ADVERTISEMENT

Cuse Game @ Syracuse & Other Dribbles ...

There is something called due process. You can look up the definition, but it is a process that takes time. Pitt did nothing but follow it, I am sure.

The plea deal was reached in October and everyone at Pitt knew what he was getting. His actual court decision was made in December. He was reinstated with the basketball team in December. That decision was not only approved by Jeff Capel, but also Heather Lyke and anyone else involved to reinstate him to the basketball program. The irony of this is, none of this had anything to do with me and making the decision to allow him back on the basketball team to practice, workout, bond with his teammates, and fly across the ocean on a field trip to Spain to play basketball.

He was kicked out of college in late August, literally right when the fall semester starts. The whole process was a complete joke and utter failure by everyone at Pitt that made that decision and took that long to do so. They knew what Dior did, knew what the plea deal was, knew the final results and the requirements Dior had to complete after the plea deal was made. It took Pitt almost a year to toss the kid to the curb after reinstating him and after the plea deal was done and over with.

And if you think Im a bad person because Pitt sat on its ass for a year after choosing to reinstate him to the team, then so be it.

No, its your support of having women beaters represent your team that is a bad look, it has nothing to do with Pitt.

I support women beaters? LOL, I support Pitt and the decision Pitt makes and was fine with Dior being kicked off the team right after the incident happened AND after court case was closed in December. That could have been from October when the plea deal was reached and I would have accepted him being kicked out all the way through lets say the end of March which is 6 dam months.

Linking in article to an "opinion" piece means nothing in court. What a woman says is opinion and only 1 persons opinion and one persons story. That woman could have been drunk and doped up for all we know. In court, facts get separated from opinions and the charges to Dior followed. Everyone at Pitt knew the facts when they chose to reinstate him, including our own athletic director who is a WOMAN.

Jeff Capel could have recruited another player to replace Dior if this was all over with by the end of March. Fine, done and over with. Nope. Pitt decides to wait until the week school starts in August to throw him out and bury Jeff Capel's ability to find a suitable replacement player. THAT is my major problem in this.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
There is something called due process. You can look up the definition, but it is a process that takes time. Pitt did nothing but follow it, I am sure.

You're wrong. You can kick a player off the team for being late to practice. Pitt had absolutely no duty to re-admit Dior while "due process" took place. He was 100% back on the team, in school, serving a season suspension. The new admin reopened this case.

You're wrong. You can kick a player off the team for being late to practice. Pitt had absolutely no duty to re-admit Dior while "due process" took place. He was 100% back on the team, in school, serving a season suspension. The new admin reopened this case.

Pitt loves making bonehead moves. I mean, just look at the circus Pitt put on by allowing Scott Barnes to use a search firm only to hire his well connected buddy Kevin Stallings who was well on his way to being fired at Vanderbilt. That was one of the biggest clustersucks in college basketball history. Not only for all the money lit on fire and wasted, but to make the basketball program the biggest laughing stock in college basketball after Jamie Dixon left. And there are people that were trying to defend this bullshit that took place like Pitt did everything right in the coach search process.

Ill never forget the first question in that presser when the reporter looked Barnes right in the eye and demanded he come out in full detail of how this whole thing happened with Stallings. It was so disgustingly sad it had to be laughed at. And some people that support Pitt actually said it was ok, like the people at Pitt can do zero wrong. Give me a break with that bs nonsense.

Pitt decides to wait until the week school starts in August to throw him out and bury Jeff Capel's ability to find a suitable replacement player.
I wonder if Jeff Capel was bothered by it? I do not recall any comments he made negatively about the timing of it all.

Pleading guilty in court does.

Im going to end this little quibble with you.

1) Dior was officially charged and pled guilty to simple assault and strangulation. He was not charged with battery. Under PA state law, simple assault is defined as either attempting to hurt someone or actually hurting someone. We dont even know what Dior did, but you called him a woman beater. An attempt to hurt someone could be a threat or a simple push. You are assuming he put her in a choke hold and started hitting her like a UFC fighter. That isn't the definition of simple assault. He was charged with a misdemeanor, not a felony.

2) Dior was charged with strangulation. Under PA state law, strangulation is charged by impeding the breathing of someone. That means, if I push you really hard and you fall down and cant breath, I can be charged with strangulation. It does not necessarily mean that I grab you by the neck to try to make you unconscious like a UFC fighter. There are 3 stages of strangulation in PA. The first 2 are Felony and very serious, like, grabbing someone by the neck with the intent to harm really badly or kill. The 3rd is far less serious and a misdemeanor. He was charged with a misdemeanor.

We all know Dior is guilty here. However, you are making heavy assumptions about what he did to this girl and how he did it. By using the PA state definitions and going on an attorneys webpage which is literally what I did when this whole thing happened, I learned more about the types of charges and what he was possibly up against. Understand this, Im not defending his actions. Im only looking for the facts. He was for sure guilty, but for the Pitt athletic director to give the green light to let him back on the team, she obviously knew the facts and obviously thought they were no where near as bad as what was originally reported.

Last edited:
I support women beaters? LOL, I support Pitt and the decision Pitt makes and was fine with Dior being kicked off the team right after the incident happened AND after court case was closed in December. That could have been from October when the plea deal was reached and I would have accepted him being kicked out all the way through lets say the end of March which is 6 dam months.

Linking in article to an "opinion" piece means nothing in court. What a woman says is opinion and only 1 persons opinion and one persons story. That woman could have been drunk and doped up for all we know. In court, facts get separated from opinions and the charges to Dior followed. Everyone at Pitt knew the facts when they chose to reinstate him, including our own athletic director who is a WOMAN.

Jeff Capel could have recruited another player to replace Dior if this was all over with by the end of March. Fine, done and over with. Nope. Pitt decides to wait until the week school starts in August to throw him out and bury Jeff Capel's ability to find a suitable replacement player. THAT is my major problem in this.
So you’re gonna excuse no NCAA this year that a middling PG who could never stay in one place and hit a woman was kicked out. This is sad. He doesn’t solve any of their problems.

Reactions: rockypanther
Im going to end this little quibble with you.
Understood.
The AD is only interested in wins for the basketball coach whatever it takes, thieves, drunks, etc do not matter, she does not want this long term deal she is responsible for to be an issue.

Understood.
The AD is only interested in wins for the basketball coach whatever it takes, thieves, drunks, etc do not matter, she does not want this long term deal she is responsible for to be an issue.

If this was a crooked piece of shit AD like Scott Barnes that would want to cover something up or steal money etc.., then I would say your argument holds a lot more water and I would potentially side with what you are saying.

However, the current Pitt athletic director who is a woman leads multiple summits year round on both assault and sexual assault on college campuses, ways to prevent such things and how to deal with such things. She speaks out at significant gatherings talking about these things. So I trust that Lyke made a solid decision based on facts and not worrying about basketball wins.

Was he kicked off the team or kicked out of school. Are you 13 years old you nitwit.

What are you talking about? Dior Johnson was a full-time Pitt student and member of the basketball team for the spring and summer semesters. He was back in school and on the team. The notion that he was only back in school and on the team pending due process is moronic. As I said, Capel can dismiss a player for being late. No due process needed. In fact, soccer coach Jay Vidovich has kicked off several players in-season for nothing more than bad attitudes. The new administration kicked him off. I am sorry if this hurts your feeling but it is the truth. If you want to blame Capel and Lyke and Gallagher for allowing him back, that is fine. But the new administration corrected the "mistake"

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
What are you talking about?
You are incapable of understanding due process, you cannot understand that a person has a right to reviews, etc. as a student in this case. The process takes time, you can not have it both ways, immediate decision and review of the case etc. Sure you can be kicked off the team immediately, but that is up to Capel/Lyke and they have fairly lower standards for players.

You expect Capel to badmouth the new administration publicly?
Others do it when they have the moral high ground to do so.

I wonder if he gets the feeling they really don't like the way he is running the ship, I mean to wait until the beginning of the season to pull a player? It does not seem like he would feel they are in support of him.

You are incapable of understanding due process, you cannot understand that a person has a right to reviews, etc. as a student in this case. The process takes time, you can not have it both ways, immediate decision and review of the case etc. Sure you can be kicked off the team immediately, but that is up to Capel/Lyke and they have fairly lower standards for players.

THERE IS NO DUE PROCESS FOR BEING KICKED OFF A BASKETBALL TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you not understand this? Capel can kick off anyone he wants for any reason he wants. As I said before, Jay Vidovich doesn't put up with anything and has kicked off star players mid-season for bad attitudes. They didnt get to continue playing on the team until due process was complete.

The fact is that Dior was NOT kicked off the team. He was a full member of the team serving a season suspension from game participation. You do not get due process to remain a member of the team. If it was Dior's dream to be a Pitt student without basketball, your theory may hold some weight but he remained on the basketball team and even scared away potential transfers like Noah Thomasson according to a respected poster here who knows Thomasson's dad.

Agreed. But he did not so the school officials had to get involved, hence the due process. The school got it right.

So you are saying that Heather and/or Gallagher didnt want him back on the team so it was them who filed the Title IX complaint to get him kicked out of school? Or did the victim file the Title IX complaint? I dont believe the victim filed it because she is from Texas and I dont think she cares if he goes to college in Pennsylvania. Ironically, now he is back in Texas which would not be something she wanted.

No. Heather is fully on the side of Capel, she wants the team to really do well,she wants the unwarranted contract extension to be a success.

Ok. So Gallagher wanted him gone and that's why a Title IX complaint was filed? Gallagher had the previous Title IX coordinator file the complaint?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT