ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt/UNC Game Thread

F** ESPN!! If Pitt isn't comfortably in, STFU about god damn Syracuse!!! God these people are so in love with Jim Boeheim it's sickening. Luckily these morons aren't the ones making the bracket.

He said Jamie gambled with the "RPI" game and lost. Said committee looks at how a team finishes and top teams they have beaten and Pitt failed. He gave Pitt a 20% chance of making the dance and could fall.
I thought they didn't look at the recent games anymore. They stopped doing that years ago, supposedly.

These "experts" have no idea what they're talking about. Did any other team agree to fly thousands of miles away to play the then #9 team in the country? I guess it was Jamie who dumped water all over the court so they could get back to Pittsburgh quicker and start playing cupcakes.

Hey our guys end up as ACC academic AAs...these guys attend joke classes and are awaiting NCAA sanctions....if the NCAA ever has the balls to do anything about it....

Say what you want....but its true.

Reactions: UPitt129
We are putting way too much in Lunardi. Even last year when pitt got to 8-6 in league, and most people had them in, or real close, Lunardi didn't have pitt even in the first 8 out.

He hates pitt..it is pretty obvious.

Hey our guys end up as ACC academic AAs...these guys attend joke classes and are awaiting NCAA sanctions....if the NCAA ever has the balls to do anything about it....

No, it isn't and this is a pathetic post from a naive man.

These "experts" have no idea what they're talking about. Did any other team agree to fly thousands of miles away to play the then #9 team in the country? I guess it was Jamie who dumped water all over the court so they could get back to Pittsburgh quicker and start playing cupcakes.

This pisses me off. We hear about wicjita's injuries, and boeheim being out, but no one mentions the gonzaga game...no one.

This pisses me off. We hear about wicjita's injuries, and boeheim being out, but no one mentions the gonzaga game...no one.
Exactly. Like I mentioned earlier too, it's almost as if we lost out on two games. If we knew we weren't going to get to play that game, we would have never, ever, ever scheduled a D2 team that doesn't count as a win. Rip on Jamie constantly for the OOC schedule, but he scheduled the toughest game of the year as far as travel combined with matchup. And what happened.... Pitt got royally screwed by it. Absolutely ridiculous that people are even considering the possibility Pitt might not make it.

It ain't gonna happen DruidTM...UNC will not receive anymore punishment in the way of sanctions. They have already have all the punishiment they will get. Time to move on from this way of thinking buddy.

You're not reading one of our more reputable posters. He called our pg the c word earlier in the year if that gives you an idea on his character.

What? Who are you to just "reputable"? No one even knows you. I am a seasoned vet and respected. And if you don't get what I meant, then you are just too stupid.......think of what Brandin, Carl or Julius, JB or Chevy would have done to someone just burying shots. They would be put on their ass with a hard foul. Hence........

It ain't gonna happen DruidTM...UNC will not receive anymore punishment in the way of sanctions. They have already have all the punishiment they will get. Time to move on from this way of thinking buddy.

Why is that? I mean, why shouldn't Pitt go up to say 2-3 of the top 10 kids and say, we will pay you this amount and you won't have to go to class. How would you feel if we did that? Because that is what UNC has done. Hell, it is what we did to get Charles Smith, Jerome Lane and company.

F** ESPN!! If Pitt isn't comfortably in, STFU about god damn Syracuse!!! God these people are so in love with Jim Boeheim it's sickening. Luckily these morons aren't the ones making the bracket.
It's just a basketball game. No need to have a breakdown

Why is that? I mean, why shouldn't Pitt go up to say 2-3 of the top 10 kids and say, we will pay you this amount and you won't have to go to class. How would you feel if we did that? Because that is what UNC has done. Hell, it is what we did to get Charles Smith, Jerome Lane and company.
I think you need to get more facts other than NC State trash.

Nobody was paid anything.

They went to the classes as they were structured.

They didn't get grades to not go to class. They went to classes where the coursework was to do a research paper for the year and the time for class was considered optional but readily available if they needed help in said classes.

Basically, people are arguing the classes were just too easy as the classes weren't graded very hard.

To be it into perspective for you, Cal U of OA has 200 and 400 level history classes which are "paper classes". 295 and 495 History off the top of my head. I actually turned the exact same paper in to both classes for an A in each. A 20 page research paper.

Also, the teaching program has a class (did) multicultural teaching where you had to do one presentation for the year and every class was a students presentation. If you did a presentation you got an A. If you didn't do a project and never attended class, you got a B.

Real classes. Accredited. Etc.

Duquesne University another university I attended had the same types of classes though lesser so than Cal U.

The point is. Every college has easy classes. And that is what this surmounts to. They are saying the classes in the Afro American History Program at UNC was too easy. Not that the didn't exist.

UNC did prior get slammed for changing grades for Julius Peppers and was sanctioned for it. And the Women's Basketball program is probably getting dinged for coach to advisor contact regarding grades.

However, there is no evidence that the Mens Basketball team was given any preferential treatment to these classes. They didn't even come close to a majoity of the students in these classes. It was simply an easy program at a university that by word of mouth students took to get easy grades.

Nothing like any other college has. How many times have you seen kids in college try to get certain professors in classes due to easier or etc. Happens everywhere.

Duke Sociology program is another program that is regarded as an easy program and one that their athletes flock to. Every school has easy programs.

Reactions: NCBlueWonderz

Nobody was paid anything.

They went to the classes as they were structured.

They didn't get grades to not go to class. They went to classes where the coursework was to do a research paper for the year and the time for class was considered optional but readily available if they needed help in said classes.

Basically, people are arguing the classes were just too easy as the classes weren't graded very hard.

To be it into perspective for you, Cal U of OA has 200 and 400 level history classes which are "paper classes". 295 and 495 History off the top of my head. I actually turned the exact same paper in to both classes for an A in each. A 20 page research paper.

Also, the teaching program has a class (did) multicultural teaching where you had to do one presentation for the year and every class was a students presentation. If you did a presentation you got an A. If you didn't do a project and never attended class, you got a B.

Duquesne University another university I attended had the same types of classes though lesser so than Cal U.

The point is. Every college has easy classes. And that is what this surmounts to. They are saying the classes in the Afro American History Program at UNC was too easy. Not that the didn't exist.

UNC did prior get slammed for changing grades for Julius Peppers and was sanctioned for it. And the Women's Basketball program is probably getting dinged for coach to advisor contact regarding grades.

However, there is no evidence that the Mens Basketball team was given any preferential treatment to these classes. They didn't even come close to a majoity of the students in these classes. It was simply an easy program at a university that by word of mouth students took to get easy grades.

Nothing like any other college has. How many times have you seen kids in college try to get certain professors in classes due to easier or etc. Happens everywhere.

Duke Sociology program is another program that is regarded as an easy program and one that their athletes flock to. Every school has easy programs.
Imajericho - not to worry with all the explanations. We've seen first hand how tough the NCAA can be with improprieties. I mean what's 20 years of academic fraud when you basically erase any sanctions against a school that enabled a pedophile? Pffffffffffft. You're small potatoes. We get it.

I don't care about sanctions. I hate the whole dog and pony show of which schools are "tough" for athletes or who wins without cheating. Everyone cheats and I'm fine with UNC getting a slap on the wrist.

However, what you did at Cal U is highly frowned upon in academic circles and unless you had the express written consent of both professors (and likely the department head) you are guilty of an academic sin that qualifies for expulsion. Just an FYI so you don't go bragging about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT