ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt/Nitter game thread

The D has not been our problem today, not even close. We have given St Penn field position from boneheaded plays ,TO's, etc. which led to prime starting points for St Penn's D & O.
Once again I am disgusted that we failed to open up the O last week to give them time to get some actual real game work. Also it may have even further shined a light on needing to look at Dinucci sooner.

H2 PITT !!!

Other than beating Clemson last year I'm really disappointed in Narduzzi's track record at Pitt.

You have to ask yourself: Are we really any better than the Wannstedt, Graham, Chryst years?

Other than beating Clemson last year I'm really disappointed in Narduzzi's track record at Pitt.

You have to ask yourself: Are we really any better than the Wannstedt, Graham, Chryst years?

Nope. The question fans need to ask is: how can you delude yourselves into thinking a 10 year stretch in the 70s is any indication Pitt will ever be more than mediocre.

Reactions: pafootballguy

Very good question. Not as good as Wannstedt's 08 and 09 nor Harris.

Nope. The question fans need to ask is: how can you delude yourselves into thinking a 10 year stretch in the 70s is any indication Pitt will ever be more than mediocre.

Get what you pay for and Pitt/Pirates are cheap , so......

The D has not been our problem today, not even close. We have given St Penn field position from boneheaded plays ,TO's, etc. which led to prime starting points for St Penn's D & O.
Once again I am disgusted that we failed to open up the O last week to give them time to get some actual real game work. Also it may have even further shined a light on needing to look at Dinucci sooner.

H2 PITT !!!

We lost this game on offense. Had chances and didn't come thru. Dropped passes, poor QB play and terrible play calling.

H2 PITT !!!
I disagree with your point on the D. The early long run by McSorley was a joke, The TD pass to Gesecki was a joke, the TD pass to Barkley was a joke.

Those plays were not the result of poor play by individual players. They were not the result of great individual plays by the opposition. They were the result of poor coaching and schemes.

Last edited:
Reactions: ksquared33
Game's over. Would be nice to see what Ben D can do in what is likely our last possession coming up.

Or whether it's Max or Ben, would be nice to see them let either one throw it down field just a little. We've seen enough shovel passes.

I can understand the reluctance to not put DiNucci in at his own 1... I guess (although he had shown the most composure of the whole game with his TD). But it was a flag of surrender. Really disappointing.

We lost this game because the staff thinks a veteran qb is the safer choice. The staff thinks Browne will make less mistakes and that gives Pitt the best chance at victory.

Well, that the data have completely refuted that logic. However, I suspect Narduzzi will be stubborn and insist on giving Browne more time. Why we wait to be patient with a grad transfer qb with one year of eligibility is beyond me but we will.

I know Browne is a mistake. The longer it takes Narduzzi to recognize that the more I think he is not the answer either.

Reactions: TD_istheman
Don't worry guys we will play better with Oklahoma state next week! Browne is getting better and our field goal kicker was much better this week!

Watson did not exactly cover himself with glory today. Regardless of who the QB is its going to be a long season if teams can just crowd the line and dare you to throw down the field.

Thought Aston and Orndorff have really been missed these first 2 games.

I think the coaching staff puts the best player in for good reasons. We don't know all the facts so try not to pass judgement! Duzzi will get better!

Eff Narduzzi, im giving him a piece of my mind for what its worth on Twitter. Shitty playcalling, decisions, and personnel assignments. Franklin outcoached him. God darn Second Coming of Wanny

Reactions: PittPanthers90
Eff Narduzzi, im giving him a piece of my mind for what its worth on Twitter. Shitty playcalling, decisions, and personnel assignments. Franklin outcoached him. God darn Second Coming of Wanny

Wanny could at least recruit better , so he isn't as good as Wanny , nice try dolt

Reactions: HailToPitt725

I disagree, I don't expect that late 70's early 80's stretch run. But if the likes of Wake Forest and Georgia Tech can win 10+ games and a major conference championship in the last 10 years why can't Pitt?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT