ADVERTISEMENT

Predicted Thread for ACC Tournament is favorable for Pitt

daytonpanther

Freshman
Nov 18, 2001
Obviously some shuffling will occur before it is firm, but I like the Pitt side of bracket if the tournament started today.

Pitt (1) faces Clemson (4), NC State (5), NC (8), Cuse (9), VT (12) and GT (13) Allows us to avoid Duke, FSU.

compared to VA (2) side facing Miami (3), Duke (6), Wake (7), along with BC, FSU, UL and ND.

Certainly NC State (crowd/home game) or Clemson are not pushovers but like those chances over Duke or Miami

Any lower seed catching fire seems a small odd this year, ND not the ND of the past. Always see Cuse get further on their defensive scheme than talent. Maybe VT can start a run based on talent.

I think you always hope for a lesser seed to get hot if you’re a double bye team. The perfect situation for a double bye team is running into one of those hot streak teams in the quarter or semi because it means you’re getting them on the third or fourth consecutive game day for them. Every team runs out of gas eventually.

Pitt's going to get the 3 seed I think.

1. UVa
2. Miami (assuming they beat us)
3. Pitt
4. Clemson
5/6 NC State/Duke winner
7/8/9 Syr/UNC/Wake

Wouldn't like playing Duke or NC State but if we are a 3 seed, we are 14-6 or 15-5 and an NCAAT lock so its house money at that point.

Pitt's going to get the 3 seed I think.

1. UVa
2. Miami (assuming they beat us)
3. Pitt
4. Clemson
5/6 NC State/Duke winner
7/8/9 Syr/UNC/Wake

Wouldn't like playing Duke or NC State but if we are a 3 seed, we are 14-6 or 15-5 and an NCAAT lock so its house money at that point.
That makes us face Miami two moretimes. Not good but I like Pitt for #1... VA and Miami will lose one too.

That makes us face Miami two moretimes. Not good but I like Pitt for #1... VA and Miami will lose one too.

Yea but the ACCT doesn't mean a lot to me. It would be nice to win it and I'll be excited for it but only slightly more than a regular season game. Its not the Big East Tournament. Yea, maybe BE teams put too much emphasis on it but that's just the way it is. The ACCT for me is just some extra games, a way to improve seed, play in, play out, etc. So if we go out early but still have a solid spot in the NCAAT, its fine.

As for Pitt, they need to go 4-1 to get the 1 seed. Very possible. But I'm not sure that's any huge advantage. Is it that much easier playing UNC or Wake in a road game in Game 1?

It’s too early to get any real matchup predictor at this point. We are very likely getting 1-3, at worst 4, and the rest of the standings will shuffle quite a bit.

Reactions: SteelBowl70
It’s too early to get any real matchup predictor at this point. We are very likely getting 1-3, at worst 4, and the rest of the standings will shuffle quite a bit.
Who would you hate to face in Quarter and Semi rounds? My nightmare matches are Duke then NC State.

NC is a far third place since beating a team 3x is mentally hard for me to bet on.

Who would you hate to face in Quarter and Semi rounds? My nightmare matches are Duke then NC State.

NC is a far third place since beating a team 3x is mentally hard for me to bet on.
I do not want to see Florida State again. My nightmare is getting the #2 or #3 seed, Florida State getting the #10 or #11 seed, and seeing them in the quarterfinal after they make a little run.

Yea but the ACCT doesn't mean a lot to me. It would be nice to win it and I'll be excited for it but only slightly more than a regular season game. Its not the Big East Tournament. Yea, maybe BE teams put too much emphasis on it but that's just the way it is. The ACCT for me is just some extra games, a way to improve seed, play in, play out, etc. So if we go out early but still have a solid spot in the NCAAT, its fine.

As for Pitt, they need to go 4-1 to get the 1 seed. Very possible. But I'm not sure that's any huge advantage. Is it that much easier playing UNC or Wake in a road game in Game 1.
It may not carry the same weight that going to MSG and winning the BET would have, but, for me, going to Greensboro and mopping up the floor with tobacco road would be quite an accomplishment for this team and its fans. Obviously, I would rather have us make a nice run in the NCAA TOURNAMENT, but if this team found a way to be ACC tourney Champs, it would be a monumental season for Pitt and HCJC. The kind of season that spurs momentum for the future and tells the college hoops world that PITT IS BACK.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT