ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt/Nitter game thread

Well, this was a let-down. I think we'll see a lot more of DiNucci next week, similar to what they did with Peterman in 2015. One could only hope...

I disagree, I don't expect that late 70's early 80's stretch run. But if the likes of Wake Forest and Georgia Tech can win 10+ games and a major conference championship in the last 10 years why can't Pitt?

Don't bother responding this this clowns tripe. He's admitted he hates Pitt football.

Pitt had a better showing than I expected. Actually quite frustrating how the offensive controlled the ball but just had a bad combination of play calling and quarterback play that held them back. This really should have been a close game, but in the end, the PSU playmakers were the difference.

The last play by Dinucci was brutal. Throw the ball even it's a force.
Browne stinks. Dinucci may not be better. However, I will pick the younger qb over the senior if they both suck.

So you're saying Pickett has a chance!

I disagree, I don't expect that late 70's early 80's stretch run. But if the likes of Wake Forest and Georgia Tech can win 10+ games and a major conference championship in the last 10 years why can't Pitt?

Yep. It's called coaching. Paul Johnson runs a flexbone option system that gives Tech the best chance to win. Johnson understands that he is not going to beat the better programs with running a "traditional" offense since he won't get the talent necessary. Ergo the flex bone.

I don't expect Pitt to be a national power. I do expect Pitt to avg 8 wins a year and every 3 years contend for the ACC title game.

That's easily achievable with the right coach. I question if Narduzzi can do that.

Wow. Embarrassing.

No reason to play them any more. Finish the series and move on. Play WVU instead. This isn't good for Pitt. They've flat owned us since the 30's for a reason. We eek out a win or 2 every decade but most games are like this and it isn't going to change.

Reactions: Cincinnati Kid
Wow. Embarrassing.

No reason to play them any more. Finish the series and move on. Play WVU instead. This isn't good for Pitt. They've flat owned us since the 30's for a reason. We eek out a win or 2 every decade but most games are like this and it isn't going to change.

I see there was more stuff on the ESPN front page today about how Joe DID know. Disgusting.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
That's news?? It's well known by most people with a brain and some eyes and ears that PoopPants knew about the child rapes for decades and condoned the behavior by allowing it to keep happening.

Was being sarcastic to the fake Pitt fan

Score does not reflect the play on defense today. INT led to first TD, Henderson fair catch at 4 led directly to another and then Brownes dumb check down in the end zone for a safety. That's 16 points due to offensive failure. I thought the front 4 did much better. LB's were glaring eye soar compared to rest of defense. All in all I felt the D did enough to give us a chance to win. Maybe I'm crazy or a "homer" but I finished game more encouraged by the defense than discouraged.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
Red Zone scoring took a big step backwards w/ Watson calling the plays & Browne at QB. St. Penn knew Browne was never any threat to beat them w/ his legs & they prepared & attacked accordingly. To top that off what was Watson calling a Option play. Browne was pitching well before he even got close to getting hit. The kid is a very poor athlete from a speed,quickness, etc. aspect. Just allows the opponent to pin their ears back & attack forcing Browne to throw off his back foot thus sailing balls into the arms of waiting defenders. The kid is nowhere close to a kid we will win following from my point of view.
DeNucci needs to be handed the keys to the car A.S.A.P. IMO.

H2 PITT !!! P.S. Clark & Hendrix are not even close to their so called potential from the recruiting services. Neither looks like they have a special talent moreso than any other player we have out on the field. Clark dropped a ball in his chest from DeNucci for a TD & then seemed to have a smile on his face walking back to the huddle.

Watson was a real letdown as he seemed to go to last years playbook too often. Where was the next dimension of our offense that could be played off of Canada's offense. I never saw anything that was an extension or original that Watson brought to the offense.
Tell me this was not what we were hiding last week ?

H2 PITT !!!

Red Zone scoring took a big step backwards w/ Watson calling the plays & Browne at QB. St. Penn knew Browne was never any threat to beat them w/ his legs & they prepared & attacked accordingly. To top that off what was Watson calling a Option play. Browne was pitching well before he even got close to getting hit. The kid is a very poor athlete from a speed,quickness, etc. aspect. Just allows the opponent to pin their ears back & attack forcing Browne to throw off his back foot thus sailing balls into the arms of waiting defenders. The kid is nowhere close to a kid we will win following from my point of view.
DeNucci needs to be handed the keys to the car A.S.A.P. IMO.

H2 PITT !!! P.S. Clark & Hendrix are not even close to their so called potential from the recruiting services. Neither looks like they have a special talent moreso than any other player we have out on the field. Clark dropped a ball in his chest from DeNucci for a TD & then seemed to have a smile on his face walking back to the huddle.

Watson was a real letdown as he seemed to go to last years playbook too often. Where was the next dimension of our offense that could be played off of Canada's offense. I never saw anything that was an extension or original that Watson brought to the offense.
Tell me this was not what we were hiding last week ?

H2 PITT !!!

I think you need to give Clark some time. Gisicki from ups was a drop machine his first year. CLark will be fine

I saw some burst by Hendrix. He's not the all world folks made him out to be but he's going to be very good. Remember this was his first meaningful game in like three years

I think you need to give Clark some time. Gisicki from ups was a drop machine his first year. CLark will be fine

I saw some burst by Hendrix. He's not the all world folks made him out to be but he's going to be very good. Remember this was his first meaningful game in like three years
Why is it that the star crowd is so willing to give the 4-5 star kids time to develop but yet if a kid comes in as a 3 star or even 2 star those kids never are given a fair shake. They are automatically destined to be MAC level recruits.
I agree that maybe Clark & Hendrix will come around & contribute but that is not how they were advertised. All I kept hearing is they were Day 1 starters & difference makers who Pitt needed more of.......H2 PITT !!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT