pays rent. And Ruiney who paid nothing for that stadium and the gift development rights between the stadiums does nothing financially for Pitt.
they paid nothing? You mean besides the 76 million in construction costs?

Swervin I know you are not that clueless. The Ruiney cost was born by the season ticket holders. The personal seat licenses. I paid for 2. I am actually a fan but please don't pee down my leg and tell me its raining.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
Swervin I know you are not that clueless. The Ruiney cost was born by the season ticket holders. The personal seat licenses. I paid for 2. I am actually a fan but please don't pee down my leg and tell me its raining.
well they did pay. you can question that it wasn't enough or that they'll make it back 6 fold but they did pay. Owners like to make money like the rest of us, this is a profit venture, they aren't in it to appease us sports junkies..

Reactions: Mikefln
Another Joe Paterno moral clone, Dr Timothy Considine of PSU, , produced a research study (funded by the Marcellus Shale Coalition) of Marcellus Gas future benefits and the ramifications of its extraction. This '"research study" was subsequently used by the PA legislature and the federal government to structure legislation covering drilling and regulation. The study was a complete fraud for which the Dean of PSU's Earth and Mineral Sciences School was later required to apologize. This was only after the horse was out of the barn and the Marcellus Coalition members had reaped obscene profits from the sale of their assets.

As has been stated above; Pegula received billions from the sale of his assets and awarded Penn State with the bonus of a $90,000,000 hockey arena for their unethical behavior
Penn State doubled down on its wholesale betrayal of principle and the people of Pennsylvania by accepting the Coalitions financing of a new school within the Earth and Sciences College, The Center for Outreach and Research, staffed by the Coalition's members and functioning as their psuedoscientific apologists.

The University as an academic institution is as much a contemptible disgrace to it's alumni and supporters as is it's athletic department.

I remember this. Made it look like areas that don't have natural gas were swimming in it to draw legislative support.

Some people understand the economic benefits of having a team like the Steelers playing in there city and sometimes the govt has to do what it needs to do to keep them there .
Imagine this , some universities understand the economic benfits of having excellent athletic teams !

Some people understand the economic benefits of having a team like the Steelers playing in there city

If by economic benefit you mean economic benefits for the people that own the teams, then sure. If you mean economic benefit to the people that live in the city, then no. In point of fact pretty much every study done that isn't paid for by the sports leagues and the teams shows that giving money to billionaires doesn't actually help the city at large. I know that comes as a shock to some people, but it it true none the less.

If by economic benefit you mean economic benefits for the people that own the teams, then sure. If you mean economic benefit to the people that live in the city, then no. In point of fact pretty much every study done that isn't paid for by the sports leagues and the teams shows that giving money to billionaires doesn't actually help the city at large. I know that comes as a shock to some people, but it it true none the less.
How do you measure the economic impact on a city like Pgh if the Steelers , Penguins and Pirates would have left the area ? How does it affect current and future business activity in an area ? I think it would make the costs of their stadiums seem like the biggest bargain of all time .
Those studies assume that the monies spent going to those games would simply be spent at other recreational activities in the region . I can't speak for you , but if I don't go to an event and spend a couple hundred bucks I don't look for some other event to spend that money .

Where did you find that number. I have been trying to find out what Pitt pays to rent. I have never seen that amount. Could you please provide a link that shows that amount
It isn’t much however what people neglect is the fact that Rooney’s keep most of the profits from concession sales and parking.

In 2015 PItt paid $908,248 to the Steelers and $604,356 to Stadium Authority in ticket surcharges.

http://www.education.pa.gov/Documen...urgh 2015-2016 Financial Report Volume II.pdf

How do you measure the economic impact on a city like Pgh if the Steelers , Penguins and Pirates would have left the area ? How does it affect current and future business activity in an area ? I think it would make the costs of their stadiums seem like the biggest bargain of all time .
Those studies assume that the monies spent going to those games would simply be spent at other recreational activities in the region . I can't speak for you , but if I don't go to an event and spend a couple hundred bucks I don't look for some other event to spend that money .
The problem with most studies is they make the false assumption that the dollars spent going to the events would not be spent otherwise. That why most of the economic impact studies are worthless. They assume if a fan doesn’t spend $100 going to the Steelers game they are going to spend it in other ways. In reality they are most likely going to spend it other ways. Weather it a trip to the theater, a concert, night out on the town, shopping ect. So yes they do concentrate the spending in a small area at a cost to other areas. So if PA gives $100 million the only economic benefit is money that would have been spent outside of PA which is a tiny percentage of the “economic impact” that they tout.

It isn’t much however what people neglect is the fact that Rooney’s keep most of the profits from concession sales and parking.

In 2015 PItt paid $908,248 to the Steelers and $604,356 to Stadium Authority in ticket surcharges.

http://www.education.pa.gov/Documents/Data and Statistics/Higher Education/Snyder Report/2015-16/University of Pittsburgh 2015-2016 Financial Report Volume II.pdf

Thank you and that's great nitter but the Steelers do not own the stadium

Steelers and penguins leave po

they don't own it but they control it.. small difference.

Heinz Field is owned by the Sports and Exhibition Authority of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County, also known as the SEA. It is a municipal government body that manages all public venues for sports

Heinz Field is owned by the Sports and Exhibition Authority of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County, also known as the SEA. It is a municipal government body that manages all public venues for sports
lol, yes we know.

then don't make it seem like Pitt pays the Rooney's or imply that we do. We don't
I know pitt doesn't pay the steelers, PITT DOESN'T PAY ANYONE. that's the problem..

this is about who controls Heinz. you think the final say on added seats or a new scoreboard or a pitt script at the 50 is decided by the Rev. John Welch or Jill Weimer or do you think the rooneys have that say? Honestly, you think Wayne Fontana wakes up in the morning and decides that they need more seats behind the endzone and gets that ball rolling? Come on now, we all know who calls the shots on Heinz and it isn't some city council member..

I know pitt doesn't pay the steelers, PITT DOESN'T PAY ANYONE. that's the problem..

this is about who controls Heinz.

NOBODY ON THIS BOARD IS IN ANY MEETINGS ON WHO CONTROLS HEINZ FIELD. With that being said we have no clue who says what or how we take advantage of Heinz field. I am not going to argue with you. I will be at Rice and we can discuss it over a beer but I for one am sick of people implying that we have no say at Heinz field

NOBODY ON THIS BOARD IS IN ANY MEETINGS ON WHO CONTROLS HEINZ FIELD. With that being said we have no clue who says what or how we take advantage of Heinz field. I am not going to argue with you. I will be at Rice and we can discuss it over a beer but I for one am sick of people implying that we have no say at Heinz field
well there were some quotes from Narduzzi about trying to get more of a pitt feel. I think our "brand" is there though, I run (OK I jog, ok I sometimes walk) past Heinz every day and there is a lot of big signs hanging from rafters outside. Not the end of the world and not the biggest problem this program has..

No arguments goadie, just debates about irrelevant matters.

then don't make it seem like Pitt pays the Rooney's or imply that we do. We don't
I know it a difficult concept for you to grasp. The SEA owns the stadium. They lease the stadium to PSSI Stadium LLC who is a subsidy of the Steelers who manage the stadium. They sub-lease the the stadium to Pitt. If you go the link I provided you would see Pitt paid $908,248 to PSSI. They also have to pay a ticket surcharge to the SEA that is charged on any event held i. The stadium. You can continue to bury your head in the sand or face reality. Why else would PItt report a $908,248 payment to PSSI from athletics?

PSSI STADIUM LLC
150 GAMMA DRIVE, RIDC PARK
BLAWNOX, PA 15238

I know it a difficult concept for you to grasp. The SEA owns the stadium. They lease the stadium to PSSI Stadium LLC who is a subsidy of the Steelers who manage the stadium. They sub-lease the the stadium to Pitt. If you go the link I provided you would see Pitt paid $908,248 to PSSI. They also have to pay a ticket surcharge to the SEA that is charged on any event held i. The stadium. You can continue to bury your head in the sand or face reality. Why else would PItt report a $908,248 payment to PSSI from athletics?

PSSI STADIUM LLC
150 GAMMA DRIVE, RIDC PARK
BLAWNOX, PA 15238

Listen Nitter I never said that we don't pay rent. As I Stated nobody on this board is involved with any discussions on how Heinz field is run. I am not arguing with a nitter about where my program plays.

You don’t have to be at the meetings. The lease is public record. Just read page 15 of the lease agreement.
http://www.pgh-sea.com/images/SteelersLeaseAgreement.pdf

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT