ADVERTISEMENT

PITT VS GEORGIA TECH GAME THREAD ........

Handled business. Suck it nitter loving haters p
If your a team like Clemson, Alabama or for that matter, even psu, you can play a terrible game against an inferior opponent like GT and say "we handled business". Pitt on the other hand, needs to out and pound the crap out of a team like GT. It will help them put rear ends in those yellow seats at Heinz Field. It will also help them with recruiting and getting noticed nationally.
Pitt has shown that it doesn't care about becoming an elite program.
Finishing with a 7-5, 6-6 or 5-7 record appears to keep everyone in the AD happy.

If your a team like Clemson, Alabama or for that matter, even psu, you can play a terrible game against an inferior opponent like GT and say "we handled business". Pitt on the other hand, needs to out and pound the crap out of a team like GT. It will help them put rear ends in those yellow seats at Heinz Field. It will also help them with recruiting and getting noticed nationally.
Finishing with a 7-5, 6-6 or 5-7 record appears to keep everyone in the AD happy.
Pitt and GT are very similar. The comparisons for Pitt are: BC and GT. We have nothing in common with Bama, Ohio St, Clemson, etc.

For those folks who like to quote stats, I hope you heard them say on the telecast that Ffrench and Mack are the receiving duo in the country. HAHAHAHA!!!

"They dont care about xxxx" is the dumbest thing people continue to say. Of course theyd love to be elite. They are at a significant handicap behind the elite programs, along with about 90% of college programs. Doesnt mean they dont care.

For those folks who like to quote stats, I hope you heard them say on the telecast that Ffrench and Mack are the receiving duo in the country. HAHAHAHA!!!
We are 6-3, but yet there will be about 25k fans at our next home game. It is amazing that people like you still wonder why we will not spend $6 million on a new HC, and question why the AD isn’t committed to winning. You are pointing the finger in the wrong direction.

We are 6-3, but yet there will be about 25k fans at our next home game. It is amazing that people like you still wonder why we will not spend $6 million on a new HC, and question why the AD isn’t committed to winning. You are pointing the finger in the wrong direction.

I think our fanbase sucks, but I don’t blame people for bailing on the next game. The loss to Miami was extremely deflating and even though they are 6-3 it feels like they aren’t all that good of a team.

This is the softest schedule they’ve had since the Chryst years and they really aren’t taking advantage.

Pitt and GT are very similar. The comparisons for Pitt are: BC and GT. We have nothing in common with Bama, Ohio St, Clemson, etc.
Especially when you look at the pathetic fan and alumni support. Pitt is last in support but a handful want Clemson results. I will give you odds that the guys who bitch the loudest and most often are do nothing in terms of support.

Especially when you look at the pathetic fan and alumni support. Pitt is last in support but a handful want Clemson results. I will give you odds that the guys who bitch the loudest and most often are do nothing in terms of support.

i don’t want Clemson results...I think averaging 8 wins per year though shouldn’t be an unattainable goal and in a year like this year with a poop schedule nine wins should be a possibility.

Reactions: YourPittDanceTeam
"They dont care about xxxx" is the dumbest thing people continue to say. Of course theyd love to be elite. They are at a significant handicap behind the elite programs, along with about 90% of college programs. Doesnt mean they dont care.
Exactly what significant handicap are you referring to? The only significant handicap that I know of, is their lack of a true home field AND running a high school offense.
Hey, I'm glad that they are 6-3. But, I must admit that the thoughts of seeing that dink and dunk offense go up against teams like UNC, VT or BC, 6-6 is a very real possibility and that would be disappointing.

Exactly what significant handicap are you referring to? The only significant handicap that I know of, is their lack of a true home field AND running a high school offense.
Hey, I'm glad that they are 6-3. But, I must admit that the thoughts of seeing that dink and dunk offense go up against teams like UNC, VT or BC, 6-6 is a very real possibility and that would be disappointing.

I agree they need to step it up, but those 3 teams you named are all pedestrian. None are even bowl eligible yet.

DiehardPanther..."People like me", what exactly are those people like? I've been a season ticket holder (of 6 seats) for the last 28 years. I've been to every home game, with the exception of when I was in the ICU for an illness.
That includes the games when there was pouring down rain, snow blowing sideways, 85+ degree heat with the sun shining in my face for 4+ hours.
I don't want Pitt to spend $6 million on a new HC, Narduzzi is the perfect fit for this program. That being said, his choice of an OC is horrendous. Think about it, if Whipple was such a good QB guru and OC, why isn't he doing that in the NFL?
Lastly, until Heather Lyke addresses the #1 problem with the Pitt athletic department (the lack of a true home field), I will question her commitment towards the football program winning.

I agree they need to step it up, but those 3 teams you named are all pedestrian. None are even bowl eligible yet.
That's my point. Those 3 teams are "pedestrian" and Pitt should be able to defeat them all, BUT when your offense struggles against teams you should beat, that's a problem.

i don’t want Clemson results...I think averaging 8 wins per year though shouldn’t be an unattainable goal and in a year like this year with a poop schedule nine wins should be a possibility.

And our fan support is actually good for the way Pitt has performed since about 1982. Cincinnati cranks out 10 win seasons routinely. The problem with Pitt is Pitt. Not the fans or anything else.

Reactions: brickfhouse
DiehardPanther..."People like me", what exactly are those people like? I've been a season ticket holder (of 6 seats) for the last 28 years. I've been to every home game, with the exception of when I was in the ICU for an illness.
That includes the games when there was pouring down rain, snow blowing sideways, 85+ degree heat with the sun shining in my face for 4+ hours.
I don't want Pitt to spend $6 million on a new HC, Narduzzi is the perfect fit for this program. That being said, his choice of an OC is horrendous. Think about it, if Whipple was such a good QB guru and OC, why isn't he doing that in the NFL?
Lastly, until Heather Lyke addresses the #1 problem with the Pitt athletic department (the lack of a true home field), I will question her commitment towards the football program winning.
diehard thinks he knows everything and his good will , will save Pitt from 7-5.

The bozos still complaining over a win tonight seem to forget GT had two weeks to prepare for this game

And they lost 20-10 with Pitt giving them 3 turnovers... the refs handing them bullshit penalties like roughing the passer and ... lol..”targeting “...

And STILL lost 20-10... at home for homecoming

Go to bed... I was there... it never felt like a loss and Pitt would have blown their asses out without all the gifts provided I mentioned earlier

The bozos still complaining over a win tonight seem to forget GT had two weeks to prepare for this game

And they lost 20-10 with Pitt giving them 3 turnovers... the refs handing them bullshit penalties like roughing the passer and ... lol..”targeting “...

And STILL lost 20-10... at home for homecoming

Go to bed... I was there... it never felt like a loss and Pitt would have blown their asses out without all the gifts provided I mentioned earlier

GT is bad. We have played three horrible offensive teams in a row and managed to lose one of those games because our offense was worse.

Reactions: bwh05
And our fan support is actually good for the way Pitt has performed since about 1982. Cincinnati cranks out 10 win seasons routinely. The problem with Pitt is Pitt. Not the fans or anything else.

Pitt has been middle of the pack in the p5 with on the field performance yet near the bottom in financial support from the fans. I think the support is lacking.

Agree with you that pitt shoulders part of the blame, especially what happened in the 90s, but the fans deserve part of the blame as well. It's both imo.

1) He did do it in the NFL
2) So Nick Saban is a shitty coach because he didnt do well in the nfl?

BTW the second pick was entirely on the tight end

It wasn’t a great pass but you gotta catch that

BTW pt 2

None of the remaining games if anyone is paying attention are gimmies. VT almost beat ND UNC almost beat UVA and BC absolutely crushed Syracuse at the dome

Other teams are trying to win too.

But I do ask that Pitt clean up errors

You you can’t do much about fake targeting or phantom roughing the passer though

BTW pt 2

None of the remaining games if anyone is paying attention are gimmies. VT almost beat ND UNC almost beat UVA and BC absolutely crushed Syracuse at the dome

Other teams are trying to win too.

But I do ask that Pitt clean up errors

You you can’t do much about fake targeting or phantom roughing the passer though

NCs offense looks very good. The thing that concerns me is that the offense and KP In particular is struggling. The offense will need to get back on track or they will lose all three.

let’s hope they use the open week to get the offense back on track

Reactions: DruidTM
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT