ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs SU Gamethread

Culpepper long TD pass a replay of last season. He did it twice.

Guy not consistent elnough to move ball consistently. Don't give up the big play.

1) Why run wildcat when offense has a rhythm going?
2) Why is 74 playing RT?
3) Why run on 3rd and 11 unless you plan on going for it on 4th?

Exactly.
Narduzzi plays it way too safe all the time. Which is a problem because we as a program need a coach that is willing to push the envelope. But Narduzzi by his nature is risk adverse.

Gotta keep telling myself that Syracuse outplayed UNC for more than 1/2 of last week's game. They've got some talent.

You come out flat like this and you are asking to get beat. Self-inflicted wounds from the players and coaching staff.

glad to see addison lower the should and get the first down on that last drive. so many players today have no sense of when to just get the sticks.

Someone just needs to take this drive out back and put it out of its misery...

Pickett continues to have zero pocket presence.
Even that pass to Addison where Addison moved the sticks. The pocket was clean and Pickett actually scrambled himself into the defender. He got lucky Cuse was playing so far off Addison to nail Pickett out.

Ugly! Some of it is obviously on the players, but here are the coaching issues.
1) Playing OL backups just to get them PT when you are losing.
2) Using the Wildcat when the offense had some rhythm.
3) Continuing to play AJ Davis in this game.
4) Not lining up properly on offense.
5) Some of the play calls are atrocious.

Last edited:
As a long time Pitt fan this feeling of let down and disappointment is so very familiar.. I pretty much associate this feeling with fall time..
That said, as a long time Pitt fan, despite my better judgment, I somehow think the second half will be different...
What's wrong with me ?

Reactions: JED_72
No shame being up 14-10 to Syracuse at halftime. How it occurred is the true Pitt fan experience though - team looks sleepy & sloppy, dumb mistakes, grind their way to a slim lead. Couldn't come out like a fairly well-oiled machine once in a while.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT