ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt should move YSU to Friday Night

PittGuy00

Scholarship
Jan 24, 2008
The remnants of Hurricane Harvey are hitting Saturday. Wind and washout rain expected.

National Weather Service 40% chance possible light showers in the afternoon after 1 pm.
According to my math there's a 60% chance of no showers at this time for Saturday!
But sometimes weather math is different from real math!

Ronnie from Blawnox: "We was gonna load up the Pontiac and get ahn dahn to the Pitt game n'at. I'd got us a case a Mango Arhn City. Yeah! That fancy sh*t! But then Shelly came aht unto the porch n'at and said 'yinz ain't goin down to any old Pitt game dahn dere n'at. My honey Jeff Veruzula came on after my story, and he just said we's gonna get a sh*tload of rain. Well, sumwon is anyway, he wuz talkin' about "Ashland", and I membered your cuzzin Ashlyn lives dahn dere in Carnegie n'at, ya know, by the laundromat that used to be there, and they's got all that rain in that big storm the last time yinz went dahn dere. So yinz just cool yers jets.' So I said, whadaya we gonna do with all this Mango Arhn? And she said, 'Maybe we'll get up over to the Walmart and get us a pizza to go with it". So we started up a fire in da pit outside and called the Wachowski's over and we had it."

Ronnie from Blawnox: "We was gonna load up the Pontiac and get ahn dahn to the Pitt game n'at. I'd got us a case a Mango Arhn City. Yeah! That fancy sh*t! But then Shelly came aht unto the porch n'at and said 'yinz ain't goin down to any old Pitt game dahn dere n'at. My honey Jeff Veruzula came on after my story, and he just said we's gonna get a sh*tload of rain. Well, sumwon is anyway, he wuz talkin' about "Ashland", and I membered your cuzzin Ashlyn lives dahn dere in Carnegie n'at, ya know, by the laundromat that used to be there, and they's got all that rain in that big storm the last time yinz went dahn dere. So yinz just cool yers jets.' So I said, whadaya we gonna do with all this Mango Arhn? And she said, 'Maybe we'll get up over to the Walmart and get us a pizza to go with it". So we started up a fire in da pit outside and called the Wachowski's over and we had it."

Didn't Pitt promise once to never play a home game on a Friday night so as not interfere with WPIAL Friday night lights?

why does everyone always use Blawnox in a mythical example of yinzer scenarios? YOu ever notice that? Dunlap on the fan always says it, uses they yinzer and his hometown is Blawnox. Others do it to. why? Iv'e been to Blawnox, there is RIDC park and a gas station. why is Blawnox more yinzerish than any other town..

Reactions: BFo8
The remnants of Hurricane Harvey are hitting Saturday. Wind and washout rain expected.

And if it's sunny there are people that fret about heat stroke and skin cancer.

Bottom line: those that want to attend the Pitt game will be there. Same as with every other game. There are always those that will just sit at home and watch on TV. Then get on message boards and complain about Pitt attendance. Crazy (and also kinda sad) how some people choose to get their kicks.

Reactions: Springfield Panther
why does everyone always use Blawnox in a mythical example of yinzer scenarios? YOu ever notice that? Dunlap on the fan always says it, uses they yinzer and his hometown is Blawnox. Others do it to. why? Iv'e been to Blawnox, there is RIDC park and a gas station. why is Blawnox more yinzerish than any other town..
Just rolls out of the jaw in classic yinzerese. BLLLAAAWWW-NOCKS.

Reactions: h2p_5150
For the record, the remnants of Harvey are likely to be no where near Pittsburgh on Saturday. I know this is hard to believe, but it is possible for there to be rain in places in the US that aren't caused by Harvey.

MAX_WEB_TROP_ATL9_swath_1280x720.jpg

Honestly -- Is the offensive game-plan gonna be any more Vanilla and plain if it's 70, clear and crisp vs. if the game is played in a torrential downpour with gusting winds?

Pat Narduzzi is just gonna be even happier to grind-out a win under sloppy conditions: "See guys, what else could we call besides handing the ball-off all game, it's the weather's fault what're we gonna do?" :) lol

Weather Underground reports a low % chance of rain between noon and 4 pm so lets hope that holds!

Its usually a very accurate site and is used by a lot of golf courses in our area!
Dry weather would be great for the fans and the team especially for the new QB and the recievers who need live/ real time reps prior to the Nitter game!

Plus the beach weather will be rainy so Mrs Buffett and I can return to a sunny beach Sunday afternoon after the long drive from Pittsburgh.

We haven't missed a beach weekend since the beginning of May.

Last edited:
Weather Underground reports a low % chance of rain between noon and 4 pm so lets hope that holds!

Its usually a very accurate site and is used by a lot of golf courses in our area!
Dry weather would be great for the fans and the team especially for the new QB and the recievers who need live/ real time reps prior to the Nitter game!

Plus the beach weather will be rainy so Mrs Buffett and I can return to a sunny beach Sunday afternoon after the long drive from Pittsburgh.

We haven't missed a beach weekend since the beginning of May.

High school football games have now been moved from Saturday to Friday. Pitt should at least change the start time to 11 to avoid the mess that is coming later in the day. This game is not televised so there is no reason not to. The same people making plans to come to this game would still come if moved to 11.

Why are you so concerned?

High school football games have now been moved from Saturday to Friday. Pitt should at least change the start time to 11 to avoid the mess that is coming later in the day. This game is not televised so there is no reason not to. The same people making plans to come to this game would still come if moved to 11.

Good plan!
I'll be there regardless of the time!
Wheels up time ( out the driveway) for Mrs Buffett and I is 3:45 am and we'll pull into our Northshore Hotel parking lot at around 8:15 or 8:30am so kick-off can happen anytime after that!

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm confused.
Oh, I don't know. Maybe because butts in seats have been a huge issue for Pitt. If I'm the AD I'm trying to get as many people as possible in the stands. And when you have the chance to move a game to a time which would guarantee more butts in seats, then you do it.

Oh, I don't know. Maybe because butts in seats have been a huge issue for Pitt. If I'm the AD I'm trying to get as many people as possible in the stands. And when you have the chance to move a game to a time which would guarantee more butts in seats, then you do it.

Moving the game time 1 hour is not going to change anything.

You just said that the same amount of people would come whether it is 1 or 11. Here is your exact wording...

The same people making plans to come to this game would still come if moved to 11.

Realistically how many more butts should be expected for such a game no matter what the day and time?

Not many, which i guess is both a blessing and curse. Blessing that it really doesn't matter (so the school really doesn't have to sweat details such as possible impact of a wildly variable forecast). The curse in that ... It doesn't really matter (how nice or bad the weather is).

You just said that the same amount of people would come whether it is 11 or 12. Here is your exact wording...

The same people making plans to come to this game would still come if moved to 11.

My point was that people coming to a Pitt vs YSU game will come regardless of game time. Complete washout weather would change that. It would also change the game happening on the field. More potentially for injuries, etc....

Realistically how many more butts should be expected for such a game no matter what the day and time?

Not many, which i guess is both a blessing and curse. Blessing that it really doesn't matter (so the school really doesn't have to sweat details such as possible impact of a wildly variable forecast). The curse in that ... It doesn't really matter (how nice or bad the weather is).
Good weather = 30-35k for this game. Bad weather=10k.

Moving the game time 1 hour is not going to change anything.
I said 11 so that is 2hrs. And yes it will if there is no torrential downpour predicted to occur during all or parts of the game.

My daughter has soccer so my family wouldn't make it if it was moved up. Doesn't work for me.

My point was that people coming to a Pitt vs YSU game will come regardless of game time. Complete washout weather would change that. It would also change the game happening on the field. More potentially for injuries, etc....

You do realize football is played in the elements. And moving the game time is not just as simple as moving the game time. You have employees that are scheduled for certain hours, buses running, etc. It's not like we are getting hit with the direct hurricane where it will cause life or death issues.

I can't speak for everyone, but if it is moved up, I can't attend due to youth soccer that morning. I'm not coming at half time.

Below is a link from our very own local news station. Saturday's forecast: "Remnants of Harvey"
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/category/weather/

The National Weather Service now shows the center of what will be left of Harvey in central Kentucky at around kickoff time. My guess is they are more likely to be correct than the people who the night before the eclipse last week said it would be clear and sunny all eclipse day until at least 6 pm, only to have it raining in much of western PA by 10:00 that morning.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT