Perspective

DC_Area_Panther

Head Coach
Jul 7, 2001
Clemson 66-62 over Louisville
Clemson 68-63 over Duke
Clemson 76-65 over Miami
Virginia 69-62 over Clemson at Virginia

Why would we be expected to score mulch more than 60 @ Clemson? Or do better than Louusville, Duke and Miami?

There is not much more wrong with this team than the lack of a Gary McGhee or Steve Adams inside wouldn't cure. Maia was an adequate post vs the OOC. He is not an ACC caliber post.

Let's hope we get a 5th year senior quality post or Manigault blows-up. He might be blowing up from what I hear.

Reactions: CJ_Pittfan
Clemson 66-62 over Louisville
Clemson 68-63 over Duke
Clemson 76-65 over Miami
Virginia 69-62 over Clemson at Virginia

Why would we be expected to score mulch more than 60 @ Clemson? Or do better than Louusville, Duke and Miami?

There is not much more wrong with this team than the lack of a Gary McGhee or Steve Adams inside wouldn't cure. Maia was an adequate post vs the OOC. He is not an ACC caliber post.

Let's hope we get a 5th year senior quality post or Manigault blows-up. He might be blowing up from what I hear.
Time to chill.

Reactions: gary2
Not quite sure of what to think about Clemson, given their overall record. I have watched only 1 of their games this year and that was the one against us. If you look at their schedule, it almost appears as if the "light bulb" came on, they figured out that playing defense is the key to their success. I noticed a few "shootout" games where they lost - or almost lost. Doesn't look like Brownell wants his team to forget how to play defense. They looked pretty focused on it (D) for at least 80-85% of the game. We had very few "easy" baskets

We have no guards that can penetrate and a PG that can't do anything and is now turning it over. We need more than McGee or Adams. We need a player like Krauser who is tough and can get to the basket, player that can post up better and get offensive rebounds like Lett or Troutman, a glue guy like Jaron Brown.

But other than adding 4-5 different players at PG, SF, PF, and C that bring things we are not even close to currently getting I fully agree we are really close.

Now I feel more chilled.

Reactions: PittPoker
Oh and if we could just have Coack K or Coach Izzo with this mostly poor talented and soft team assembled by Dixon then we could also chill.

Oh and if we could just have Coack K or Coach Izzo with this mostly poor talented and soft team assembled by Dixon then we could also chill.
You need to post more often - I agree with just about everything you write.

The fundamental problem isn't that we lost it's that we didn't really even show up. Artis and Robinson were putrid. And once again the 5 and 2 produced nothing. I can rationalize away the hole at center but not the game to game complete inconsistency of the guard play, particularly the PG- how many games has this guy started? Chris Jones still comes in and looks like he never played hoops before.

Yes, his posts about better players and better coaching. That's some powerful insight there.
It didn't take much brain power or insight to craft this post. It was a response to the what if scenario if we had Adams or McGhee.

But I would be happy to enlighten you in detail about all of my observations of why this current team, coaching and poor adjustments, and system are not working for a coach many posters think is untouchable.

It didn't take much brain power or insight to craft this post. It was a response to the what if scenario if we had Adams or McGhee.

But I would be happy to enlighten you in detail about all of my observations of why this current team, coaching and poor adjustments, and system are not working for a coach many posters think is untouchable.

Go for it. I'm sure it will be something I've never heard before.

I will work on it. It probably won't be a lot more deep than we read on the boards or on Twitter because the problems are so damn obvious. But I will get a little deeper.

Who wouldn't want 3 or 4 parade AA coming here every year. There's no coach in the entire universe who would come here that could bring in the type of players we'd all like to see. Constantly complaining about it is senseless. I'm not being a defeatist I'm being realistic. If WPa somehow starts producing 5-7 quality D1 players (top 150-200 ) then Pitt would get its share until then or when they start paying for players your not going to get the players you crave.

Who wouldn't want 3 or 4 parade AA coming here every year. There's no coach in the entire universe who would come here that could bring in the type of players we'd all like to see. Constantly complaining about it is senseless. I'm not being a defeatist I'm being realistic. If WPa somehow starts producing 5-7 quality D1 players (top 150-200 ) then Pitt would get its share until then or when they start paying for players your not going to get the players you crave.

Not sure that is true. Presuming Pitt could find the cash, there are a few coaches that could certainly attract the kind of players you mention. One comes to mind that used to be an assistant at Pitt some years ago. So no, there are coaches that can sweet talk the best talent in the nation to play for them...and they have done it for years and years and in many cases, at multiple schools. But I believe the premise that people need to be a little more patient with Dixon is reality. Hail to Pitt!

Not sure that is true. Presuming Pitt could find the cash, there are a few coaches that could certainly attract the kind of players you mention. One comes to mind that used to be an assistant at Pitt some years ago. So no, there are coaches that can sweet talk the best talent in the nation to play for them...and they have done it for years and years and in many cases, at multiple schools. But I believe the premise that people need to be a little more patient with Dixon is reality. Hail to Pitt!
I'm sure if someone ponied up 7-8 million a year they could get a coach elite capable ,but that's not going to happen. When JD retires I'd bet the next coach is an up and comer to save $

I'm sure if someone ponied up 7-8 million a year they could get a coach elite capable ,but that's not going to happen. When JD retires I'd bet the next coach is an up and comer to save $
Retires? If things continue like this within 2 years he'd be pushed out the door.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT