ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs. Duke game thread

I thought for sure he was going to dump the ball to the short receiver for a four yard gain, because that's what both of the other two guys would have done.

And to think he (Yarnell) was deemed 3rd string by the coaching staff....this is the most consistent QB play by far that we've had all year

To be fair, when you look at Yarnell, and know he has been in the program for years, he looks lazy. He hasnt put on any muscle, and is not fiery. You can tell that is what Narduzzi likes, thus, why Jurkovec won the job. But, Yarnell is clearly the best playmaker of the 3.

Reactions: NBPanther
I just don't understand why we haven't seen Yarnell earlier???? H2P
I still think most times a depth chart is pretty close to correct but yea there was clearly a problem here. What it is I haven’t a clue but he’s head and shoulders better than the other 2. Absolutely no question.

Yarnell has good footwork in the pocket... and he doesn't panic easy. Villeuax probably throws a bit nice ball, but he does NOT see the field and open receivers nearly as well as Nate.

We should be calling TO.

I cant believe how bad this is

Seriously!! What is the F'n point of letting Duke run the clock down??????? It is so dumb

Long drives that take forever to score points allow teams to hang around and then you combine it with terrible special teams that flip the field for the opponent and this is what you get.

Congrats Narduzzi, your precious defense gets to stay off the field just the way you like it but because you can’t run a decent punter out there they really need to make a stop now. Can they?

H2P

Punting has been an absolute disaster for 2 years in a row. Also, Pitt should’ve been using their TOs there; they kick off to start the second half

Unreal. The let Duke run the clock to zero. Now there's not nearly enough time for a Pitt offensive series after Duke gets a FG or TD

Long drives that take forever to score points allow teams to hang around and then you combine it with terrible special teams that flip the field for the opponent and this is what you get.

Congrats Narduzzi, your precious defense gets to stay off the field just the way you like it but because you can’t run a decent punter out there they really need to make a stop now. Can they?

H2P
You’d think Duzz would covet an awesome punter since they position is really a defensive weapon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT