ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Miami Gamethread

Why are you assuming because the receiver caught it it was automatically a good pass?

I don't assume that. Why are you assuming that the guy who isn't playing and who has never actually showed anything is obviously the right guy to be playing? Because he threw one good looking pass, and that's it.

Anyone can read a stat sheet. Did you not see the last several completions? Made an awful throw that Wayne made a great catch on for a big completion. Why are you assuming because the receiver caught it it was automatically a good pass?
Yellen is doing ok. Beville had a 2-year head start on him so I’d say it’s obvious who is more talented.

Reactions: BFo8
Serious question, are you somehow connected to Beville or his family/friends/coaches in some way?

Yellen has obviously been far from perfect, but considering the circumstances he has played about as well as can be expected to this point. Pitt is in position to win this game with a big 4th quarter, something few thought coming in.

Beville has been in the system almost 2 years now, if the coaches thought he was the best option he’d be in there.

The last 2 seasons Pitt has scored 3 points (2018) and 12 points (2019) against Miami, it’s not like this team has had a lot of recent success against them.
Serious question, why would anyone trust this staff’s opinion? If you know the QB position, Yellen is not playing well. Yeah we might not like the announcers on TV, but listen to what they’re saying. Every other throw it’s “wow, risky throw by Yellen that’s somehow caught.” That’s what is continuously happening.

He’s lobbing throws into the middle of the field that with more touch go for even bigger gains, maybe even touchdowns.... and make for a much easier play for the receiver.

I don't assume that. Why are you assuming that the guy who isn't playing and who has never actually showed anything is obviously the right guy to be playing? Because he threw one good looking pass, and that's it.
Because Yellen with more opportunity, can barely even claim to have done that.

Both defenses are going to be exhausted with how often they’re coming back on the field.

Because Yellen with more opportunity, can barely even claim to have done that.

OK, now I get it. You'd rather we play someone who looks the part but might not get the results rather than someone who doesn't always look pretty but is actually completing passes (or at least the ones that we aren't dropping).

That's a bold choice. Most people would rather see the guy who is getting results rather than the guy who just looks the part.

So Beatty has been here 2 seasons and Pitt will likley lead the nation in drops again

It was called back, but Beville completed a pass that was a better thrown ball than Yellen had come close to throwing at that point. Since then Yellen has continuously gotten bailed out by his receivers and the Miami defense.

Im not saying Beville is already an all-conference caliber player and he should be the new starter. But they put him in for a series, he looked comfortable, and they go back to the guy who was lobbing up softballs, misfiring on screens, and can’t even move quickly enough to throw the ball away.

If Pickett were in today and getting the help from his receivers that Yellen is (that Pickett never gets), he’d have damn near 400 yards passing and 4 TDs already.
U funny. Bailed out? They drop more big plays then most teams

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
OK, now I get it. You'd rather we play someone who looks the part but might not get the results rather than someone who doesn't always look pretty but is actually completing passes (or at least the ones that we aren't dropping).

That's a bold choice. Most people would rather see the guy who is getting results rather than the guy who just looks the part.
Yellen is consistently floating passes into the middle of the field. Even the announcers just mentioned it, he’s seeing open receivers, but he’s floating balls there that need more touch. Luckily the receivers are catching some of those and the DBs aren’t making plays on them.

And this is still with only a little more than 50% completion percentage. How long do you think he can even continue to make such poor throws and get away with it? I mean if you survive a round of Russian roulette are you gonna play again because it worked the last time?

Yes, the offense has done much better with him at QB than I ever thought they could today. But he’s done absolutely nothing more than you’d expect any backup QB to and realistically probably less.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT