ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State fan, I come in peace

Or fans like me who live 1000 miles away or prefer to give to other programs within the university's sports umbrella. Still makes me a football fan albeit a disgruntled one. But again, I do really admire those out of town fans who travel in for games of any sort. I personally just dont make the time to fly in anymore. However, I'll fly in for groundbreaking on the new multi purpose center in Oakland if that ever happens. :)
How much are you chipping into this multipurpose facility project?

How much are you chipping into this multipurpose facility project?

Some sizable dollars if I can have some some say in design and function. I'm not 'rich' but its a cause worth donating to me. You wont see me donating thousands for more 8 win seasons but this project would touch my heart, my spirit and other nerve endings.

What in the hell are you talking about! (rhetorically)

Some sizable dollars if I can have some some say in design and function. I'm not 'rich' but its a cause worth donating to me. You wont see me donating thousands for more 8 win seasons but this project would touch my heart, my spirit and other nerve endings.

The reality is no one outside a university's administration is getting any say in the design and function of any facility at any school in America for donations under 7 or 8 figures.

Reactions: pbrad
guy opened up an account and his first post is on a pitt board. that's weird considering penn state fans don't even care about pitt. got to love psu fans coming on our board to remind us that they don't think of us, just in case we forget..

I compare it to me driving by my ex girlfriend's house every night and yelling at her window how much she still needs me, just in case she forgets..

He just had a question and I doubt that it was anything more.

The reality is no one outside a university's administration is getting any say in the design and function of any facility at any school in America for donations under 7 or 8 figures.

well they can kiss my donation goodbye then
stade pierre mauroy all the way

i know my paltry 5 figures wont cut it

but 1000 of my friends at 5 figures and they will listen

u seemed resigned to defeat?

well they can kiss my donation goodbye then
stade pierre mauroy all the way

i know my paltry 5 figures wont cut it

but 1000 of my friends at 5 figures and they will listen

u seemed resigned to defeat?

LOL, no, I just know that Pitt can't rely on people that don't really care about the athletic department to help move it forward.

Uh huh. Like I said.
This is the second time in a couple of days that I've hit the "show ignored content" button only to be reminded that I had put that person on ignore for a reason.

I shouldn't second guess my decision to ignore, and stay away from the "show ignored content" button.

Reactions: PittFanDan17
I think between a new QB, lackluster WRs, and an improved Pitt defense - we can completely shut down their passing game. Hopefully our front seven will hold up against the run game too. I can't see them having much of an offense next season as they struggled last year and offensive recruits are avoiding them like the plague.

I keep reading that PSU expects to have a stingy defense, so I'm not sure what to expect from Pickett & Co. as far as putting points on the board. I think for us to win, keep the game low scoring and produce enough offensively to keep it close down to the end. Pull out a close one like 21-17 or 20-14, something like that.

Reactions: PittFanDan17
Show up w/ 1,000 donors and WE’LL listen...

The thing is, in the grand scheme of a $250 million plus facility, 1,000 $10,000 donors don't really move the needle all that much. If Pitt had that sort of monetary commitment and nothing more the project would not only not get off the ground, no one would even consider moving forward with it.

ONE person offering the equivalent of that might open some eyes. Because then you could go after the other 999 people. But that would only be a start. A small start. Nothing more.

Reactions: pittdan77
Good morning all,

Thanks for your analysis and insight. I hope it is a great game with no injuries. I think this will be closer than everyone is expecting...

Jacobs ESQ

Reactions: Pittski
OP - Have you gone on the other 12 team's sites your team plays this year to wish them well or at least the other teams that visit centre county?

OP - Have you gone on the other 12 team's sites your team plays this year to wish them well or at least the other teams that visit centre county?

Hey, some match ups are more important than others. I’ve totally been on the BWI board inquiring before, I wasn’t looking to “troll”. It’s a fan board talking about football, he’s a fan looking to talk football.

So he set up his account on Monday to reach out to PITT fans about the upcoming game...eh? PITT is the ACC and ups is in the b1g. I would think they would be more interested in conference rivals!

Hey, some match ups are more important than others. I’ve totally been on the BWI board inquiring before, I wasn’t looking to “troll”. It’s a fan board talking about football, he’s a fan looking to talk football.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT