ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction:Rutgers will surpass our program next year

Dan1911

Sophomore
Jan 17, 2016
Coaching matters. I expect the wood chopper to compete with us for recruits now and have a better record than us next year.

Coaching matters. I expect the wood chopper to compete with us for recruits now and have a better record than us next year.
Far better head coach, for sure.

But Rutgers is a pretty hopeless place to try to win.

Maybe not next year but by 2022 yes. Say what you want about Schiano and his laughable NFL experience, but he’s a capable ncaa coach. Especially at a place like Rutgers.
Saban, schiano, wanny and others just weren’t great HCs in the NFL. Schiano gets a lot of respect at the college level. He might be corny with the choppin wood, but he will at least get Rutgers out of the dump. He just has a very tough road ahead in the BIG10. I don’t know if he can surpass us, but he will improve Rutgers.

I don't know how high Schiano will take Rutgers in Act II, but if he keeps some kids in Jersey and out of State College, that's a good thing.

Reactions: jctrack
In terms of objective quality? I could maybe see it within the next few years.
But in terms of wins and losses? No way. Big Ten East is just too tough for them.

Of course it isn’t the same. Rutgers is in a difficult division. It doesn’t change the fact that Schiano got the best of Wanny.
I agree, but this present talk. Schiano has a very hard road ahead of him. Very difficult for success. Duzz at least took a dump in an ACC championship game.

Imagine if we would have hired their OC 2 years ago instead of Whipple like I suggested we do?

Pitt became Rutgers several years ago. Now Rutgers has a shot of becoming Va Tech. All schools are down in their division except for the Buckeyes.
Rutgers was 9-39 the 4 previous years before Schiano took over. Even the JM2 era wasn’t that bad, so what exactly is your definition for several years ago?

If Schiano EVER finishes second in that division, then they should immediately build a statue of him and rename the playing surface Greg Schiano Field.

Rutgers was 9-39 the 4 previous years before Schiano took over. Even the JM2 era wasn’t that bad, so what exactly is your definition for several years ago?

If Schiano EVER finishes second in that division, then they should immediately build a statue of him and rename the playing surface Greg Schiano Field.
That will happen before Narduzzi ever wins 8 games again at Pitt.

I would happily take that bet. The odds of Schiano finishing in sole place of 2nd in that division are extremely slim. Narduzzi has already proven he can win 8 games.
He’s proven he can win the Coastal. Lose the championship. And lose a bowl game all in the same season. That’s tough to pull off. Pitt is one of two schools to pull off winning their division and finishing with a .500 record. Kudos. That’s why Pitt pays him $4 million a year.

This whole thread is a lot of words proclaiming Narduzzi blows.

He’s proven he can win the Coastal. Lose the championship. And lose a bowl game all in the same season. That’s tough to pull off. Pitt is one of two schools to pull off winning their division and finishing with a .500 record. Kudos. That’s why Pitt pays him $4 million a year.
Pitt ranks #40 in the amount of money they spend on football. That is also where we are usually ranked.

Reactions: Pitt MD
You guys with all this Buttgers praise have seriously lost it...

they won’t pass Pitt and their only glimmer of hope at that happened with Wanny at the helm.

Reactions: PANTHERAN
I think Buttgers is about to beat PSU and that’s the REAL reason we are seeing Buttgers praise

Right?

get ready Piss U

They beat Purdue and are 2-4. I think there “rebirth” says more about how horrible Chris Ash was than how good of a coach Schiano is. I mean the guy is 70-71 in his career.

Yeah Purdue, which was another teams folks were jocking the coach of a few years ago.

Schiano was 28-48 in the Big East. During the Wanny years, Wanny was 24-18, while Schiano was 21-21.

I hope he beats PSU, but he still stinks.

Reactions: JSSTartan

Well it was kind of meant as a joke. However, four of their six games have been against Michigan State, who is awful, Illinois, who is awful, Michigan, who is awful, and Purdue, who is, well, awful.

If they were the 50th best team in the country (they aren't) they could have easily won all four of those games.

I mean the guy is 70-71 in his career.
At Rutgers that is worthy of a statue and the stadium named after you. Maybe even the whole university named after you.

They’ve only been to 10 bowl games in program history, he was the coach for 6 of those teams. 3 of the other 4 were the 3 years immediately after he initially left.

Reactions: TD_6082
What's you favorite glue flavor?

Reactions: Skip74
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT