ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs. Miami Game Thread

Penalties, turnovers, dropped passes, missed tackles... Every week Narduzzi says we need to clean up the mistakes, and every week it’s the same sh*t...

The next time a receiver drops a pass, they need to sit their asses on the bench...

Now, let the idiot posts begin...

It’s games like this where you know Pitt is just destined to be mediocre. I hate feeling that way. But you will never be a great program losing games like this. And Pitt always loses these type of games.

lol they weren’t great this year! Offense has struggled all season and it bit them today

Reactions: martingale
If you want to be mad at the coaching staff, then it's for the talent we have on offense.
Our wrs are not elite talents , we don't have a good qb, nor do we have a rushing attack that can make up the difference.

I can disagree on plays but the real problem is lack of talent on offense. I don't see how game day coaching can consistently make up for that.

Like I said earlier in this thread hopefully Pitt’s running game can be more efficient next season.

not sure what you do about receivers who can’t catch

If you want to be mad at the coaching staff, then it's for the talent we have on offense.
Our wrs are not elite talents , we don't have a good qb, nor do we have a rushing attack that can make up the difference.

I can disagree on plays but the real problem is lack of talent on offense. I don't see how game day coaching can consistently make up for that.

No be mad at the coaches. We ran lead left 3 times with 4 and a half minutes to go up 2 points. That’s absolutely idiotic

Reactions: SisadaPITT

If Pickett had Clemson's receivers to throw to, everyone would consider him to be an excellent QB. Pitt's WRs don't make exceptional plays, and consistently drop easy passes.

According to scouting this game shouldn’t have been close. Miami should have destroyed Pitt.

losing to UVA and PSU ended title chances for this season anyway. Shore up the offensive line and get some talented wideouts for next year

Horrible offensive calls on the series when getting the ball back up 12-10. Three up the middle after the whole last series we had success running outside on Miami.

Too many drops in this game.

Reactions: pittmeister
Too many close games in a row, no one wins them all like that.

I think most rational people knew this wasn’t a great team, just need to make sure there’s no hangover next week against a lousy GT team. Still lots to play for this season.

Reactions: pittmeister
I still don't know how people like Whipple.
Horrible execution all day by the players. He didn’t call a perfect game, but drops and so-so QB play stalled a number of drives. That is what lost the game not Whipple, though that 3-and-out with the 12-10 lead sure was questionable.

Reactions: H2P-2014
I don't blame Whipple at all for not trusting Pickett and the pass pro with a lead. They looked FCS level today.

Horrible execution all day by the players. He didn’t call a perfect game, but drops and so-so QB play stalled a number of drives. That is what lost the game not Whipple, though that 3-and-out with the 12-10 lead sure was questionable.

THIS! Bullseye! Bingo!

The drive with 4 min to go where they went 3 and out decided the game.

Agree totally needed 3-4 first downs flip the field and give them the ball with a few minutes and no timeouts if they drive and score hand it to them. But we run 3 times and punt game over and a terrible punt at that

Reactions: SisadaPITT
They hadn’t drove the field on us all game. Punting away after three runs was the right call. As good as our defense played they lost us the game

I blame the coaches for playcalling not to lose instead of playing to win. The turnovers and dropped passes were terrible. But not calling a time out and going for on 4th and 1 from the goal line is once again the gutless call that lost us a game we should have won

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT