ADVERTISEMENT

Pickett vs Young, Stroud, Levis, Richardson

Pickett at #20 looks like a good pick considering what will likely be available this year at #17. But I'd still trade him in a heartbeat to have Young. Although small, the dude is super talented. He might end up being a top 5 quarterback - something I don't think Pickett will ever be. And if it doesn't work out, well, you just go back to the drawing board.

If the Colts or Texans had the #1 pick, for instance, I don't think either would trade it in exchange for Kenny Pickett.
I can't say for sure if Young is better or not. I don't know the position well enough. I was just looking at it from a draft value perspective. Steelers wouldn't have had a shot at Young so it's probably not really an either/or question in that regard.

And I don't think you have to have a top 5 guy to win in the NFL. Never hurts, of course, but I'd be thrilled if he was top 10 and could win a couple championships.

I can't say for sure if Young is better or not. I don't know the position well enough. I was just looking at it from a draft value perspective. Steelers wouldn't have had a shot at Young so it's probably not really an either/or question in that regard.

And I don't think you have to have a top 5 guy to win in the NFL. Never hurts, of course, but I'd be thrilled if he was top 10 and could win a couple championships.

Oh we definitely wouldn't have had a shot at Young; I'm just talking in hypotheticals. As it stands, Pickett in 2021 looks like a pretty good pick compared to what would have been available where we're drafting this year.

Reactions: pittdan77
Oh we definitely wouldn't have had a shot at Young; I'm just talking in hypotheticals. As it stands, Pickett in 2021 looks like a pretty good pick compared to what would have been available where we're drafting this year.
I was even looking at if the Steelers would have been worse. Possible they're not even looking if the record was the same. They could have won five games and still be behind several teams that absolutely need a QB.

Maybe, maybe not. But you just replace him if he isn't. I'm way more concerned about Pickett becoming Daltonesque.
I hope he gets that good, I need to see WAY BIGGER NUMBERS from him like 4000+ yards 25+ TDs minimum. I'm hoping his numbers where low last year because they didn't let him play for the TDs and risk the throws downfield.

I was even looking at if the Steelers would have been worse. Possible they're not even looking if the record was the same. They could have won five games and still be behind several teams that absolutely need a QB.

Ever wonder whether they draft Kenny if Haskins is still around?

Ever wonder whether they draft Kenny if Haskins is still around?

I would think so. Trubisky was a more highly sought after commodity than Haskins, and they still drafted Pickett in spite of that. I think they wouldn't have taken that dude in the 7th round if Haskins was still around, but I don't think it affected the Pickett decision much.

Haskins died after they signed Trubisky, I think he was visiting Trubisky and other Steelers in Florida when he died.
You’re right. I forgot about that. I still think they would have drafted Pickett. Maybe Rudolph would have been traded or released.

All projected as Top 10 in different mocks. Would any of you take any of them over Pickett straight up? I wouldnt. The OSU dude has no chance. Their QBs suck. Young's success was due to elite talent around him. And Levis and Richardson arent good. The Steelers are lucky they got their QB last year.
Young is the only one I would even contemplate.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT