ADVERTISEMENT

PITT 2019 Home Game Dates

BuffetParrothead

Heisman Winner
Nov 22, 2015
I go through this exercise every year at this time.

I'm in the process of booking hotels for PITT home games.

Mrs Buffett and I only consider Northshore hotels which limits the pool of available rooms.

I book the home games that have been published that's easy.

I book all remaining Saturday's in the football season which is a giant pain in the a-s. So far the hotel we like will only let me book rooms out until somewhere in late October although I'm about to call to see how far I can go out.

When I get the "official" schedule I call again and cancel unwanted days and book mid week home game dates.

Is there a way to rule out certain Saturday's.
For example if a home game was on Sat 10/xx/18, against lets say xx ACC opponent, will PITT play the same ACC opponent away on that weekend in 2019? If so I can rule out some weekends. Or is the scheduling random?

Any advise will be appreciated!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Reactions: CCvNYC
I go through this exercise every year at this time.

I'm in the process of booking hotels for PITT home games.

Mrs Buffett and I only consider Northshore hotels which limits the pool of available rooms.

I book the home games that have been published that's easy.

I book all remaining Saturday's in the football season which is a giant pain in the a-s. So far the hotel we like will only let me book rooms out until somewhere in late October although I'm about to call to see how far I can go out.

When I get the "official" schedule I call again and cancel unwanted days and book mid week home game dates.

Is there a way to rule out certain Saturday's.
For example if a home game was on Sat 10/xx/18, against lets say xx ACC opponent, will PITT play the same ACC opponent away on that weekend in 2019? If so I can rule out some weekends. Or is the scheduling random?

Any advise will be appreciated!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Here is some advice for you and mrs Chowderhead.

1) get out your flip phone, call your grandchild to come over

2) while sitting at your IBM PC, circa 1981, ask your grandchild to help with your hotel searching.

3) Listen carefully, as he / she will tell you to forget hotels and search AIR BNB

4) Dont question his words, although it will sound like a foreign language

5) Dont limit yourself to the North Shore. You may find a terrific condo on Grandview Avenue or maybe downtown.

6) remember to bore us to tears with tales of you and Mrs Chowderhead, and this "really neat thing called AIR BNB".

Reactions: H2P 4 EVER 17
I wouldn't stay in an air bnb if your life depended in it.
Air bnb complete with bed bugs.
I dont want to stay in someone's house, we like the party atmosphere of an expensive hotel, lots of Pitt and opposing fans, parties in the rooms before and after the games, sitting around the firepit,consuming our favorite adult beverages,tailgates in the hotel parking lot,etc.
The hotel is 100 yards from our favorite places.

My question wasn't about where to was about how game scheduling works.
Northshore is it!
Signed:
Mr & Mrs Chowderhead

Last edited:
air bnb? Is that staying at someone's house? LOL, who in the F does that? I've done the old fashioned B and B once and I wanted to kill myself sitting at the breakfast table with some old lady and a foreign couple. I paid money to eat at a stranger's kitchen table at 8am in the morning. money wasted.. if I wanted to share a bathroom with 4 other people and eat food I didn't want at a time I normally don't eat, i'd have never moved out of my parents house..

do what normal people do, get a hotel when you travel, make sure its within walking distance of bars, check in, go get drunk, eat at restaurant and don't bother some stranger in a weird house..

air bnb, why not just splurge and do a hostel for 8 bucks a night.. some great deals in Arlington, you and the wife can get the 2nd night free if you are cool sharing a bed with 2 heroine addicts and you bring your own toilet paper..

Last edited:
air bnb? Is that staying at someone's house? LOL, who in the F does that? I've done the old fashioned B and B once and I wanted to kill myself sitting at the breakfast table with some old lady and a foreign couple. I paid money to eat at a stranger's kitchen table at 8am in the morning. money wasted.. if I wanted to share a bathroom with 4 other people and eat food I didn't want at a time I normally don't eat, i'd have never moved out of my parents house..

do what normal people do, get a hotel when you travel, make sure its within walking distance of bars, check in, go get drunk, eat at restaurant and don't bother some stranger in a weird house..
The air bnb we got for the championship game was 80 dollars per person for the entire weekend, and the place was as nice as any hotel I've stayed in recently. We had the entire 4 bedroom house, which was recently updated and is used only for rentals. If you take 5 minutes to research a place before booking, you find an incredible deal, especially for groups. The idea that you are forced to share a place with strangers, even the owner, is just flat out wrong.

Reactions: jctrack

air bnb, why not just splurge and do a hostel for 8 bucks a night.. some great deals in Arlington, you and the wife can get the 2nd night free if you are cool sharing a bed with 2 heroine addicts and you bring your own toilet paper..
Right on, right on,right on!

Airbnb – the Good, the Bad and the Bedbugs -

The next time I stay and pay at someone's home, share a bathroom, sit at a dinner table with people I don't know and eat food I can't select from a large menu is NEVER!

We have friends who did the AIr BnB thing and got bedbugs in their luggage and clothing which cost them a ton to get rid of the insects!

Foreigners like that when they come to the US because it's cheap ( they don't make a lot) and sharing bathrooms, and eating with strangers in Europe is common.

Last edited:
Acrimony aside, I share your frustration. Anyone who has to schedule a wedding, reunion, or some type of event probably agrees. October 2019 might seem like a long ways off, but in terms of event planning that isn't crazy. I am in charge of organizing a function this fall for a charitable organization for which I volunteer. It would be nice to schedule it on a non-home game Saturday.

Reactions: Nashville Panther
I take it North Shore Hotels are all Republican owned and only show Fox News on their lobby televisions.

As for AirBNBs, there is nothing quite like sleeping naked in someone else's bed.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead

If u r stupid enough to take a BNB that had other people in it then you get what u deserve.

Every time I have used BNB it has been the entire home or condo all to ourselves and far surpasses the noise and uncleanliness of a hotel

Reactions: ronturner

Years ago, we stayed a night in a dorm room Edinburgh University (the one in Scotland). They rent them out to tourists in the summer. Kinda like a pre-AirBNB. The reason I bring it up is the furniture, room layout, and size was a mirror image to Lothrop Hall. It was freaky.

Never stayed in an AirBNB but I would just not the kind where you rent a room in some people's house while they are there. If they aren't there and the price/location are right, I definitely would.

Acrimony aside, I share your frustration. Anyone who has to schedule a wedding, reunion, or some type of event probably agrees. October 2019 might seem like a long ways off, but in terms of event planning that isn't crazy. I am in charge of organizing a function this fall for a charitable organization for which I volunteer. It would be nice to schedule it on a non-home game Saturday.
Rooms for football home games are similar.
If you don't book Northshore rooms now, you don't get them, or if you do g the rates double.
A big problem is if the Steelers Sunday game is on the same weekend as the PITT Sat game.
If u r stupid enough to take a BNB that had other people in it then you get what u deserve.

Every time I have used BNB it has been the entire home or condo all to ourselves and far surpasses the noise and uncleanliness of a hotel
Some people like to be around other people, enjoy the interaction with others, fun, and the noise of a hotel especially one of the Northshore properties which are close to Heinz, PNC Park, and all the Northshore fun.

When we go out we like to be with other people or be close ( walking distance) to places where people hang out to have fun.

Air bnb seems like a traveling home away from home.
When you go away you go away to get away from home and do something different.
No transportation hassles, and you can access your room easily throughout the weekend.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
I'd not do the Airbnb, or hostels or hospices or whatever called, or the #Occupy tents, or sleeping bags in the wilderness, such that the CNN crowd prefer. Not my thing, but I'm thankful they do, as it lowers occupancy and rates at legit hotels (which of course are better :D)

Reactions: BuffetParrothead

Is the Edison still open, or did they tear that Land Mark down. Christy Canyon Melanie Lopes might be there the weekend of a Pitt game

I didn't realize that you got your bed buds included in the deal. They ought to publicize that more. Would probably get a pretty good response.

Of course the local vice squad might not think so.
I just got that one, good catch, and it was corrected.
But a room including bed buds would be a great deal, even a better deal before I was married, and yes Vice would be interested in deals like that. Maybe?

It is Out of the "Box" thinking as it's usually a la carte order off the menu.

I stayed at a b&b once. Wasn’t my choice. In fact it was a surprise trip all I had to do was pack a bag.

That number will never move from once. If I ever find myself being dragged into a b&b I’ll climb on the roof and jump if that’s my only escape.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
The air bnb we got for the championship game was 80 dollars per person for the entire weekend, and the place was as nice as any hotel I've stayed in recently. We had the entire 4 bedroom house, which was recently updated and is used only for rentals. If you take 5 minutes to research a place before booking, you find an incredible deal, especially for groups. The idea that you are forced to share a place with strangers, even the owner, is just flat out wrong.
I have used AirBnB many times, typically try to get a whole house or condo. I have on occasion stayed at houses that have an attached apt. I really enjoy it and if you don't want to talk to the hosts, you don't have to. I rather enjoy meeting new people. Stayed at a place near Sequoia National Forest once. It was a retired cinematographer from Hollywood. He had won multiple Emmy's and Grammy's for his work. He was so down to earth. He gave us great local tips that I would not have gotten otherwise. Another time, stayed in Madison, WI. I asked the 70yr old female host if it was okay to smoke a cigar on the separate deck. Her response was "did you bring any weed?" She said she does not smoke in the house so she sits in her car in the garage and smokes her week. She was a hoot. It is a unique experience, just not for everyone.

I stayed at a b&b once. Wasn’t my choice. In fact it was a surprise trip all I had to do was pack a bag.

That number will never move from once. If I ever find myself being dragged into a b&b I’ll climb on the roof and jump if that’s my only escape.
Those still doubting this, need to find and rewatch this Seinfeld episode (script link below; no YouTube, probably need Hulu for that).

http://www.seinfeldscripts.com/TheStockTip.htm

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT