ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs. Miami Game Thread

Ford’s was an obvious targeting no matter how much people on here don’t want it to be.

This one looked to me like Davis was the one that lowered his helmet and initiated contact, the way these calls have gone for Pitt this year we should be happy Davis wasn’t penalized.

I had no issue with the Ford call. I thought the opposing player there lowered their head as well. That’s why I’m confused. Or maybe I just don’t recall it correctly.

Reactions: H2P 2003
I had no issue with the Ford call. I thought the opposing player there lowered their head as well. That’s why I’m confused. Or maybe I just don’t recall it correctly.

I think the ford call, by letter of the rule, was the right call. I think the rule is dumb. This one was very similar and I don’t see any real difference.

Ford hit was not targeting he aimed at the player’s chest and the wideout lowered his head

Looks like the same old Perry to me. No freaking way this guy should be able to throw the ball down the field with any effectiveness against a decent defense. If we can get a lead and force him to throw he’s going to start turning it over.

Targeting should be limited to those who use their helmets as weapons. Spearing. Against defenseless players

Reactions: Teh Teh
I think the ford call, by letter of the rule, was the right call. I think the rule is dumb. This one was very similar and I don’t see any real difference.

no, they showed the rule on TV why can’t you people read it? Driving with your shoulder into the torso and the receiver quickly lowering his head into Ford is not targeting. Well it is targeting, but their receiver did the targeting not Ford

2 TO and tons of penalties in the 1st Q and we're tied at 3.

I'll take it. Clean it up and get this thing moving forward!

yeah,it was?

My point is a lot of people on here don’t watch a lot of football. That Hamlin play has happened multiple times in both college in the NFL this year and is a penalty every time, yet people on here acted like this was some new occurrence.

I thought the Ford play was borderline, but have seen a lot worse than that this year. The play today I didn’t think was even debatable.

Reactions: brickfhouse
Where is the roughing the passer call
There? He took a good three steps after he threw the ball and knocked down pickettZ

that said, terrible pass.

Pickett needs to get his head out of his posterior

the oline has been giving him good protection. No excuses

What the hell. That one wasn’t even close. They have to get their s**t together.

Eventually even a popgun offense like theirs is going to score if you keep turning it over.

Reactions: H2P 2003
Looks like defense will have to win this game! Boy does Pickett and play calling suck!

The team is not ready to play. Miami is focused. Need to wake up or this will be another putting effort

This is what would happen to Pitt’s offense if they were to play a team like Bama and their great athletes in the secondary. Nobody would be able to get open and unable to move the ball.

Hopefully the offensive line improves next season and they can start running the ball

This is going to be the game that narduzzi’s complete inability to recruit offensive players kills us.

I hate to say it, but this is beginning to look like a classic let-down game. Need to pick it up...

10 points off Pickett turnovers. The fumble was probably the biggest one as Pitt was having a good drive!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT