ADVERTISEMENT

Purple Raider Open

wrestlingfan22

Scholarship
Dec 11, 2022
4 of our freshman went to the Purple Raider Open today which is on Flo so all the mats will be available if anyone wants to check them out. The four were Evans, McKay, Swaim and Gurovich
Placements:
141 Swaim: 4th
157 Evans: 4th
165 MacKay: 1st
184: Gurovich: 2-2 DNP

Last edited:
Reactions: singregardless
Nice win for MacKay! Tons of potential in my opinion. Very athletic and quick. Believe they will want him to move up one or two spots in weight.

Very nice day for Grant who struggled on the mat first semester. Surprising result for Evans, I think everyone there probably had him as the favorite against that field.

Hopefully McKay doesn’t go up and and stays right at 165, because Heller graduates and we have no one else. I’ll be honest with you, I’d rather Evans stays at 157 because right now Kessler is giving no offense at all and I know there’s time, and he’s only a freshman, but I like those 2 to battle it out at 157 and McKay takes 165 next year.

Reactions: TJ-Pinzburgh
Hopefully McKay doesn’t go up and and stays right at 165, because Heller graduates and we have no one else. I’ll be honest with you, I’d rather Evans stays at 157 because right now Kessler is giving no offense at all and I know there’s time, and he’s only a freshman, but I like those 2 to battle it out at 157 and McKay takes 165 next year.
I think the idea for MacKay moving up is likely that once Reece is out of eligibility/decides to move on 184 will be wide open. I could see Grant going 74 and Luca moving up to 84 in a year or two if Luca feels like putting on weight could help him out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT