ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Ville Gamethread

Kenny should have run that. 3 points in the 2nd half. WTF is it with this offense and 2nd halves? They've moved the ball, can't complete.

Kenny should have run that. 3 points in the 2nd half. WTF is it with this offense and 2nd halves? They've moved the ball, can't complete.

Im too lazy to look it up, but Pitt has been outscored something fierce in the 2nd halves of games over the past few seasons.

Pickett's foolish sack on 1st down killed that drive. A Sr qb should know to throw the ball away instead of running out of bounds on 1st down.

Exactly. Between that stuff and keying on receivers for 4 years, I don’t know what else coaches can do with the kid

Why do they keep running it on first down? As much as Whipple sucks, their playcalling hasn’t exactly been the work of a genius.

The run for the 1st down wasn't there...
KP made the correct decision

Watch the replay from the start, middle opened up briefly like the Red Sea right after the snap. Shouldn’t have mattered as it was an easy pitch and catch, but a mobile QB like Pickett makes it easily if he makes the early decision to run.

Exactly. Between that stuff and keying on receivers for 4 years, I don’t know what else coaches can do with the kid

Ive always been a Pickett supporter, but willing to admit I expected a little more after all these starts. Seems like he’s been here forever and doesn’t seem to be getting much better.

Ive always been a Pickett supporter, but willing to admit I expected a little more after all these starts. Seems like he’s been here forever and doesn’t seem to be getting much better.
pickett is ok, i would relax there.

With a supposed QB guru mentoring him.

playing not to lose....must work some of the time because coaches keep doing it. let's see how it turn out for Pitt...

Pitt up by 3 but acting like they’re playing for OT

crissakes put this game away

Pickett has improved over the years but he still makes those simple, foolish mistakes that hurt the offense. On a whole, Pitt could do much worse at qb and I suspect we will look back at Pickett with some fondness..

He is better but he isn't good. The play calling is way to conservative and they never block the de when they run to the other side. Going to give the ball back to a explosive offense because on 2nd and 13 you run it into a wall again. They are acting like they are playing a game in 1965

Reactions: gary2 and bwh05
pickett is ok, i would relax there.

Gee, thought I was about as mild as you can get with my criticism there. There probably aren’t more than a couple QB’s in the country that have started as many games as he has. Definitely has his really good games, but is still very inconsistent at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT