ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs BC Gamethread

When Pitt played at happy valley?

Actually the first Pitt game I ever attended was a game against Penn State, at Pitt Stadium in 1971. How about you?

This the the 20th season at Heinz Field. The Austin Peay game was the first time Pitt played at Heinz that I wasn't there. How about you?

My freshman year of college was 1982. So before this year that was 38 football seasons. I can still count on the fingers of one hand the number of Pitt home games I've missed in those 38 years. And have a finger left over. How about you?

Reactions: Bubby6
There are many on this board who accuse people of being Nitters if they don’t sing praises for all things Pitt or see everything through Blue and Gold glasses. It’s a lazy take. And stupid.
Yep... the old dig at intelligence. I bet you can’t even see your hypocrisy.

Your comment doesn’t deserve a response, but I gave one anyways

Yep... the old dig at intelligence. I bet you can’t even see your hypocrisy.

Your comment doesn’t deserve a response, but I gave one anyways

Nah. Not necessarily. Intelligent people do and say stupid things. Emotions, bias towards a sports team, all kinds of things.

a really bitter, negative one.

Actually not bitter at all. There was a time that a loss like today's would have bothered me for a while. But I'm old enough to have seen enough of it that crap like today just doesn't affect me the way that it used to.

As to being negative, if someone has watched these last two weeks and they aren't at least a little negative about what has gone on then they are delusional. Better to be realistic and a little negative than happily delusional.

Reactions: PerchMan
Well yours was certainly a lazy take then, eh?

If you say so. But I’ll own it. And repeat it. It’s stupid to just throw out the Nitter nonsense because people have a criticism. Or laugh at the missed XP. I’m a touch or 2 younger than Joe. As bad as that loss sucked, I laughed a little too. Because you get beaten into submission.

If you say so. But I’ll own it. And repeat it. It’s stupid to just throw out the Nitter nonsense because people have a criticism. Or laugh at the missed XP. I’m a touch or 2 younger than Joe. As bad as that loss sucked, I laughed a little too. Because you get beaten into submission.
Yeah, because maybe you have unreal expectations? I fail to see how any Pitt fan can see this offense, with a bad line, V. Davis starting, WR who drop passes for 2 years and a QB who stares receivers down and think. Mmmm we have a NC chance. No level of coaching or game planning is going to make that happen. Sorry... it won’t! I’ve been a Pitt fan 40 years, one thing I know is changing coaches has NEVER worked for us. Furthermore, I love the Defense. Sure we have starters out and are banged up; but they are hard-hitting, hard-playing MFers that I’m proud to watch

Reactions: Bubby6
Yeah, because maybe you have unreal expectations? I fail to see how any Pitt fan can see this offense, with a bad line, V. Davis starting, WR who drop passes for 2 years and a QB who stares receivers down and think. Mmmm we have a NC chance. No level of coaching or game planning is going to make that happen. Sorry... it won’t! I’ve been a Pitt fan 40 years, one thing I know is changing coaches has NEVER worked for us. Furthermore, I love the Defense. Sure we have starters out and are banged up; but they are hard-hitting, hard-playing MFers that I’m proud to watch

Well we’re off to another subject. And let me be clear. I have no expectations. Even after the 3-0 start I’m in record here with concerns. Particularly the offense. I will admit I expected a little more of the D. They’ve been ok, but nothing special as some seemed to believe.

And after 40 years I’d tend to agree. The problem runs deeper than the coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT