Nov 22, 2015
Koepka
Fowler
Finau
Thomas
Dustin Johnson

Longshot- Speith or Country House

Last edited:
This is the PGA championship, players championship was 3 or 4 weeks ago. Don't count out Tiger or Phil,

It's not the Players Championship. It is the PGA Championship.
Thank you Recruits & CapPitt I've been watching it all day on and off and still called it the Players????????????????
Watched them interview local PGA pros because its the PGA and still titled the thread the Players.
My long shots are still Speith and Country House!
Country House has the same shot as Speith?
Thank you!

Last edited:
Brooks looks like an absolute machine here early... I love the guy. Talk about just a guys guy

I mean, on paper he’s a man’s man... but he’s so insecure. I think he hurts his marketability by getting so butthurt about everything

I like him starting to mouth off and get surly. Golf needs it.

I think Spieth and Rory are very interesting because they’re candid and relatively self aware, but most golfers are boring as hell.

Dustin Johnson got suspended for doing blow and sleeping with other players’ wives and you’d never know he has a personality by listening to his interviews.

I mean, on paper he’s a man’s man... but he’s so insecure. I think he hurts his marketability by getting so butthurt about everything
I like him starting to mouth off and get surly. Golf needs it.

I think Spieth and Rory are very interesting because they’re candid and relatively self aware, but most golfers are boring as hell.

Dustin Johnson got suspended for doing blow and sleeping with other players’ wives and you’d never know he has a personality by listening to his interviews.

I had listening to koepka of a podcast the other day and he had some nice takes on golf in general.... talking about how a lot of stuff bothered him but he just had to shut up and take it because he hadn’t proven himself yet.

Talked about how much he hates slow play and how when he’s at the golf course he’s 100% golf but once he leaves he doesn’t think about it anymore. Just a lot of regularly weekend golf guy thoughts that I enjoyed hearing.

I can never get a read on DJ.... he’s either boring as all hell or an absolute rager. I’m not sure which direction he swings really. I’m sure the coke probably helped

Brooks Koepka

He's a women's man.Haha.

He can play some golf too.

Really easy to look at.Haha.

Golf needs a player like Brooks.

"save a horse ride a cowboy"
Signed : Mrs Buffett
Go CSU Rams & PITT Panthers

Reactions: Chaos
New Yorker's. All the yelling - this is more like Waste Management than the PGA. It annoys me.

Brooks looks like an absolute machine here early... I love the guy. Talk about just a guys guy
BBUv3YE.img

Yep. Exactly. Why does being a "New Yorker" gives fans an excuse to act like jackasses?
One of things I love about watching golf (besides the fact that I like the sport) is its calmness. There is still all the inherent excitement, but its civility is generally refreshing. I hate all the whooping it up and yelling from the gallery before/after every shot.

Reactions: pbrad and FireballZ
We’ll see if anyone can make a run Saturday to give Koepka a challenge. But even if not, it’s still enjoyable watching the impressive golf Koepka is throwing out there.

Reactions: pitt-girl
Brooks and Dustin. Haha.

What an afternoon.

"save a horse ride a cowboy"
Signed: Mrs Buffett
Go CSU Rams & PITT Panthers

And regardless of origins/privilege there’s not a guy who’s ever played at that level that hasn’t worked hard for it. Even if they only made it for a year. There’s usually only around 250 guys a year who get a start at a PGA event. Every one has worked their tail off.
No doubt about it with the work. Nothing against the Koepka's, Spieths, etc., i like those guys and they are the face of golf today-- but I root harder for the guys who had to overcome longer odds versus the ones who had every advantage and grew up spending all summer taking lessons from the pro and playing all summer at daddy's club. I root harder for the guy who had to deliver newspapers and work in the back of the club grill room all summer as a kid.

Nothing compelling about Koepka outside of his stellar combo of power and finesse--he's an automaton without a lot of personality. That said he's a perfectly decent guy and a worthy champion. Just kinda blah.

No doubt about it with the work. Nothing against the Koepka's, Spieths, etc., i like those guys and they are the face of golf today-- but I root harder for the guys who had to overcome longer odds versus the ones who had every advantage and grew up spending all summer taking lessons from the pro and playing all summer at daddy's club. I root harder for the guy who had to deliver newspapers and work in the back of the club grill room all summer as a kid.

Nothing compelling about Koepka outside of his stellar combo of power and finesse--he's an automaton without a lot of personality. That said he's a perfectly decent guy and a worthy champion. Just kinda blah.
he's an automaton without a lot of personality....as opposed to Speith? Dustin Johnson? Funny, the press runs with this guy lacking "personality" and everyone parrots it...Seems like most other golfers on the tour to me and I don't get it.

he's an automaton without a lot of personality....as opposed to Speith? Dustin Johnson? Funny, the press runs with this guy lacking "personality" and everyone parrots it...Seems like most other golfers on the tour to me and I don't get it.
Speith has a lot of personality on the course - Dustin, agree, not so much.

To survive tournament golf you need to be able to stay flat lined with your emotions. If not, they just lose it.

Speith has a lot of personality on the course - Dustin, agree, not so much.

To survive tournament golf you need to be able to stay flat lined with your emotions. If not, they just lose it.
Yeah Koepka and DJ are very similar. Not real quotable or emotional. Also the two golfers likely who can kick everyone else's asses on tour. Both look like they could be MLB starting pitchers or Koepka's case a TE or LB, DJ a QB. They are just great athletes.

Speith, he seems to have lost weight, hell he even looks younger. The field is so much stronger now than when Tiger was dominating, but still it lacks a dominant personality.

No I'd say the same about those guys. Spieth is a lot more engaging and personable in an 8intervew, but generally the personalities of all 3 of those guys are pretty vanilla.

FWIW, I formed my conclusion with my own two eyes, not from any media accounts. In fact, I've never read anything about Koepka lacking personality. My opinion comes from watching him play golf and give interviews. The guy almost never even cracks a smile.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT