ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Duke Gamethread

The inability to score is still worrisome. Defense looks amazing but games like this give me a very uneasy feeling.

What? It would be really stupid to not try a hail Mary there. It's a free chance to score, albeit a low percentage chance. But if you watched the Miami - Virginia Tech game this afternoon you know that scoring on a hail Mary on the last play of the first half can completely change the momentum of the game.
What a joke... you think this is the pros...laughing my a$$ off

What a joke... you think this is the pros...laughing my a$$ off

What are you talking about? Pitt had a chance to throw a free hail Mary on the last play of the half. Why would they not do that? There was absolutely no downside to calling a time out there, and a very small upside that would have had a huge impact had it come off. You would literally have to be an idiot to let the clock run out there and not throw the hail Mary. You would have to have been even stupider that that to have done your suggestion and taken a knee.

Attaway to make them pay! 26-3! Patrick Jones continues to be a one-man wrecking crew.

What are you talking about? Pitt had a chance to throw a free hail Mary on the last play of the half. Why would they not do that? There was absolutely no downside to calling a time out there, and a very small upside that would have had a huge impact had it come off. You would literally have to be an idiot to let the clock run out there and not throw the hail Mary. You would have to have been even stupider that that to have done your suggestion and taken a knee.

You could also possibly get a pass interference on the play and you would then be in FG range.

You’re clueless. ... the way Pitt pass blocks that play could be a disaster....they wasted tons of time on that drive. If you want to try to score the use your time wisely and try. You don’g fritter your time away. let the clock go down to one second and then throw a pass with one sec. Tomlin May hire you...

Duke can run this all day...they’ll never come back lol.
They ran it against Alabama a lot. It’s good at keeping the game close and controlling the clock at the beginning of the game. Terrible if you’re down 23, though...

You’re clueless. ... the way Pitt pass blocks that play could be a disaster....they wasted tons of time on that drive. If you want to try to score the use your time wisely and try. You don’g fritter your time away. let the clock go down to one second and then throw a pass with one sec. Tomlin May hire you...

Sometimes you post stuff so dumb that I think you must just be trolling everyone. And then you double down on the stupid and prove that you really have no idea what you are talking about.

This is one of those times. I mean seriously, you thought that rather than try a hail Mary from the Duke 42 yard line that Pitt should have taken a knee. And you don't realize how completely stupid that would be.

Stats:

Pickett 22/35 158 yds

Sibley 10 carries 56 yards

Mack 8 catches 73 yards

Ffrench 10 catches 54 yards

It’s weird that I’m not hearing ANY marching band at all in this game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT