ADVERTISEMENT

PITT VS GEORGIA TECH GAME THREAD ........

Players have to execute but there are so many coaching question marks. Time for a change and a new vision.

holy cow. Do you think Pitt is Alabama? This bad team beat Miami remember?

You can’t mention that without also saying they lost to the Citadel. The Miami game was an outlier, this is a horrible GT team any way you look at it.

Doesn’t matter though, still a conference win on the road.

You can’t mention that without also saying they lost to the Citadel. The Miami game was an outlier, this is a horrible GT team any way you look at it.

Doesn’t matter though, still a conference win on the road.

So what? I don’t understand the point. Pitt is taking care of business either way. Pitt is clearly the better team

Reactions: BFo8
Amen! He is THE back no doubt

I think the other guys have some talent and value also, am still of the opinion AJ the best of the bunch and deserves the lions share of the carries.

I get what they’re doing trying to always go with the hot hand, but hard to inspire any real confidence or let a back get into a rhythm that way.

So what? I don’t understand the point. Pitt is taking care of business either way. Pitt is clearly the better team

WTF?

Again, if pitt was about to be 8-1, and had been beating up on opponents and this was a hiccup...ok...

However, we just lost to
Miami. Got beat soundly by Virginia. Nearly lost to
Delaware. Nearly blew the Duke game. Nearly blew the cuse game. Didn’t do
Great against Ohio.

If it was one game, ok...but this has been a recurring theme. The only reason pitt is about to be 6-3 is because the schedule is incredibly soft.

Reactions: docpanther26

My point is it’s a little disingenuous to point out that they beat Miami, that’s not really who they are this year. It does show that on a given day anyone can beat anyone though. Truth be told GT is a lot closer to the Citadel this year than they are to Miami.

Their offense is still getting accustomed to not running the option, they don’t really have the recruits yet to run a different offense. I see them as being a much improved team next season.

We agree on that, I’ve been pumping up his abilities since early in the season when most were disparaging him.

I think V Davis or sibley May turn out good too , they each have ability. But AJ is clearly the horse type back we need to feed.

Jeez, some of you guys must be a blast at parties.

This wasn’t the most impressive performance but it’s a conference road win. Pitt isn’t a top tier, 11 win team. A 6-3 record is reasonable for them and the amount of talent they have at this point. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t ask for more as fans, but let’s be reasonable. One thing I do agree with is that the offense in the second half of games has been awful all year. It’s a bit concerning that it hasn’t gotten better.

Jeez, some of you guys must be a blast at parties.

This wasn’t the most impressive performance but it’s a conference road win. Pitt isn’t a top tier, 11 win team. A 6-3 record is reasonable for them and the amount of talent they have at this point. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t ask for more as fans, but let’s be reasonable. One thing I do agree with is that the offense in the second half of games has been awful all year. It’s a bit concerning that it hasn’t gotten better.

The concern is the lack of talent - on offense.

Not being snarky - what’s a reasonable timeframe? This is year 5 and all Duzz’s team. And the talent on offense is not good.

And of course who knows what next year brings but I don’t see an offense that’s just ready to bust out.

Georgia Tech HC seems like a great guy.
That team will be good in a few years.
Hope Pitt keeps getting better.

He gets a pass this year as much as any HC in the country. They play hard every time I’ve seen them, which is a good sign moving forward. Hard not to get discouraged when your offense is that bad.

I can’t disagree that he’s part of the problem too. But I still think the talent is sub par.

The talent is a bigger problem than the OC this year. Top playmakers can overcome a subpar offensive line. A great offensive line can make average skill position players look good. Pitt has neither. There isn't a single player on offense that scares a defense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT