Pitt plays Florida if we win

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
If Pitt wins and Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Alabama, then

- CFP is Alabama, ND, OU, OSU

- Rose: Michigan vs Wash/Utah

- Sugar: Georgia vs Texas or WVU

The Peach and Fiesta get some combination of Pitt, Clemson, UCF, and Florida. So, we'd play Florida.

Not that it matters a bunch but a Pitt win knocks PSU out of the Peach or Fiesta. However, if I'm a PSU fan, I'd rather go to the Citrus anyway.

Or if Pitt wins, and Clemson becomes #4. Or Georgia wins. Or Texas wins.
Your scenario is possibly the most likely but I bet it's below 50% of overall odds in a Pitt win yet your thread title is again click bait.

And here I am replying.

Reactions: HOF Coach
The Peach and Fiesta get some combination of Pitt, Clemson, UCF, and Florida. So, we'd play Florida.
Not that it matters a bunch but a Pitt win knocks PSU out of the Peach or Fiesta. However, if I'm a PSU fan, I'd rather go to the Citrus anyway.

Agreed. I think the Fiesta is out of the question for PSU and most Penn State fans I know would far prefer the Citrus to the Peach.

Agreed. I think the Fiesta is out of the question for PSU and most Penn State fans I know would far prefer the Citrus to the Peach.

Barring any upsets, I would guess Florida vs Penn State in the Peach and Michigan vs UCF in the Fiesta. PSU was in the Fiesta last year and UCF in the Peach so they may flip-flop them. Could be 3 straight NY6 games for the Peds

I'll start watching the game HOPING, HOPING, HOPING we can pull the upset, or at least have a close exciting game, but I'll be shocked if this is not a blowout. JUST BEING HONEST. So if we lose who do we play?
Sorry that I'm being negative! Like always, I'll start watching the game acting like we're going to win, hoping something good happens, but I'm not feeling it... I hope they surprise me.

UCF will have hands full with Memphis without Milton. So they would drop below 12 which doesn’t guarantee a NY6 bowl

UCF will have hands full with Memphis without Milton. So they would drop below 12 which doesn’t guarantee a NY6 bowl

That would be interesting because they would still be the highest ranked G5 team, but not a conference champ so would the MWC winner go instead?

That would be interesting because they would still be the highest ranked G5 team, but not a conference champ so would the MWC winner go instead?

Yes, they're supposed to pick the highest ranked "champion", implying BYU or Army automatically have a much harder route than Fresno State (who could end up around #20 and in if UCF loses.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT