ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt baseball leaves Florida with a 3-1 record

I will take it. I remember us faltering in the BEast Tournet late in our membership. The move to the ACC hurt baseball.

Need all the wins we can get outside the ACC.

Reactions: California Panther
Almost came back to win vs St Louis too. A good start to the season.

Year after year, Pitt seems to skid out of the gate and drop winnable games in the early season that come back and haunt them at the end, so this is an encouraging start.

Next up was the Spartans of University of South Carolina Upstate and we just beat them on their home field, 3-1, Panthers now with a 5-1 record, play old BE rival Seton Hall later tonight.

The transfer from Vanderbilt hit a home run for Pitt's first run, then hit a two run homer with two outs in the top of the ninth to win the game.

I think the reason we falter in some of these early season games is the same reason we falter in midweek games during the ACC season: Lack of pitching depth. Jordan’s usually has one or two quality starters; occasionally three; never four. And the depth in the bullpen always is lacking.

This season, it looks like he has more good arms than normal. But, that could just be to the weak quality of the opposition.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT