ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs. Miami Game Thread

And suddenly I’m less excited about going to the GT game...

I’m sure they’ll make that another way too close win or outright loss

They hadn’t drove the field on us all game. Punting away after three runs was the right call. As good as our defense played they lost us the game

The playcalling on that drive, not the punting after three dive plays was a BIG REASON WE LOST, you reached deep on that to cover for Duzz Lol

Reactions: bwh05
Horrible execution all day by the players. He didn’t call a perfect game, but drops and so-so QB play stalled a number of drives. That is what lost the game not Whipple, though that 3-and-out with the 12-10 lead sure was questionable.

It was balls all over. And hopefully no flukie crap goes down this year where a crap Pitt team gets into the championship game, so this bonehead can't bail himself out. He has no excuse next year.

Just left the game, defend what? a loss?

Considering I took Miami and 5.5 Im good. It was the exact game I expected. I have been saying all week this was a bad matchup and would be a nail biter.

Congrats on getting the best number available. Had Pitt went for it on 4th and goal your play was coming down to the 2 point conversion.

Who called the gutless plays before we punted for the loss, that is who lost this game

he didn’t want to turn the ball over. Typical mindset of a defense first head coach. Had we passed the receivers would have just dropped the ball anyway, lol

Against psu???

What do you mean bro

Today’s game, what the hell are you babbling about?

Oh I get it, you’re doing the shill role. Maybe it was the right call and maybe it wasn’t, but don’t act like going for a TD there instead of a FG there wasn’t an option.

Today’s game, what the hell are you babbling about?

Oh I get it, you’re doing the shill role. Maybe it was the right call and maybe it wasn’t, but don’t act like going for a TD there instead of a FG there wasn’t an option.

Todays game? When it was 4th and 2 at the 2 yard line down 10-9? Who the freak would go for a TD there with our offense? We cant run the Pitt special every week. If you are winning by 4 or something, then sure go for it, but we were losing, and could barely get 2 yards all game

If Pickett had Clemson's receivers to throw to, everyone would consider him to be an excellent QB. Pitt's WRs don't make exceptional plays, and consistently drop easy passes.

It's not just the receivers and tight ends. The entire offense is not that talented. We are not very athletic on offense and when we have good athletic ability, the football talents are inconsistent.

Reactions: brickfhouse
The next to last series on offense lost the game. The play calling was a complete disgrace. Anyone who thinks that was ok isn’t smart

The next to last series on offense lost the game. The play calling was a complete disgrace. Anyone who thinks that was ok isn’t smart[/QUOTE]

100 CORRECT. Duzz can't be defended either

You’re probably right. At the end of the day, I just find the childish overreactions a bit unnecessary.

People get emotional about sports. In 24 hours I’d bet he’d say it differently although I could be wrong. I used to get way into it myself. Now it’s something to pass the time if I have nothing else going on. If my team wins, great. If not, on with the rest of the day. But some are like that until their last breath.

Yes the defense gave up a drive at the end but in no way is this loss on them. They gave up 16 total points with the offense giving Miami two turnovers on a short field.

We didn’t get the pressure as in previous games consistently but the D played well.

Todays game? When it was 4th and 2 at the 2 yard line down 10-9? Who the freak would go for a TD there with our offense? We cant run the Pitt special every week. If you are winning by 4 or something, then sure go for it, but we were losing, and could barely get 2 yards all game

Sigh

People get emotional about sports. In 24 hours I’d bet he’d say it differently although I could be wrong. I used to get way into it myself. Now it’s something to pass the time if I have nothing else going on. If my team wins, great. If not, on with the rest of the day. But some are like that until their last breath.
Agreed, and I was the same way as well. I try to keep things in perspective most of the time, but that can be easier said than done.

Seriously. What planet are you on?

There is zero scenarios I would have went for it.

Maybe so, but you’re just a homer and not very bright. It wasn’t an obvious call either way and is certainly debatable. Of course I’m not very bright either for expecting you to comprehend that.

Reactions: SisadaPITT
Conceding a loss by taking the lead?

Look, if you are dumb as a rock, please dont reply to the message.

Your message makes zero sense.
A two point lead with 8 minutes and taking a knee on offense the quarter -
Yes it’s how you lose games you shouldn’t
Miami stinks and scored 2 tds so they won
We scored 0- so we lost

we had a chance to score 1
We failed to try

Seriously. What planet are you on?

There is zero scenarios I would have went for it.

come on man. It’s a call that is very debatable. To say it’s dumb to even think about going for it is as bad as the dopes who are excoriating him for kicking the field goal.

it’s one of those calls in a game where when you win it was brilliant and when you lose it was dumb. It was clearly a call that is valid to question

Reactions: BFo8
Maybe so, but you’re just a homer and not very bright. It wasn’t an obvious call either way and is certainly debatable. Of course I’m not very bright either for expecting you to comprehend that.

It’s completely an obvious call. Sorry, you’re incorrect

Ffrench had less than two yards to go for first down, he runs out of bounds. Similar play 5 yards from first down goes head to head with a monster. Too many times we get really bad drops, stupid penalties, and players doing questionable things.

come on man. It’s a call that is very debatable. To say it’s dumb to even think about going for it is as bad as the dopes who are excoriating him for kicking the field goal.

it’s one of those calls in a game where when you win it was brilliant and when you lose it was dumb. It was clearly a call that is valid to question

No... it really isnt debatable.

You are losing, in the 4th quarter. You have a horrible offense and a great defense. 100 out of 100 times you kick the fg.

What possible reason would you have trying to get 2.5 yards on 4th down there??? Furthermore, we still woulda lost. So what is the point?

No... it really isnt debatable.

You are losing, in the 4th quarter. You have a horrible offense and a great defense. 100 out of 100 times you kick the fg.

What possible reason would you have trying to get 2.5 yards on 4th down there??? Furthermore, we still woulda lost. So what is the point?
I find it hilarious you defend a strategy that led
To a loss -
Because change may have meant losing .

you love to not try to win

This is pretty much my point except you explained it a little better.

I said in the other thread why I would’ve gone for it, and that it’s not like an automatic decision to kick there. If people want to point out how lousy Miami’s kickers are that’s a very valid point, but no one on here is really saying that.

Instead they keep arguing the you have to take the lead there point, which isn’t really that great an argument when you look at the whole picture.

To a loss -

Not at all. I defend the right decision.

It is ridiculous to think you should go for it down 10-9 at the other teams 2. Again, show me any examples of this. Its like saying you should use a driver to tap in a putt.

I am defending the choice, its an obvious decision. I think the PSU game was a horrible decision, just stupid, I will say that a million times over. I will side with what is the best decision.

To a loss -

We are wasting our time arguing with him. Had Narduzzi gone for it there and failed Stache would be saying it was 100% the right call and we’re idiots for questioning him.

Anything Narduzzi does is totally the right move in Stache’s eyes and will be so until he leaves. Then when a new guy is hired he’ll say how that guy is a genius and the greatest thing since sliced bread.

It’s what he does.

Reactions: H2P 2003
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT