ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt is 20-5 in games not played between Nov 11-17

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Think about this for a second. Lets say those 3 games got deleted for some reason. Say all 3 had an ineligible player or whatever. So Pitt is now 20-5. They would probably be what, a 3 seed? Maybe playing for a 2 seed. Right? Now add back those 3 losses. Those 3 losses bump them from a 2/3 to a 9/10/11? 2 seed lines per loss? That is simply insane.

Think about this for a second. Lets say those 3 games got deleted for some reason. Say all 3 had an ineligible player or whatever. So Pitt is now 20-5. They would probably be what, a 3 seed? Maybe playing for a 2 seed. Right? Now add back those 3 losses. Those 3 losses bump them from a 2/3 to a 9/10/11? 2 seed lines per loss? That is simply insane.
I think Pitt is seeded too low but your argument here makes no sense. Yeah those 3 losses are definitely enough to justify the drop in seed line. There are numerous other teams out there in that spread between 5 losses and 8 losses to explain the drop.

I we just exclude all games not played between November 11-17, and then we exclude games of December 7, January 7-11, January 21 and February 18 then we would be undefeated.

Undefeated!

If we were undefeated right now we'd probably be in line for a one seed. So there is no way that we deserve the eight seed or so that we'd be if they were seeding the tournament right now. It is simply insane!

I we just exclude all games not played between November 11-17, and then we exclude games of December 7, January 7-11, January 21 and February 18 then we would be undefeated.

Undefeated!

If we were undefeated right now we'd probably be in line for a one seed. So there is no way that we deserve the eight seed or so that we'd be if they were seeding the tournament right now. It is simply insane!

Yea man. I'm saying a week in November shouldn't cost you 7 seed lines. Illinois is 19-9 and they're like a 5 seed.

Undefeated!

So we have a conference within a conference and now a schedule within a schedule? Makes perfect sense.

So we have a conference within a conference and now a schedule within a schedule? Makes perfect sense.

Correct. Also, games within games as we analyze your chances to win based on 3 point percentages. If we outshoot our opponent by 10% against ACC 12 teams in games not played Nov 11-17, we are unbeatable.

I think it bears weight for potential tourney success, meaning they have potential for upsets as likely will be seeded lower than they are capable of playing. They are playing like a top 20 team since November, but will be seeded as top 40. Just make it in the field. These debates are much better then the fire Capel threads the last 4 years at this same time.

They are playing like a top 20 team since November, but will be seeded as top 40.

Top 10, really. Not saying they are Top 10 based on the eye test but 20-5 speaks for itself. Those 3 games in NET cost us as many as 9 seed lines and that shouldn't.

Top 10, really. Not saying they are Top 10 based on the eye test but 20-5 speaks for itself. Those 3 games in NET cost us as many as 9 seed lines and that shouldn't.
Yep. And winning can help against the haters. Sort of how mcmurphy crapped on Pitt football basically until they beat UCLA and then ranked them to end year and put them in preseason top 25 for next. They will have a shot to prove themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT