ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt +28.5

I think the only reason why that might be a good bet would be because after the game from last week we are unlikely to get anything even remotely approaching Duke's best shot.
Sagarin point differential is about 24.5. I based the prop bets on that.

Anyone who goes anywhere near this on either side is certifiably insane. I would never trust this Pitt team to cover any spread against an ACC team. On the other hand, no way in hell I would ever give 28 1/2.

Pitt has the potential to lose by 10, and Pitt has the potential to lose by 40. The only way it's closeer than the spread is if Duke plays their bench for most of the second half. This isn't going to be pretty.

Sadly most books (at least in Vegas) will never even offer a money line on spreads that high.

Vegas Insider says that the only place that has it is South Point, and they have it Duke -45000, Pitt +15000.

For those who don't know what those numbers mean, that means if you bet $100 on Pitt and they win you get $15,000, and if you bet $45,000 on Duke and they win you get $100.

Vegas Insider says that the only place that has it is South Point, and they have it Duke -45000, Pitt +15000.

For those who don't know what those numbers mean, that means if you bet $100 on Pitt and they win you get $15,000, and if you bet $45,000 on Duke and they win you get $100.

Unsurprising, the guy that runs the book there will do anything for an extra buck, hoping a couple degenerates toss a few bucks on Pitt trying to hit the lottery.

Pitt got embarrassed again, and apathy has set in. The only silver lining is hopefully we are 1 day closer to Stallings being let go.

Isn't Stallings supposed to be an offensive genius? We scored 54 freakin' points! We had 7 lousy assists!! And we turned the ball over at the worst times, Duke gets 24 points off of our turnovers and 18 second chance points, and we were outrebounded once again. We can't play defense and we aren't progressing, we're regressing.

We don't have ACC talent, we don't have the coaching and we aren't getting any recruits that will be ACC level players.

So where are those who say we're going to win even 3 or 4 league games? Looking at the schedule, we'll be double digit underdogs to every team we face the rest of the year. This whole program is in a very sad and desperate situation right now and no help is in sight. I'm not blaming the kids. They were given scholarships to play here and they're trying, although they lack talent. I feel bad for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT