ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs NC State resume comparison

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Comparing wins and losses

Both won their home games and lost their road games vs Miami

NC State beat Duke at home. Pitt lost at and ACCT to Duke.

Pitt swept UNC. NC State split

Pitt beat Virginia at home. NC State lost on the road.

NC State beat Vandy in Chicago. Pitt lost on the road

Pitt beat GT 3 times. NC State twice.

Pitt beat BC at home. NC State won on the road

Pitt swept Syracuse. NC State lost on the road.

NC State swept VT. Pitt lost on the road

NC State swept Wake. Pitt won at home

NC State won vs ND. Pitt lost on the road

NC State beat FSU at home. Pitt lost at home and won on the road.

Pitt lost to Clemson at home. NC State lost 3 times.

Pitt swept Louisville. NC State won at home.

Pitt won at NW. NC State beat Dayton in 🇧🇸

NC State beat Dayton in 🇧🇸. Pitt lost to VCU in Brooklyn

NC State lost to Kansas in 🇧🇸. Pitt lost to Michigan in Brooklyn (this isnt an equal comparison to NCSU's advantage)

Pitt lost to WVU at home. NC State beat Furman at home (Furman NCAAT Quad 3 but not equal to WVU)

Both won 6 Q4 games at home.

Pitt won at NC State

Without the head to head, its close, maybe a slight advantage to NC State. But the Pitt road win at NC State swings it heavily in our favor. That's the perfect "tiebreaker" for resumes that are very close.

Yep like I have been saying on here if head to head matchups within the conference arent gonna matter any then don’t play the damn games. Pitt’s head to head win over NC State on the road gives them the advantage and the tiebreaker should it come down to one or the other getting in the tournament.

Yep like I have been saying on here if head to head matchups within the conference arent gonna matter any then don’t play the damn games. Pitt’s head to head win over NC State on the road gives them the advantage and the tiebreaker should it come down to one or the other getting in the tournament.
We should be in over NC St. IMO Clemson should be in over both us and NC St.

We should be in over NC St. IMO Clemson should be in over both us and NC St.

Clemson should be much higher up the board. A million percent over NC State. And yes, MAYBE over us.

They beat Duke. We beat UVa.

We both won at NC St. They have have 2 extra Ws there.

We won at NW. They beat PSU at home.

We swept UNC. They lost on the road.

They lost at South Carolina. We lost at Vandy (Q3 loss vs Q1 loss)

The issue is SOS.

We have 6 Q4 home wins. They have 4 + a Q3 home win vs Towson and Q4 neutral win vs Q3 Cal

They have a neutral court loss to Q4 Loyola. We have one to Q2 VCU.

They have a home win over Q3 Richmond. We have a Q1 loss to WVU.

They have a neutral win over Q3 Towson. We have a neutral loss to Q2 Michigan

And then of course, they beat us at home.

Their problem is their schedule is so much weaker. Its not their fault that Loyola, Cal, and South Carolina were so bad but going 1-2 there is killer. I dont think their SOS makes up for beating us. That said, if I am being completely unbiased, I think you can make an argument for Clemson over us. No argument can be made for NC State over Clemson or NC State over Pitt

Why shouldn't all three (Pitt/NC St/Clemson) get to the NCAAT? Even if one of them has to play @ Dayton?

NC State's resume is awful. I don't have them in. Clemson is going to be my last team in. Pitt/ASU very close for 2nd and 3rd to last.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT