ADVERTISEMENT

PITT playing in the Bronx is ridiculous

I love all the replies of "I used to live in NYC" or "I just visited"....yeah hoss, we get it, your perspective invalidates every crime stat, DA impotence, and shortage of police/quitting issue that NYC has currently.

But they're not afraid to be in Manhattan otherwise? This is confusing. Who am I supposed to be afraid of, again?
i guess when they have free rooms at 5 star hotels, the fear goes away. they get booted from the complimentary room and board and have to pay their own way, and well i guess the fear is real, hence they are canada bound..

you dont be afraid of anything Dan, except for pitt hoops losing to L'Ville tonight cause that's Quad 4 territory bro and we dont need no Quad 4 losses in our life.

I've never been afraid of migrants, a Lot of my closest friends and relatives have been illegal aliens working under the table and not paying taxes. I've often been a go too guy, helping them get around the rules.

afraid or just dont want to go to a cess pool? I see dog crap on the sidewalk, i am not afraid of it, i just dont want to step in it so i walk around it.

kind of the same concept here.

if you want to go, no one is stopping you. have fun. why are you worried about what strangers think of nyc? you dont even know these people.
We all know how scared you are
You didn’t have to clarify

Maybe if you had a heroine with you, your fear of being in the company of minorities would lessen
lol, i love it. and yes, i''d be the hit of baltimore. the problem is, to get it, i first have to step in dog crap,, i mean, go to the inner city and obtain some..

you see the catch 22 here, right?

lol, i love it. and yes, i''d be the hit of baltimore. the problem is, to get it, i first have to step in dog crap,, i mean, go to the inner city and obtain some..

you see the catch 22 here, right?
Heroin: Illegal opiate.
Heroine: A woman idolized for her courage
Zelda:
514qFL2mO4L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Reactions: pittdan77
NYC has certainly seen a bit of an uptick in crime the past few years- but it is still not as dangerous as the perception. I lived in NYC for more many years. I moved just across the river about a decade ago. It was quite safe when I lived there and it is still pretty safe.

The most concerning issue in NYC has.been the increase in people being pushed onto the subway tracks .You really have to be mindful of who is around you when you are waiting for a subway and be sure not to stand close to the edge of the tracks. Still, the likelihood of getting pushed onto the tracks or being attacked in any way while in NYC is very low. Just stay aware of your surroundings and avoid the more dangerous sections of the city.

I take my kids into the city to eat and see shows and go to museums quite often. There is no city in America that comes close to offering the amount of world class restaurants, shows, museums, shopping and sites. Plus, there is no urban setting quite as magical. It has street after street of beautiful architecture and wonderful diversity. The city may seem like one giant metropolis to visitors, but when you live there you see it more as many smaller neighborhoods stuck together -one after another- each with its own wonderfully unique experience.

Even if you don’t see yourself as someone who would want to live in NYC (and that’s fine), you do not want to deprive yourself of the opportunity to experience and explore what might just be the most spectacular city on Earth made up of must-see neighborhoods: Harlem, Upped East Side: Upper West Side; Columbus Circle, Central Park, Lincoln Square, Theatre District/Time Square, Midtown, Hell’s Kitchen, Garment District, Koreatown, Flatiron. District, Chelsea, Gramercy, Union Square, Meatpacking District, Greenwich Village, East Village, Little Italy, Chinatown, Nolita, Noho, Soho, Tribeca, Lower East Side, Financial District, Battery Park - and that’s just the Manhattan borough. There are also so many amazing places to visit in Brooklyn (Williamsburg, Cobble Hill, Carrol Garden, Park Slope, Dumbo, Brooklyn Heights, Green Point, Prospect Heights; Bay Ridge, Bushwick). Even some pretty cool neighborhoods in the Bronx and other boroughs.

No place makes you feel alive as much as NYC.
I never said to not visit NYC, I just said that you are at a higher chance of having an act of violence happen to you walking down the street in NYC, then you would doing the same thing in Morgantown, WV.

I never said to not visit NYC, I just said that you are at a higher chance of having an act of violence happen to you walking down the street in NYC, then you would doing the same thing in Morgantown, WV.
My response was in no way meant as some sort of rebuttal to your post. I’m fact, I don’t have a clue how safe Morgantown is.

I just simply wanted to pass along information about NYC from my perspective - someone who has lived in that city for many years and now goes into it frequently from my place just across the river.

I want people to know that there is indeed a real uptick in crime and violence over the past few years -but the crime and violence is not nearly as rampant as the media sometimes makes it out to be.

New York is by far the biggest city in America. As such, one should always be a little more aware of their surroundings. Still, I would say that NYC is rather safe overall. Just be a little more aware of your surroundings than usual- especially when you are on the subway platforms. That said, I have not personally seen any violence or crime any of the times I’ve been in the city over the past 2 years.

Even if that is true, the chances are so close to 0, that its not even worth discussing. Chances of being RANDOMLY assaulted walking down the street in Manhattan are like .000000001% and in Morgantown its probably .00000000001%.

Even if that is true, the chances are so close to 0, that its not even worth discussing. Chances of being RANDOMLY assaulted walking down the street in Manhattan are like .000000001% and in Morgantown its probably .00000000001%.
Wrong.

Former NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce says it's alarming.

"We're in different times, now. This is not a spike. It's not a trend. We're in a crime surge right now," Boyce said.

Chief Boyce credits officers for making arrests but blames prosecutors and judges for downgrading crimes.

Wrong.

Former NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce says it's alarming.

"We're in different times, now. This is not a spike. It's not a trend. We're in a crime surge right now," Boyce said.

Chief Boyce credits officers for making arrests but blames prosecutors and judges for downgrading crimes.

If you walk down the street in Manhattan, what is the chance you are randomly assaulted? 40%? I need a number. Its an infinitely low chance. The violent crime rate is higher right now in Morgantown than NYC.

Jesus Christ, can we all promise to go to this game just so SMF and PIttDan can finally shut the f up about new york city?

Seriously. lets just freakin go, have fun, get drunk and watch pitt beat a terrible cuse team. and that way, pittdan and smf can rant about something else.. if i read another damn post about morgantown vs new york city crime rates, im going to puke..

im willing to drop 1500 bucks just to quiet these two up about this topic, who's coming with me? oh and for the record, if i go and get raped by a homeless crack addict, my lost innocence is on you both..

Jesus Christ, can we all promise to go to this game just so SMF and PIttDan can finally shut the f up about new york city?

Seriously. lets just freakin go, have fun, get drunk and watch pitt beat a terrible cuse team. and that way, pittdan and smf can rant about something else.. if i read another damn post about morgantown vs new york city crime rates, im going to puke..

im willing to drop 1500 bucks just to quiet these two up about this topic, who's coming with me? oh and for the record, if i go and get raped by a homeless crack addict, my lost innocence is on you both..
No worry, homeless crack addicts have standards too!

Nearly half the people in Manhattan are assaulted every day? The humanity!

Maybe 40% is too high but I do believe there are people out there that believe if they go to Manhattan (and keep in mind, Manhattan, specifically midtown Manhattan is where the vast majority of tourists spend their time), where most crime videos they see on Newsmax are in other boroughs, they have like a 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 chance of someone walking up to them in Times Square and shooting them or mugging them. The chance of that happening is so tiny, about the same of it happening in Morgantown. And if you are a drunk obnoxious Pitt fan, you are in far more danger on a gameday in Morgantown than in NYC.

Maybe 40% is too high but I do believe there are people out there that believe if they go to Manhattan (and keep in mind, Manhattan, specifically midtown Manhattan is where the vast majority of tourists spend their time), where most crime videos they see on Newsmax are in other boroughs, they have like a 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 chance of someone walking up to them in Times Square and shooting them or mugging them. The chance of that happening is so tiny, about the same of it happening in Morgantown. And if you are a drunk obnoxious Pitt fan, you are in far more danger on a gameday in Morgantown than in NYC.
Depending on who you believe, most cities of all sizes hover at 1% or lower for violent crime rates. And for all your ranting about Morgantown, it's about twice as safe as Dahntahn, Yinzerville.

Google is your friend.

I'm in. I am going to the game.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
Freeport and Dan have great senses of humor. Like u two goofballs. Still undecided on SMF though.
Mostly jagging you. You're allowed to feel however you want about NYC but it's really not that bad unless you want to take a deep dive into one of the bad areas of town. No different than Pittsburgh in that respect.

Mostly jagging you. You're allowed to feel however you want about NYC but it's really not that bad unless you want to take a deep dive into one of the bad areas of town. No different than Pittsburgh in that respect.
No different than anywhere in that respect.
Anyone can find trouble if they look for it.
Most people know where trouble can be found and go out of their way to avoid it. You don't totally avoid cities because there are bad neighborhoods. Just stay out of those neighborhoods! Pretty simple.

or the subway.

I’ve been there once as a young’in. Would actually really like to visit nyc as an adult. No anti nyc feelings from me.

I’m sure like any city, there are places to avoid and places that are incredible.

I’ve been there once as a young’in. Would actually really like to visit nyc as an adult. No anti nyc feelings from me.

I’m sure like any city, there are places to avoid and places that are incredible.
NYC is intense. And expensive. Can be very overwhelming. Definitely not for everyone. I can take a few days of it and that's it. Very different than any other large city I've been to.

Considering going to this game. I will never make a road trip to Syracuse.

Could be a nice Beterans Day weekend trip to NYC. Big win for Pitt getting out of a road game at the dome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT