ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason Basketball Poll, Lets have a little fun with this

Vader_Storm

Sophomore
Dec 16, 2018
What are your thoughts and predictions to the following questions going into next season? Copy and Paste your answers to the questions.

Which freshmen (not including Dior) are you most excited about?

Which 2 newcomers (including Dior, the freshmen, and the transfers) are you most excited about?

Who will be Pitt’s starting center this year?

Yes or No- Dior Johnson will average at least 12 points per game and 5 assists per game?

Which position on next year’s team concerns you the most?

Which returning player on Pitt’s roster will be most improved next year?

Which player will make the biggest impact off the bench next year?

Over or Under-Ishmael Leggett averages at least 10 points per game and 4 rebounds per game next year?

Over or Under- Blake Hinson averages at least 18 points per game next year for the entire season?

Will Pitt’s offense be ranked in the top 75 in the country in efficiency at years end?

Will Pitt’s defense be ranked in the top 75 in the country in efficiency at years end?

Pick 1- Which area concerns you the most going into next year? Entire Team offense, Entire Team Defense, Rebounding issues, turnover issues, shooting issues, chemistry issues, lack of depth, not a good enough starting 5

Answer-

Will Pitt make the NCAA Tournament next year?

What are your thoughts and predictions to the following questions going into next season? Copy and Paste your answers to the questions.

Carrington

Which 2 newcomers (including Dior, the freshmen, and the transfers) are you most excited about?
Dior and Leggett

Fede

Yes or No- Dior Johnson will average at least 12 points per game and 5 assists per game?
Yes and yes.

Shooting guard

Hinson

Lowe

Over or Under-Ishmael Leggett averages at least 10 points per game and 4 rebounds per game next year?
Yes and yes.

Over or Under- Blake Hinson averages at least 18 points per game next year for the entire season?
Yes

Will Pitt’s offense be ranked in the top 75 in the country in efficiency at years end?
Yes

Will Pitt’s defense be ranked in the top 75 in the country in efficiency at years end?
Yes

Pick 1- Which area concerns you the most going into next year? Entire Team offense, Entire Team Defense, Rebounding issues, turnover issues, shooting issues, chemistry issues, lack of depth, not a good enough starting 5

Answer-shooting

Yes.

Papa Kante

Dior Johnson

Fede Federiko

Yes

Center backup

Diaz-Graham Twins

Jaland Lowe

Over

Under 15-16 points

Yes

No, last season 156, if they were closer to 75th I'd say yes!

Answer- Chemistry

Will Pitt make the NCAA Tournament next year? If the chemistry is there? Yes!

Carrington

DIOR and Austin

Guillermo

Yes and yes

Shooting guard

Hinson. I know he was already good I think being in better shape he is going to be damn near unguardable.

Carrington

Over on both

Over I think he is a 21 ppg NPOY Candidate

Yes

No

Answer-

Team Defense

Yes.

Answer-

Good topic -- Here are my thoughts ...

Which freshmen (not including Dior) are you most excited about? -- there are only four but I'll start with Lowe. Carrington could be easily be there. Both will get a chance.

Which 2 newcomers (including Dior, the freshmen, and the transfers) are you most excited about? -- For me, this season is so much about Dior. He's #1 for sure. I'll put Leggett next.

Who will be Pitt’s starting center this year? - Fede

Yes or No- Dior Johnson will average at least 12 points per game and 5 assists per game? - I hope (and think) Dior will score around 12 or more, but I think he'll be harder pressed to get 5 assists per game. So I'll go with yes and no.

Which position on next year’s team concerns you the most? - Small forward and for me, it's not even close. I'm sure Zach Austin is a fair player, but is he an ACC starter. Until I see it, I'm far from convinced. So if it's it not him, it feels like we are scrambling.

Will Jeffress. I'll believe the hype from Blake and if Zach isn't an ACC starter, who is?

Until I see everyone, I'll go with Lowe, because he might get the chance at the most minutes.

Under on both. I see more like 8-9 and 3-4. And this won't be too bad as long as Carrington and Lowe are contributing also.

I'll go with under at 17.6 PPG

Great question. Toughest question on the list. They were #29 last year, but they really clicked. But it's just so hard to replace 4 senior guards. But I will go with yes at #74.

In my opinion, this is the Panther's greatest opportunity for growth as a team, as we were iffy at times last year and ended last year at #103. But for fun, I'll go with yes at #74.

My #1, #2 and #3 answer is chemistry. Naa ... I'll switch 3 point shooting back in at #2.

Considering we were in the last four in last year, and I think we'll be a little less this coming year, I have to go with no. But we'll be on the bubble.

Hate to say 2 but I think Lowe and Carrington are both going to give very positive minutes and will get fans excited about the future, assuming they dont transfer.

Fede. How is this even a question?

Yes, assuming he stays.
PG - due to the uncertainty with staying in one place that Dior brings

Jeffress
Lowe and/or Carrington

Over. 12 PPG

18.2. barely

No
No

Losing close games. We seemed to win them all last year. If we lost like 3 more of those close games, we may not even had made the NIT

Yes. That is absolutely the expectation.

Hate to say 2 but I think Lowe and Carrington are both going to give very positive minutes and will get fans excited about the future, assuming they dont transfer.

Fede. How is this even a question?

Yes, assuming he stays.

PG - due to the uncertainty with staying in one place that Dior brings

Jeffress

Lowe and/or Carrington

Over. 12 PPG

18.2. barely

No

No

Losing close games. We seemed to win them all last year. If we lost like 3 more of those close games, we may not even had made the NIT

Yes. That is absolutely the expectation.
We were 6-4 in games decided by 5 points are less. While I agree with you that if we lose 3 more close games we might have been NIT bound (or worse), not sure that 6-4 is some crazy record we can’t duplicate.

If you go to games under 10 points, we were 9-8.

We were 6-4 in games decided by 5 points are less. While I agree with you that if we lose 3 more close games we might have been NIT bound (or worse), not sure that 6-4 is some crazy record we can’t duplicate.

We played in the Play in game last year. On what planet wouldnt we have in been NIT or worse? There is no might be.

Carrington. I think if Austin struggles, Carrington will take on the minutes.

Dior and Carrington

Fede early, Papa by season's end.

No and Yes.

2 guard, Leggett was the man last year, albeit on a bad team, he won't be on this team, and that's rarely easy to accept

Which returning player on Pitt’s roster will be most improved next year? I hope it's Jeffress, but I'll go with GDG.

Papa.

No and No.

Under.

Yes

No

Answer-chemistry, hate to say it but last year was the exception under Capel

Will Pitt make the NCAA Tournament next year? Yes, if the chemisty isn't an issue.

Reactions: rockypanther
Good topic -- Here are my thoughts ...

Which freshmen (not including Dior) are you most excited about? -- there are only three but I'll start with Lowe. Carrington could be easily be there. Both will get a chance.
Don't we have four? Carrington, Lowe, Barnes and Kante?

If we lose 1 more, its NIT. 3 more its not even the NIT.

Im a bit surprised this thread didn't get more responses. Although it is summer and the slow time of year. If we get more responses, Ill create another poll like this. Where is bballinsider at among others...

Here are my answers.

Carrington

This question could be viewed as next year or long term. Im answering it as long-term. Carrington and Kante.

Guillermo

Yes

Wing

Hinson

Carrington, although Im not so sure he is coming off the bench

Over

Under. Its the other aspects of his game I think he improves on with much better conditioning.

Barely, but Yes.

Yes, with the assumption that Kante plays a pretty significant reserve role off the bench next year at both C and PF.

Answer-

Turnovers. And this is far and large the biggest one for me. We have a young backcourt, and none of these guys ever played together, and all of them have proven both the ability to score while having turnover issues in the past, and that includes both of of our scoring point guards.

Yes

Reactions: Cavalier Panther

This year - Lowe
Year 2 - Bub
Year 3 - Papa

Leggett

Fede will start but GDG will close the minute disparity from last year.

No, 8 pts 4 assists and 2 boards

Point- talent without experience.

JDG

Lowe

Over

Funny 18 sounds right. Just under.

Yes

Yes

Answer-

Team offense

Yes

This year - Lowe
Year 2 - Bub
Year 3 - Papa

Leggett

Fede will start but GDG will close the minute disparity from last year.

No, 8 pts 4 assists and 2 boards

Point- talent without experience.

JDG

Lowe

Over

Funny 18 sounds right. Just under.

Yes

Yes

Answer-

Team offense

Yes

Team offense is maybe a better way of saying "chemistry" as I did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT