ADVERTISEMENT

Post-game comments from Hurley

Post-game interview

Bonus: "Sources also told ESPN that Pittsburgh is interested in Hurley, but he would prefer UConn over a Panthers program in which nine players have received their release to explore a transfer."

Well, the article details how Hurley doesn't give a sh!t about job openings while his season is going on and how his agent smart enough not to contact him because he knows how he is. But, ESPN got the inside scoop based on information released the day before Hurley's second round game.

I don't for one second think that Hurley even knew or cared that Pitt gave releases to players, and if he did know, the last thing he was going to do was comment to someone about it while he's preparing for Duke.

ESPN is becoming a clown show.

ESPN is very douche anymore. Can’t stand that Goodman fellow that works for them. Can’t stand the way he talks, robotic like

When it comes down to it I'm sure he'd prefer our money over uconn's lack thereof. They can't pay him shit.

Well, isn't it I n 2nd place behind NFL in viewership, especially in the sought after 18-35 male demo? I know the NBA finals usually beats the CFB championship and March Madness Championship.

Serious Clark?

CFB final ratings were 16 on cable and highest nba final was around 13 on network?

Reactions: omega
Well, the article details how Hurley doesn't give a sh!t about job openings while his season is going on and how his agent smart enough not to contact him because he knows how he is. But, ESPN got the inside scoop based on information released the day before Hurley's second round game.

I don't for one second think that Hurley even knew or cared that Pitt gave releases to players, and if he did know, the last thing he was going to do was comment to someone about it while he's preparing for Duke.

ESPN is becoming a clown show.
I’m guessing we can expect the announcement in the next couple of days that Hurley is either headed to UCONN or has agreed to a new long term deal with URI.

Well, isn't it I n 2nd place behind NFL in viewership, especially in the sought after 18-35 male demo? I know the NBA finals usually beats the CFB championship and March Madness Championship.
Personally I don’t see the appeal of NBA. Seems like a bunch of individuals casually shooting hoops. On the other hand I love college hoops. Maybe it’s the way NBA packages its product, or the way ESPN tries to force its supposed importance down our throats. Different strokes for different folks

Reactions: omega
Serious Clark?

CFB final ratings were 16 on cable and highest nba final was around 13 on network?

I haven't looked this up, but I recall hearing that the final game of the NBA finals had higher ratings than the CFB championship, but the CFB bested the other NBA games. It's somewhat apples and oranges though when you compare a series of games to one championship game.

Personally I don’t see the appeal of NBA. Seems like a bunch of individuals casually shooting hoops. On the other hand I love college hoops. Maybe it’s the way NBA packages its product, or the way ESPN tries to force its supposed importance down our throats. Different strokes for different folks

And I don't see the appeal of most college games. Seems like a bunch of untalented kids missing shots and fans pretending it's good defense.

I’m with you 100% on that.

Reactions: paulbl99
And I don't see the appeal of most college games. Seems like a bunch of untalented kids missing shots and fans pretending it's good defense.
I think the emotions we see every March from college coaches, players, and fans, versus the lack thereof from the NBA coaches, players and fans, underscores exactly why I love college basketball all and don’t give 2 shits about the NBA.

Reactions: FireballZ
"Listen, I could give a crap about who's got an opening anywhere," Hurley said.

"These seasons are long and hard, and for me, I'm just going to go into hibernation for a day and physically and emotionally try to recover. These five-month journeys take a lot out of you."

Until they start flashing the money and making it rain, then I bet he quickly comes back out of his hibernation feeling rejuvenated and begins caring.

More coach speak, and a nothing burger article. Goodman's sources are the little voices in his head hating on Pitt.

I think the emotions we see every March from college coaches, players, and fans, versus the lack thereof from the NBA coaches, players and fans, underscores exactly why I love college basketball all and don’t give 2 shits about the NBA.

And I certainly understand that attitude. I just prefer good basketball. And I don’t think the tournament makes up for four months of bad, boring basketball.

But to each their own.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
You’re missing some great hoops since the NBA is as good as its ever been. ESPN is pushing the NBA because they own rights to the NBA and want people watching it and their channels. If the NHL stayed with ESPN and didn’t exile itself to a channel that takes 20 minutes to find they’d get pushed down our throats too.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
You’re missing some great hoops since the NBA is as good as its ever been. ESPN is pushing the NBA because they own rights to the NBA and want people watching it and their channels. If the NHL stayed with ESPN and didn’t exile itself to a channel that takes 20 minutes to find they’d get pushed down our throats too.
Well, and ESPN has, in turn, taken a clear political and racial stance. It is no doubt hurting their business, but it also certainly best aligns with the NBA.

The NBA has really improved recently and I find the Sixers in particular a lot of fun to watch. But I can't get into it 100% until they bring back the Sonics (was my favorite team).

Last time I saw an NBA game, I kept wondering why Robert Parish was so mad.

I kept wondering how great the Bulls Michael Jordan was wow! Hard worker on both ends of the court too!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Reactions: PerchMan
And I certainly understand that attitude. I just prefer good basketball. And I don’t think the tournament makes up for four months of bad, boring basketball.

But to each their own.

I'll go with Bobby Knight over your opinion but each to their own.
"If the NBA was on channel five and a bunch of frogs making love were on channel four, I'd watch the frogs – even if they were coming in fuzzy."

Buzz Bissinger -The Daily Beast
"The game is in trouble and I don't think there is much dispute about that. Attendance was down last year and is slightly down so far this season. Although basketball is supposed to be a team game, it has become more one-on-one in the NBA than a boxing match. The style has changed and it is a definite turnoff."

Bissinger went on to explain how changing player demographics are hurting the NBA.

Older white males provide the primary financial support/attendance for the NBA and they aren't attending in the same numbers as before. One analyst suggested as the percentage of white players and more importantly American born white stars decreases so will the primary financial support for the NBA white males.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams

Last edited:

But to each their own.
But to each their own.

Agreed. There’s no right or wrong to one’s preferences.

Reactions: Ski11585
Older white males provide the primary financial support/attendance for the NBA and they aren't attending in the same numbers as before. One analyst suggested as the percentage of white players and more importantly American born white stars decreases so will the primary financial support for the NBA white males.

So you are saying that the NBA is losing the support of racists?

I wonder if that bothers them at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT