ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt - Portland (Sat 1pm)

What else should they write? Kentucky didn't lose in 20 matches, were the #1 overall seed, and lost to an unseeded team who was down a man in the 79th minute

Reactions: Chaos
Just realized the US plays at 10AM on Saturday if we beat Iran. If that match goes into extra time, I and I'm assuming every other Pitt soccer fan wont be at the Pitt game. Would it have been absolutely impossible to do 2PM? Do I have to be in charge of everything?

Just realized the US plays at 10AM on Saturday if we beat Iran. If that match goes into extra time, I and I'm assuming every other Pitt soccer fan wont be at the Pitt game. Would it have been absolutely impossible to do 2PM? Do I have to be in charge of everything?
Disrespectful to our GK (Holland) and the handful of Americans on the team who would surely want to be watching that World Cup match.

Disrespectful to our GK (Holland) and the handful of Americans on the team who would surely want to be watching that World Cup match.

If that match goes to extra time, I would expect 80% less regular adults would attend the Pitt match that would have if it was at 2. And probably 40% less even if it doesnt because of the quick turnaround of having to get from the couch to Oakland in less than an hour. It shouldn't deter students though because they can just walk up after.

If that match goes to extra time, I would expect 80% less regular adults would attend the Pitt match that would have if it was at 2. And probably 40% less even if it doesnt because of the quick turnaround of having to get from the couch to Oakland in less than an hour. It shouldn't deter students though because they can just walk up after.
I can get from my doorstep to victory heights in 25 minutes. The problem is I don’t know what seating is like for a high demand match like this. So even if the USA game ends in regulation, I wouldn’t want to be walking through the gates as the anthem is being played and struggle to find a place to sit.

I can get from my doorstep to victory heights in 25 minutes. The problem is I don’t know what seating is like for a high demand match like this. So even if the USA game ends in regulation, I wouldn’t want to be walking through the gates as the anthem is being played and struggle to find a place to sit.

I will go if USA is in the match and it doesn't go to extra time. If it goes to extra time, I'm not.

I will go if USA is in the match and it doesn't go to extra time. If it goes to extra time, I'm not.
Thats the spirit. I, personally, couldn't care less about USA soccer, but that's just me. I like Craft sodas from the Dollar Tree. Personally, blue raspberry from Sprecher's (WBC) is my favorite.

Reactions: Chaos
Thats the spirit. I, personally, couldn't care less about USA soccer, but that's just me. I like Craft sodas from the Dollar Tree. Personally, blue raspberry from Sprecher's (WBC) is my favorite.

I am a USMNT first, Pitt soccer fan 2nd. Its the World Cup and they play very few meaningful games. Pitt will be back here very soon. And its undeniably stupid to play an important college soccer game where you'd like to have a big crowd opposite a USA Round of 16 game extra time/PKs

Put the game on the scoreboard at Ambrose. Problem solved.
True story. Last time I was Ambrose for a mens game was the night we failed to beat T&T to qualify for the last World Cup. We played PSU that night. Incredible match. And everyone had the USA game on their smart phones. So it might not be a good omen having a UsA game at the same time.

I was on my way home in the fort Pitt tunnel when the final whistle blew.

US mens soccer is the niche of all niches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT