ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt lady soccer

Interesting that the two local freshmen, Coffield from Mars and Schupansky from North Allegheny, both cracked the starting lineup, and Coffield scored. I watched Coffield play once last year and she’s very, very good - nice to see that it’s carried over in the early going.

Tough game coming up next. Although Oklahoma state lost to Missouri, I guess still ranked.
not only did West score she also had an assist. The ACC is packed with talent, but if West keeps on she should be 1st team ACC.

Interesting that the two local freshmen, Coffield from Mars and Schupansky from North Allegheny, both cracked the starting lineup, and Coffield scored. I watched Coffield play once last year and she’s very, very good - nice to see that it’s carried over in the early going.
My daughter played alongside of both of them. You’ll never meet a better kid than Coffield. A great teammate. And Shupansky is ultra competitive and all business. Not surprised they are doing well.

The women were beating Oklahoma State at halftime 1-0, and have now given up two goals in the first five minutes of the second half to go down 2-1.

Next need, beat an ACC powerhouse. Start sending a message Pitt can recruit and play with the rest of them.

The Pitt women checked in as the top team under “Others Receiving Votes”. Huge accomplishment for a program that has always been moribund.

The bad news is that the ACC is stacked, as always. The ACC has the #1, #2, #3, #5 and #9 teams in this week’s poll.

The good news is everyone outside of that group is going to lose to UNC, FSU, UVA and Duke so as long as Pitt can beat the next tier ACC teams like NC State, Wake and Virginia Tech and manage to take down a traditionally very good TCU program in a few weeks they will have a good NCAA resume. That OK State win will carry a lot of weight.

The Pitt women checked in as the top team under “Others Receiving Votes”. Huge accomplishment for a program that has always been moribund.

The bad news is that the ACC is stacked, as always. The ACC has the #1, #2, #3, #5 and #9 teams in this week’s poll.

The good news is everyone outside of that group is going to lose to UNC, FSU, UVA and Duke so as long as Pitt can beat the next tier ACC teams like NC State, Wake and Virginia Tech and manage to take down a traditionally very good TCU program in a few weeks they will have a good NCAA resume. That OK State win will carry a lot of weight.
I see them leaping VT, NC ST. Louisville and Notre dame too. Wake is starting to recruit very well and recruit a million girls. I think they signed 16 or something and many had some form of national team experience. If Pitt women can break the top 25 they will stay there for along time, but yeah, dealing with ACC opponents is an absolute nightmare of a season for any team.

Lost to unc 1-0. Unc scored a late goal that had to go to review. Unc controlled play, but in the past this would have been a 5-0 loss.
It should also be noted that Pitt played without leading scorer, Amanda West, who missed her second consecutive game due to injury.

Reactions: zookeeper2000
Saw video of the winning goal. It never completely crossed the line, but then again, it may have been a handball against the Panthers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT