ADVERTISEMENT

Portal SZN Tracker

I know, I was just talking about commits from the visitors

Commit from Dunn or Dixon on this visit? I'd take Dunn if I could only take one. This is where I actually agree with SMF about these guys being on one year contracts.

Dunn is a grad transfer, decent player with experience. You know he'll contribute and you can essentially pencil him in for certain amount of minutes and production.

Dixon is a wildcard. He commits, he may or may not even make it to campus. Does he stay after year one? What's his production as a freshman? Believe me I'd take him without the caveat of one or the other.

Commit from Dunn or Dixon on this visit? I'd take Dunn if I could only take one. This is where I actually agree with SMF about these guys being on one year contracts.

Dunn is a grad transfer, decent player with experience. You know he'll contribute and you can essentially pencil him in for certain amount of minutes and production.

Dixon is a wildcard. He commits, he may or may not even make it to campus. Does he stay after year one? What's his production as a freshman? Believe me I'd take him without the caveat of one or the other.

Not too familiar with Dixon but if he isnt going to contribute as a freshman, its a big risk to take that freshman because they will almost certainly transfer at some point and maybe before they ever contribute. Now, if you have an extra scholarship and dont have anyone else, may as well offer it. Of if you think he contributes, go ahead. But so few freshmen contribute anymore since major D1 has become an old man's game of mid-major transfers. Alabama went to a Final Four starting 4 upperclass MM transfers.

Want both but would rather have Dixon over Dunn, if made to choose.

I think we are getting Dixon over Virginia, Villanova, Syracuse, etc.. unless something major changes.

I would much rather have Dixon over Dunn given the choice. He is an instant impact freshmen and should make his way into the national top 50.

We have had the full court press on Dixon for 2 years now.

Reactions: Brock_45
I think we are getting Dixon over Virginia, Villanova, Syracuse, etc.. unless something major changes.

I would much rather have Dixon over Dunn given the choice. He is an instant impact freshmen and should make his way into the national top 50.

We have had the full court press on Dixon for 2 years now.
I'm confused. Dunn already committed and is a GR, no? Isn't Dixon a '25 recruit so Dunn won't even be here? I want both.

I'm confused. Dunn already committed and is a GR, no? Isn't Dixon a '25 recruit so Dunn won't even be here? I want both.

They will never play on the same team. I was responding to the person of who asked or stated who is better or will be better.

Dixon will be better than Dunn.

They will never play on the same team. I was responding to the person of who asked or stated who is better or will be better.

Dixon will be better than Dunn.
Obviously because Dunn is a 6th year senior and Derek Dixon is in the class of 2025

It’s also worth noting that the staff basically made Dunn their top backcourt target as soon as he entered the portal. He was at the top of their board last offseason, and it certainly seems like he was close to the top this year too.

Reactions: gary2
41% 3 point shooter Chibuzo Agbo from Boise is in the portal. You'd think he stays out west but this is the type of player we desperately need. He and Jamarius Burton played on the same Texas Tech team so maybe JB can put in a good word for us. He also isn't going to get crazy NIL.

BTW how loaded was that TT team? Chris Beard is insane. Mac McClung, Kevin McCullar, Terrance Shannon, Micah Peavey, etc. Burton couldn't even get a sniff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT