ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Miami Gamethread

U funny. Bailed out? They drop more big plays then most teams
They do, but watch any of Yellen’s completions more than 10 yards downfield. They’re almost all terrible throws that somebody somehow came down with.

Well, we could be Syracuse, getting spanked by Liberty.

Dino Babers stinks something awful as a head coach, but does have a good offensive mind. If he’s booted after this season I would favor him as OC over Whipple easily.

Serious question, why would anyone trust this staff’s opinion? If you know the QB position, Yellen is not playing well. Yeah we might not like the announcers on TV, but listen to what they’re saying. Every other throw it’s “wow, risky throw by Yellen that’s somehow caught.” That’s what is continuously happening.

He’s lobbing throws into the middle of the field that with more touch go for even bigger gains, maybe even touchdowns.... and make for a much easier play for the receiver.
Dumb

They do, but watch any of Yellen’s completions more than 10 yards downfield. They’re almost all terrible throws that somebody somehow came down with.

I have no idea what you’re watching.

Yellen is consistently floating passes into the middle of the field. Even the announcers just mentioned it, he’s seeing open receivers, but he’s floating balls there that need more touch. Luckily the receivers are catching some of those and the DBs aren’t making plays on them.

And this is still with only a little more than 50% completion percentage. How long do you think he can even continue to make such poor throws and get away with it? I mean if you survive a round of Russian roulette are you gonna play again because it worked the last time?

Yes, the offense has done much better with him at QB than I ever thought they could today. But he’s done absolutely nothing more than you’d expect any backup QB to and realistically probably less.
Did he steal your girlfriend or something? At least that would be some kinda reason as to why he should be a Heisman candidate in first start with your standards.

Yellen is consistently floating passes into the middle of the field. Even the announcers just mentioned it, he’s seeing open receivers, but he’s floating balls there that need more touch. Luckily the receivers are catching some of those and the DBs aren’t making plays on them.

And this is still with only a little more than 50% completion percentage. How long do you think he can even continue to make such poor throws and get away with it? I mean if you survive a round of Russian roulette are you gonna play again because it worked the last time?

Yes, the offense has done much better with him at QB than I ever thought they could today. But he’s done absolutely nothing more than you’d expect any backup QB to and realistically probably less.

I guess that's the difference between you and I. I would rather see a guy throw an ugly pass that gets completed and you'd rather see a guy throw the most beautiful ball in the history of football that falls incomplete.

I care a lot more about the results than the way that it looks. You care a lot more about the way that it looks. Which does make you kind of unique, so you've got that going for you, which is nice.

Reactions: bwh05
I have no idea what you’re watching.
Exactly the same thing the announcers are apparently. Whilst still noting Yellen hasn’t had a bad game at all, that’s literally all they’ve talked about the entire time Pitt is on offense.

Whipple with the cherry on top. Instead of throwing short he goes deep. Then takes his best Wr out of the game on fourth down

Did he steal your girlfriend or something? At least that would be some kinda reason as to why he should be a Heisman candidate in first start with your standards.
Asking someone to have a better arm than a 4th grader is now a Heisman candidate..... that’s classic.

Exactly the same thing the announcers are apparently. Whilst still noting Yellen hasn’t had a bad game at all, that’s literally all they’ve talked about the entire time Pitt is on offense.

Cmon man, nearly all these announcers never have a clue as to what’s going on on the field. They are less knowledgeable for the most part than your average fan.

Reactions: Millerton
Yellen threw a perfect pass to Addison, the db grabs his arm before the pass gets there, nothing called

There was however a nice blitz pickup by AJ Davis on the 4th down play. He seems to be the only RB even remotely capable of that.

Dino Babers stinks something awful as a head coach, but does have a good offensive mind. If he’s booted after this season I would favor him as OC over Whipple easily.
You mean the guy who stuck with Devito way tooooooo loooooong?

Ever watch Peyton Manning throw? He threw some crazy wobbly passes at times

That was pretty funny about when Arians talked about all of the great QB's he has coached. Peyton obviously on top before he had coached Brady. He loved Ben and let him do the play calling which he had never done. Palmer was better under him. Then when he was asked about the biggest difference between Brady and Manning he said "Well Tom throws spirals",

You mean the guy who stuck with Devito way tooooooo loooooong?

Not all Devito’s fault to put it mildly, that team sucks on the line on both sides of the ball. Babers inherited some good talent and has decimated that program since then.

Would be a big step up as an OC here though.

I guess that's the difference between you and I. I would rather see a guy throw an ugly pass that gets completed and you'd rather see a guy throw the most beautiful ball in the history of football that falls incomplete.

I care a lot more about the results than the way that it looks. You care a lot more about the way that it looks. Which does make you kind of unique, so you've got that going for you, which is nice.
This isn’t an either/or scenario. Your QB needs to give the receivers the best chance at catching the football. Yellen isn’t doing that, they’re just somehow still making plays.... odd because they drop the easiest passes imaginable time and time again.

If Yellen wants to be successful for more than just today, he needs to throw a better ball. This isn’t him having some weird throwing motion and me claiming you have to have perfect form to play QB here. He is literally lobbing balls into the middle of the field that could easily be picked off, when a better thrown ball results in an easy first down if not more.

Was he terrible today? No. But his statistics everyone is crazy about very easily could have been a lot worse.

You clearly are a family member of Beville’s. Yellen was fine. I am encouraged for the future actually.

Reactions: BFo8 and bwh05
Cmon man, nearly all these announcers never have a clue as to what’s going on on the field. They are less knowledgeable for the most part than your average fan.
This isn’t exactly something that takes a vast amount of knowledge. You can clearly see balls floating in the air for way too long. Yellen wasn’t bad but he had very poor touch on his passes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT