ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Football 2pm/Game Thread

Yep. Not many suckers out there a stupid enough to fall for this for more than 2-3 years. This program is dead. This game and Clemson bashing our brains in might be the best we'll see for quite some time.

This is why Heinz Field is always empty. Who in their right mind other than we complete morons who follow Pitt year in and year out would want to waste time and money to witness this? I go to every home game, and i would love to go to a bowl game to watch. But money is kind of tight and i cannot justify spending money on a flight, a hotel room, a ticket, food, and any other expense just to watch 3 hours of this. If that makes me a bad Pitt fan, so be it.
If im going to spend that kind of money, it will be when Pitt makes the playoffs.

I didn't watch much of the game, mainly because I was busy with other stuff and it's just an exhibition game. But what I saw shows how poorly coached we are and how we lack talent in the skill positions. I have to agree with ncyajleel. Other than us idiots who follow Pitt no matter what, Heinz Field is and will continue to be empty if this is what we have to watch year in and year out. And now that my retirement is near, I'm not wasting money on Pitt like I used to. It's not worth my money or time. Basketball is looking up and I'll enjoy a few games there. But football is mediocre, frustrating and has been like that for 30+ years. Nothing I see now says that will change in the next 5 - 10 years. That's unfortunate because Pitt was once a pretty good football program.

It was those ten damn years during the 70's and 80's that got me hooked. Now im like a junky. I just cant quit this habit! I feel like i just came off a high and im ashamed and disgusted at myself for what ive done!
I didn't watch much of the game, mainly because I was busy with other stuff and it's just an exhibition game. But what I saw shows how poorly coached we are and how we lack talent in the skill positions. I have to agree with ncyajleel. Other than us idiots who follow Pitt no matter what, Heinz Field is and will continue to be empty if this is what we have to watch year in and year out. And now that my retirement is near, I'm not wasting money on Pitt like I used to. It's not worth my money or time. Basketball is looking up and I'll enjoy a few games there. But football is mediocre, frustrating and has been like that for 30+ years. Nothing I see now says that will change in the next 5 - 10 years. That's unfortunate because Pitt was once a pretty good football program.

It was those ten damn years during the 70's and 80's that got me hooked. Now im like a junky. I just cant quit this habit! I feel like i just came off a high and im ashamed and disgusted at myself for what ive done!

I'm with you, brother. I know exactly how you feel

I used to have season tickets when I lived in Charlotte and drove up on the weekends. Thankfully moving to the middle of the country ended that torture.

Reactions: JJTopp99
I can’t wait to hear about how the players didn’t execute the plays that were there. If this was going to be the way things were going to be why didn’t we just keep Wannstedt?

I do think if Ollison does not get hurt we win. Hall and Ollison would have combined for close to 300.

I would love to agree with you. Those 2 and the OL with Aston had the talent to do that. But Watson would still have shoved Pickette down our throats like he did in all but 4 games this year. Seriously that should have been the game plan every game those 2 up the middle. Other than Cuse, Duke, WF, VT what other games did he do that? Any competent OC would never of put the ball in Pickettes hand as much as he dud. We ran all over ND only to start passing at the end of the game.

Reactions: Gep Dawg
Yep. Not many suckers out there a stupid enough to fall for this for more than 2-3 years. This program is dead. This game and Clemson bashing our brains in might be the best we'll see for quite some time.
This program is and has been mediocre for awhile.

Pickett didn't play well but Davis needs to make that catch and didn't. Game might've been won if he does. Typical Pitt loss. Total team and coaching screwup to lose a game where they outgained the opponent.
My main point is that Davis had 3 catches for 17 yards this year. Is that who you want to be targeting in that situation?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT