ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Class Climbing

PN has done a good job increasing the quality and quality depth of his roster. If you look at the recruiting overall, the vast majority of recruits are in the top 1000. Which means they are legit P5 kids with multiple P5 offers. It's at the point where they have an opportunity for sustainable success.

Something I said 2 years ago was- the only missing element was that breakthrough season. Half of the problem was Pitt's absurd OOC scheduling.

So that now they have the foundation and the breakthrough year- I think everyone should expect a bit of a bump in the overall quality of recruits. The tough part now imo is adding better quality while maintaining the culture which got them here.

2 years from now, I think it's reasonable to expect Pitt's overall talent composite to move from the current lower 30s range into the top 25ish range.
Maintaining the culture. Good point. But culture and family have been the visitors’ consistent comments when asked. Look for more portal activity in the future with higher rated recruits, however.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT