ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt/Cuse game thread

1st series on 3rd down Watson , yet again, goes to a Canada play of last year. It seems like he constantly attempts to rely upon everything from last year. Who did not know that the inside pass was coming.

H2 PITT !!!

Reactions: bobfree
3rd and 1..no push and Hall does down easy. Tough to call plays when you can't run the ball for 2 yards in two plays and your receivers can not catch balls.

Reactions: PittPanther44
Offensive line had no push on the play, can't blame the running back for that one.

What gets me is PSU's defense looks really good (I know, they haven't had the greatest competition, but still) and we seemed to have had success running the Ball and controlling clock against them.

Not that it did us any good in that game, but it certainly would've against GT. And in this one, nice to see the D forcing punts, but I feel like we won't be able to keep counting on that happening.

I really think the play calling is too blame. If your line is struggling run something that helps them out in short distance like misdirection or screen pass mismatch

Reactions: bobfree
I guess they have to be petrified of Davis or Sibley fumbling if they can't break this bad lineup of backs

Gee I thought we fixed everything that was wrong with the O last Saturday.

What a joke.

Coaches are not doing the players any favors by rotating OL constantly. Not even giving the chance for consistency. We're this far into the season and the coaches cannot make up their minds.

I really think the play calling is too blame. If your line is struggling run something that helps them out in short distance like misdirection or screen pass mismatch

Somebody questioned me when i said the Cuse is not very good...

Two bad teams are battling it out.

Basically a dropped TD and a dropped first down catch. Not sure what is bad about the play calls

It also doesn't help when on third down your receiver runs a crossing route one yard short of the sticks.

What does help is when Syracuse puts 12 men on the field on defense on fourth down.

a 2 yard crossing route on 3rd and 3? Only a Pitt wideout would do something so inept.
Because the coaches know our O-line is terrible and Browne has no time to be in the pocket unless we play Rice every game. What a shock cause our recruiting had been so stellar don't you know?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT